View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
Ponytail

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Aaneri,

It helped me to make a list of all the reasons that I wanted to be thin. I still have that list on my bedstand. I read it every morning before I get dressed. I also have the list in my vehicle and I read it every night before I get out the vehicle after work. It reminds me of all the reasons I want to be thin more than I want the food (like Rockin Robin states). It helps me to stay committed, focused, and on plan during weak moments.

I have also learned to repeatedly give myself credit along the way for making good food choices, exercising, and for falling down and standing back up if I temporarily go off plan. By continually giving myself credit my confidence builds. This helps me conquer plateaus when weight loss does not occur. It's different this time...it will not matter a few years from now how long it took, I need to remind myself why it's important to lose weight slowly. My long term success depends on it!

Best wishes...the best things in life are never easy, they are worth working for, accept the challenge!

"Persevere and you will win the prize"

Last edited by Ponytail; 04-22-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote