South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #1  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Default T-riffic Tuesday!

I have to leave early to hit the gym before school...(went back yesterday and hip is ok today!) So, I guess I'm the first to post...been a long time since that happened!
I've attached a picture from the formal the other night...had a great time seeing all the old fraternity guys again...it's been 30 years since I've seen some of them and we all just picked up like we saw each other yesterday. Had a wonderful time! Thank you South Beach...

Hope everyone has a super, super day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-19-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

What a nice surprise to see you starting us up this morning, Cat! You look absolutely stunning in your dress, and I'm glad you had a terrific time!

It's foggy here, but it may dry out a little and warm up before another round of rain hits us later. It sure is helping to make everything burst into bloom, though. I spent yesterday afternoon going through the girls' clothes and packing away their winter things, what a job that was! I still haven't gotten around to switching my wardrobe since we've still had some chilly weather, but it's just a matter of changing clothes from the closet in the guestroom to my bedroom, so it's not too big of a deal. I'll probably get it done one morning this week.

Mmmmm, the coffee's really good this morning!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Beach Babes. Nice to see you both and a great picture of Cat.

It's back to real life this morning. I did not pick up Jazz last night but Disney is still sleeping. She had a ball at the Pypers' chasing the poor carts and playing with Bailey and is exhausted. She also had a slight case of the runs (eating kitty litter!) so I had to deal with poopy butt last night before anything else. She is a good dog and appreciated being cleaned up.

This morning I will pick up Jazz and also have a garden club executive meeting scheduled. There goes the morning! This afternoon it'll be laundry time for sure since I somehow managed to get pretty adorned with cat hair from those loving critters at Meowee's house!

I was very pleased to see a weight drop while I was away and can finally say my ticker is not lying. Let's hope it keeps moving in the same direction!

T-riffic Tuesday to all.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome home, Ruth!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cat - wow, you look fabulous!

Cottage - are you going to share flower pics? Things are taking their time up here, probably because it's been so darned cool.

Ruth - Welcome home

It's gray and very wet here. I can't complain, we really need the rain. It's the time of year fires are likely to pop up so rain helps.

I'm off to visit a potential program this morning and then WFH this afternoon.

Off to make a hearty breakfast so I don't indulge in an unplanned snack mid-morning. It's challenging planning around mornings with visits and lots of travel.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

It is going to be a wild and crazy day in Alabama! Today is our annual fundraiser. We're expecting about 375 guests. The tables are completely decorated except for the center pieces. A local chef is catering. Don't know what we are having, but I'm sure it will be yummy. I have a new pretty dress and two pairs of shoes that match -- one ridiculously high heeled and beautiful and one practical. I'm carrying both with me. I won't be home till after nine tonight. I have a choice of being paid time and a half for the overtime or taking the hours off at regular pay. Haven't decided. I already miss my family -- but, putting it in perspective, the fundraiser is once a year.

Hope you all have a great day. I have to wake Auston up for a shower. He's starting to smell like a homeless man. ewwww!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

good morning chicks!

Femme - you look FABULOUS!!! Glad you enjoyed!

Ruth - glad to see you had a good time. How did the scale go down...I'm envious!!

Cottage - hmmm....I'm not sure I have enough clothes to switch them out . Maybe when we move, I'll start doing that...

Cyndi - You seem to be feeling better than you were a while ago . Have a great day!

Chelby - glad you're enjoying the new job!! Have fun tonight!

Me - Had a beautiful weekend at a state park in WV. The flies were HORRENDOUS, but otherwise beautiful. Back to the grind now!!

No news on the house . If I moved this slow, I'd lose my job!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning ladies.
Cat, you do look stunning surrounded by your flock of gentlemen friends!
Jenski, congratulations on your new job. It does sound perfect!
Sophie, sorry about your moth issues - don't you weave or knit? Did they get into your handmade things? That's really a shame.
Chel, you will post pictures too, right? The fundraiser event sounds like fun.
Have a great day Cyndi.
Ruth, welcome "home" and congratulations on your honest ticker.
uggh, cottage, I'll be in the middle of the great clothing swap for a week or two. And it involves lugging rubbermaid bins upstairs to the attic. I did find lots of summer goal clothes, I've got a ton of stuff that's just a tad too tight. I'm challenging myself to see how much of it I can wear by the end of the summer.

Let's see... Today is my grandmother's real birthday. 94 years young!! Although we celebrated over the weekend, I'll try to get in a quick visit today. Which reminds me that DD's birthday is only a week away and she wants an iPod touch, so I'd better get that ordered. Yesterday was so work-busy, I have lots of catching up to do around here today. But the rest of the week should be pretty quiet, so hopefully I can get ahead, as we have another busy weekend planned. And my niece is coming by later so I can fit her bridesmaid's dress and pin up the hem. And the skirt is not even attached to the bodice yet, so that's my lunch hour plan right there. I had a clean Phase I day yesterday! Yeah, me! I guess that's about it, plenty to keep me busy. Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Cat- you looked stunning in your picture, I am sure you had a wonderful time.
Cottage- I need to do the switch as well, but the mornings are still so chilly, I think I will wait a few more weeks.
Ruth- Welcome home and congratulations on onderland, I know you are feeling good.
Cyndi- Try to have some fun when doing all that traveling and running around today.
Chelby- Please post a picture would love to see.
TwynnB- I hope you hear something about the house soon.
Schmoodle- Happy Birthday to your Grandmother. Glad to hear you had a clean phase 1- I have decided I am going on phase 1 on Saturday.

