General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Question Where do the contestants on The Biggest Loser go after they are booted off?

This isn't as weird as it sounds. Think about it. You have, say 15 competitors. Only 3 make it to the finals. So there are, say 12 competitors that are let go before the final week. This show is taped months in advance -- there is no gap between the show where the final 3 are named and the season finale. But in reality, the final 3 contestants "go home" for the last few months prior to the taping of the finale. The identity of the "final 3" is a closely guarded secret, or else the season would be boring. SO, IF contestants go home 24 hours after being let go, why don't we know who the final 3 are months ahead of time? The show features a huge welcome home party, and sometimes the contestants speak before city crowds and all. If this happens 24 hours after they go home, why don't we know who the final 3 are long before the season actually airs? You would think that there would be enough online info about which contestant just came home to figure it out. And you can't keep 45 family members silent about who just came home. And these contestants become public personalities in their local town. Undoubtedly they would be spotted by SOMEONE IF they were home right after elimination.
Or do they not go home at all until after the final 3 are announced? And are the "welcome home" segments are shot then?
I've often wondered about this...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #2  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i have wondered this myself...i know the bacholor the girls are sent off to a house..but ive often wondered about the biggest loser..maybe do a google search..this year i think the final 3 will be father/son and tara.
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #3  
Closed

Maybe they are booted ONTO an island instead of OFF of it...hahaha!
I googled it, but didn't find out anything.
Hmmm....maybe they are all computer generated and this is why they get the numbers each week that they do...
Kira
Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i rember reading somewhere that they are weighed in in the afternoon, but arnt told thier what there weight is. i just googled it to..and nothing
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

As far as I know they go home.

That's when the challenge really starts as they don't have the security of the ranch.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 04-22-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

My mom knows a guy that was on Survivor two seasons ago, which runs into a similar situation of taping months before the finale. He had to basically just kind of disappear for several months after being sent home, then anyone he had contact with had to sign major confidentiality contracts with huge monetary fines if the news got out. I think the network tries to keep them busy also.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be if you were one of the first off the show.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

ive always thought they go to their house but i cant be sure..and i think they get their numbers because they're excercising 8 hrs a day and have food tailored to their needs...the last winner (michelle i believe) said that after she went home for those few months, she would excercise 4-6 hrs after work, and would be crying because she didnt want to be there, but it got her the results she wanted.
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #8  
Closed

It makes sense that they have to "disappear" or else the fun of the show --"who will be left?" will be gone. But where do they go?
I wish Kai read this forum (remember her, from the Kim Lyon's season?) -- she'd probably be able to give an answer...
Kira