Old 04-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default HAWT-er Biker Chicks (a.k.a. Chicks on Motorcycles)

Hello! We are a group of chicks who love our bikes...and scooters! We are a diverse group from one coast to another, with two things in common...we are working on getting smaller and fitter; and we love our knees in the breeze
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

(ChopperChick's last post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperChick355 View Post
OMG Holly that is so awesome, I don't do much cooking but have been to a "Taste of Home Cooking" show and it was awesome, I did buy a couple of their books and there are some awesome receipes none of them to heathly but very good

Oh wow that would be way to scary for me driving in the dark with absolutely no lights I would have probably pulled over and started walking but not sure that would have been any better though...... Local Swap Meet that probably took up a day but it is always nice seeing people and socializing- I love to socialize Nice to hear Pickles was able to show and also rode in what 50 degrees- go girl

Tammy I am a district supervisor for 10 convience stores. So really that keeps me busy as I am on call 24-7 but I honestly have a super great area, all my managers are very reliable and have been around for awhile some even longer than I have been - I just started with the company exactly 5 years ago as a manager and just after a year got offered this job - A few of the managers wanted this job so I thought there would be a little trouble but now they all say they wouldn't change it for the world, we all really get along great, I do love my job most days but of course it as with any job it has its days.......

Vegas in 2 weeks and 5 days oh I am so ready for vacation, but it is all brought on myself, like I said we are busy but most of it recreational. It is one of those live life things because it can be shortened at any time..... DH father passed about 8 years ago at the age of 50 just went to bed and didn't wake up??? MIL decided not to have autopsy done so we don't know the cause, also DH grandfather and greatgrandfather both passed away in their late 40's early 50's so with that we just decided that we need to enjoy and be involved. Sorry got way off track there alittle

Ok well I am not still on track--- Saturday was fine, but today well we had Taco Johns for lunch and for supper HuHot- we weren't home went to pickup a new motorcycle for our friends and bring it home then of course we had to go for a ride it was 48 degrees today but hey I put the stocking cap and gloves and leathers on and away we went YAY

Ok better getting a few more things done before going to bed, talk to you tomorrow
Reda
Old 04-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

(my earlier post this morning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Good morning! another sunny day before we get two days of rain. We have been lucky with the sun, so I won't complain about the rain too much. I did more yard work yesterday, it is an instant gratification thing at least, when the yard looks so much better with a little effort. Also dug up four young pine trees I found in the woods (our property, so I wasn't stealing them ) and planted them between our house and the road. More yard work to do today.

Reda, I absolutely agree with your LIVE LIFE NOW! That is an awesome motto and you are doing it

Tammy, I am sure you will grab hold of your dedication and keep going down As I need to do about food. We will do this!

Hi Mandy, Gina and Jill!

I will check back in after I exercise...and then...maybe I'll get up my courage and start a new thread for us, which I think I've done maybe once in my 6 years here
Old 04-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

(Ladyrider's earlier post this morning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
CC: My sister used to do the same thing you do, but she is in NM. She loved it too, but her husband had a brain aneurysm and then she broke her ankle and wrist. I hope she gets back to it one day. I agree with the live life now..... you never know. My ex husband (the boys dad) died of a massive heart attack at the age of 39. I am forcing our whole family to eat healthier partly b/c of this. His death made 4 generations that I know of that had a heart attack--- which by itself is not good for my boys, but my dad also died the same way..... those boys have a target on their heart and they know it.

Holly, I would soooo hate to have to do with your friend had to do--- that would be scary! I don't ride much after dark but if I do I am not alone..... yet anyway. Thanks for starting the new thread, I have not done one yet....

I binged all weekend, so in these last 19 days before I leave for Vegas (we are going!) I am going to try to eat better....... I got some books at the library yesterday and now I am "re thinking" my stay at the Stratosphere b/c it is so far away from the strip (which could be a good or bad thing). I am not sure yet. But, I do know I am soooo ready for a vacation and ready to get married!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

OK, into our new thread! We really pushed the limits on the last one, lol. Almost up to 500 posts. anyhoo...

Tammy, OMG your ex was only 39??? TOOO young But that sure would be an incentive to try to change wouldn't it. I am sure you are gonna find your 'groove' in the next 19 days before hitting the wedding chapel Are you going to do one of the Elvis themed ones?

This morning I did Day 6 Level 3 of The Shred...and then...(drumroll) did a Cathe DVD, the Cardio Circuit. So I did an hour and 20 minutes of working out I am sooo glad that I can now! it takes being sick to make you glad to be able to work out for an hour
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

wow a new thread, cool. Holly, congrats on getting your recipe published, thats awesome. Well its Monday which means weigh in day for the BL challenge, had to post a GAIN!!! YUCK!!!! I reset my ticker to make it look like I am just starting from my current weight to see if that helps get me back on the wagon. I sucked at keeping track of my calories last week started my period on Friday so I am sure that had something to do with all my eating and not caring. Today I am baby sitting a 3month old, she is the sweetest little girl, I love it. I also just bleached the kids bathroom, EEWWW. Why the previous owners but white tile and white grout, I will NEVER know.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

good morning Mandy! I also sucked at the calorie challenge ... with no plausible excuse. Kewl that you get to baby sit a sweet baby girl today! and lol at the white bathroom. HOpe you have a great day
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Mandy, girl, you should hunt those people up and ask them if they are "ate up with dumb". Dang, white? Whew.

Too bad kids can't stay that sweet huh?

You are a step ahead of me though. I did not weight this AM b/c I did not want to post a gain, nor did I want to see a "2" before my numbers. I am doing damage control with Slim Fast today..... but back on the horse tomorrow.