As for me- I am doing a wfh so that makes for a relaxing and less stressful day. DD1 has soccer match tonight and DS has track meet. I think we are going to watch DD play soccer and then go to dinner with DH and DD2.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, lovely ladies!!! Happy Tuesday!!!!

Cat - What a great pictures.....You look FANTASTIC!!!

Cottage - The whole idea of switching clothes is such a foreign concept to me. I hope you get it done soon.

Ruth - I'm sure Jazz will be happy to see you today. You're such a good mommy!

Cyndi - Good job planning. Here's to staying on track!

Chelby - Have a great time today, and Yes, we do need to see pictures!

Twynn - Glad to hear that you had a good time on vacation! Sorry to hear that the house thing has become so uncertain. Good luck with it all!

Schmoo - Good job being on track yesterday. Have fun spending time with our niece today!

Pearl - Enjoy your time at home today!!!

Me - Despite the fact that it was almost 100 degrees here yesterday, I had a good day. Work went by fast and it was really productive, Rich was given amazing tickets to Wednesday's Angel game, my trip to the dentist was great (No Cavities!!!!), and I chatted with a friend I hadn't spoken with for a while. Good day all around. Here's hoping today is more of the same. My on-demand wasn't working...again....but I watched a 30 show while walking and doing squats. I'm very pleased with myself. Nothing much on the docket tonight, except for Idol and Laundry. I'm hoping it cools down a little.
Have a wonderful Tuesday, ladies!!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Funny Auston Story: He was mad at me this morning because I wouldn't let him watch TV before school. He said in his ugliest, most disrespectful voice, "Well, YOU look like a TEENAGER!" It's hard to punish that.

Schmoodle: I got an iPod Touch for my birthday last year. DH got a refurbished one on Ebay for less than half the selling price. I haven't had a moments trouble from it. Just a thought...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #12  
sophie

Good morning,

Cat - Wow, maybe we should post it someplace where it can be a constant inspiration. You look wonderful.

Cottage - you are so organized. Hope you don't have moths your way.

Ruth - maybe we should all go to Nova Scotia, the air there must have given you good willpower. You will go in the right direction from now on.

Cyndi - rain here too but as soon as it stops and the earth dries up a bit I will be turning it over. I do love soil that is tended to.

Chelby - oh those high heels sound great. Smart idea to take another pair. Hope fundraiser is successful.

Twynn - must have been beautiful in WV. Lots of wild flowers I bet. Things will happen on the house sooner or later.

Scmoodles - hope we get to see the dress. Congratulations to your grandmother on her 94th birthday. Yes, I weave and knit and those buggers went after my most expensive merino yarn. I have huge cones so I wound the chewed up part off and everything went in plastic bags.

Pearl - nice for you to work from home today. My son was 28 on sunday and I thought it was nice not to have to think of theme parties or have sleep overs.

Heather - I want warm weather but not 100. Is it a humid 100?

Me - I put on a jambalaya in the crockpot and will go for a walk today and then go thru another closet. I have 7 and two of them are walkins.

Have a nice SBD day.

Sophie
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Got some pix to share, finally got them uploaded to photobucket.
Cyndi wanted some flowers. Here are my bluebells that DH keeps trying to smoosh by putting things on top of them.

And here's the birthday girl - note the lack of wrinkles at 94. I'm really really really hoping I got some of that in my genes.

And here's a shot I took on our weekend hike. That's South Mountain off in the distance. DS's school is right in the middle of the picture, and my house is off to the right. It was a little hazy.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good tuesday morning everyone.... my laptop went a little crazy over the past week and a bit.... john bought a new router and i couldnt connect to the internet... i had the withdrawls lol... but im back now, dont know for how long tho, i think i need a new laptop. its not in the budget so....
ruth.. hope you had a great trip
chelby.. glad youre liking your job.
everyone else.. have a great day on the beach...
me-- last week i woke up and got outta bed... i was so dizzy it wasnt even funny... i slowly made my way to the bathroom.... i was dizzy like that for about 3 hours.... checked my blood sugar, cuz thats the first thing that came to mind, and it was perfect... then a few days later it happened again.... and again... and again yesterday... it makes me nausitated... really strange... and i know i should go to the dr but im scared. daddy thinks it could be my blood pressure. all thru my pregnancies my pressure was low... heck i dont know, im trying to play dr here.

stacy xxx
Old 04-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #15  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all. just got home from the gym and picking up a few groceries. it is snowing today but turning to rain later....uggg
Closed Thread