Holly, We are going to the Little White Wedding Chapel (you can see on the website), we are going to do the "bikers special" where we drive thru the "tunnel of love" on our bikes. We thought, hey we love to ride, we have not done this before... so lets go for it. I don't know that I would do it for my "first" wedding, but it is appropriate at this time.

Thanks for starting the thread! Great job on the exercise! Don't get too spoiled to staying at home

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

So, i think I read back on the last thread about a challenge? what we gonna do?
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

First off, Thanks Holly for starting the new thread

Mandy that bathroom would be a never ending cleaning job in my house since DH is a mechanic so I would be cleaning everyday....

Tammy wow 39 is very very young and so sad, so sorry but it really does make you look at the road ahead and the whole picture and scheme of things.
So exciting about the wedding It sounds so awesome. Stratosphere is quite away from the strip- Excalibur is a very nice Hotel and right across the street from New York- New York and MGM. Usually rooms are very cheap there, I think you can get for like $39 a night during the week. We also like to stay at Four Queens down on Fremont Street. Hooters was also really nice but a little more expensive. Anyways just some insight on some hotels. One thing with Excalibur they have an awesome show- It is a magical with knights on horses and wizards, it also comes with a meal. Blue Man group is also a great show to so see as well. Anyways can't tell we haven't been there several, several times

Holly great job on the exercise, all i can say is you go girl Are you enjoying your time off?

Well I will be traveling quite a bit this week, so probably won't be on every night but I will try

Oh we are suppose to get 70-80 degree weather on Wednesday and Thursday and I am thinking maybe a cough could be coming on But I will probably work but I will def be home to go riding at a decent time (I hope)

Well have a Great Week
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:57 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks!

Mandy - I don't remember what we talked about challenge-wise...I'm ashamed that I did so cruddy with the calorie one..but I'll try again!

Reda - I sure hope you get finished work in time in the days ahead so you can ride in 70 and 80 degree temps!! and YES I am soooo enjoying my time off!

Tammy - I looked up The LIttle White Chapel, and saw the pics with the bikes in the Drive-Thru - too kewl!! and okay I'll try not to get too spoiled with this time off

We had SNOW last night briefly - ugh! only a couple little pockets of it still around this morning and it's s'posed to get to 50-ish today with rain(which I guess we do need, and already the lawn looks greener) ...and we're also s'posed to get to 70 this Friday and weekend!

haven't exercised yet but I will and I will check back after I have.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #12  

Mandy, I talked a little about a July 4th "challenge" but not many replied so I figured I would just try to wing it. How is the boxing going?

Holly, gosh the snow...... if I were you I would throw a little not that it would work, but it would make you feel better!

Reda, I am hoping I get to ride too. It is supposed to be 70-80 through the weekend! I am cleaning out my "fat clothes" from my closet today after work, but I am riding to work the rest of the week. Thanks for the hotel advise...... I am getting down to the wire! 18 days.......

Okay, I cannot gripe the rest of the week about my son..... he bought me the 6 weeks of fitness bootcamp for my Mother's Day and b-day present. I am going to start it 4 days a week when I get back from Vegas. That will put my 6 weeks ending right at the week of my 36th bday. I talked to the instructor yesterday and told him I have lost almost 70 pounds on my own (today was 69.5-- but not posting b/c I am still teetering) and he said go ahead and come on in girl and we will get the last 20 you want to lose off. If I can get 20 off...... I will not be OVERWEIGHT anymore...... woo hoo! I am hoping that it is as fun and "doable" since I am a blonde and I am NOT coordinated. Anyway, it was nice of him to get it for me.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #13  

Oh, I forgot. I am reading a cool book. It is "How to eat like a hot chick". I don't have it with me to tell you the authors, to me it is almost comparable to "Skinny B's", but it is not as "food bashing" as they are and not quite as rough. This one does have bad language, but it is funny. Their main thing is if you eat like a pig for bfast then eat just spinach for supper..... it is kinda like I do on the weekend, when I pig out on the weekend, I try to do damage control on Monday.... it is that theory. I am on chapter 4.... it is not a big book. It is entertaining. I got it at the library Sunday.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

Tammy, that was soooo nice of your son! And I am down for a challenge...I'll give it a try!

This morning was day 7 or 8 (?) Level 3 of The Shred, and then I *tried* to do a step aerobics tape, but gosh..I sometimes have a pain, and I'm afraid to admit it might be sciatica, it feels like a cramp that runs from my butt (right side only) down my leg, and I just had to stop the Step tape after only 11 minutes but I did do the Ab section.

Our son actually was able to ride home at his usual time last night, he said that the snow stopped and it felt warmer around midnight, and the roads were just wet.

Tammy, my goal of 150 is because that means I'm not "overweight" either I surely would love to see the scale be below that (so that I can say I'm "140/something") but once I'm 150 then I'm no longer considered overweight.

well time to clean the kitchen I think. Have a great day chicks!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies,

Holly, here is my disclaimer--- I am not a doctor..... however I have had sciatica off and on. I have been told by numerous doctors that fish oil is an anti inflammatory, heart healthy, and anti depressant treatment. I did not "listen" to well b/c I hate to take medication on a regular basis, but I started taking fish oil caplets (not from WM-- they need to come from a healthfood store or drug store) 1000mg three times a day for my hair (I am losing it due to the rapid weight loss--- however I have thick hair). Anyway, I have been taking it on schedule and "poof" the sciatic/ left leg pain is not there! Knock on wood! Just keep on top of it. If you believe in chiropractors and have insurance I would do that while you are off since you have to go so much. You can email me if you are not sure about them. I will give you my private opinion.

CC: I hate you are so busy.... does it keep you out of trouble? Did you get to ride today? I did. It was a little chilly coming to work, but it will be beautiful going home!

Mandy.... hope you got that bathroom.