South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Movin' and Shakin" Monday!

Good morning! It's going to be a sun-free Monday here, so I'll have to make my own. At least the rain will give the snapdragons and primroses I planted a good start.

I don't have to go in until a little later, and I think I'll use the extra time to put on a nice pot of Fireside White Bean soup for tonight's supper. I should have some soy chorizo in the freezer to put in it. A nice loaf of homemade bread would go good with it, too, but I just don't trust myself around it.

Amber informed me yesterday that she only has 38 more days of school until summer vacation. That doesn't seem all that far away!

Time to refill my mug. Who's joining me on this rainy morn? Let's get on with the movin' and shakin'!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-20-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Sun's here right now but leaving soon.
I'm funny with homemade bread. I have to have the very first slice out of the oven, then I rarely eat another slice.

You have so much energy in the morning! Where can I find some of that?! 38 days does seem pretty reasonable Maybe we can make it to summer.

My boss is away all week so the work stress may be a little less. Probably not much less because apparently April 30th is the day we find out what her budget looks like. I will be really glad to be done with the waiting but I'm afraid of what the agency will look like after 7/1. I worry that my best friend, the person who was there when I started, will be gone and I wonder if my other long time co-worker will be cut so much she needs to go elsewhere. I'm not sure how I feel about the place without the two of them. Ah well, I can worry and worry but until it's approved by the Board there's no point expending a lot of energy on it. Even then there's nothing we can do but move forward.

I'm going to jump in the shower and head out early to look for warblers. They always make me smile. Have a good Monday Chicks.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from sunny and snowless Nova Scotia.

I'm in four-legged friend overkill and it's great. (I was worried I'd really miss Disney and Jazz!) With one exception, Meowee's six cats like me. Yesterday we visited her friend who has eight dogs and I was a hit there. Then we went to a dogshow! I am definitely NOT in animal withdrawal.

We are going to hit the loensome highway to the airport shortly - and it really is wilderness in this part of NS. Meowee is flying to Toronto to be with family and I'll be back in Ottawa by mid-afternoon. Then I'll collect the doggage and be snug in my Delta digs. See y'all then.

By the way, my ticker is lying! I'm back in ONEderland and the exit gate is now locked!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #4  

Ah, there you are! I was beginning to think I'd have to drink this pot of coffee all by myself.

I pray you and Meowee have a safe trip this today, Ruth. It sounds like you've made lots of new 4-legged friends. I know Disney and Jazz will be overjoyed to have you back home and all together in your snug abode this evening.

Cyndi, I think we all share your concerns regarding our jobs nowadays. But I've decided there's nothing I can achieve by worrying about it except stressing myself out. Hang in there and hope for the best. I hope you see lots of warblers out there to cheer your day!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cottage: Homemade bread would kill me, too. I rarely make the cheddar muffins because I want ALL of them.

Cyndi: I try hard not to worry about what I can't control. It's hard work!

Ruth: Hooray for Onderland! Congrats! Hope your flight is uneventful.

Me: My mom and I made a pact this weekend. We won't see each other again till July 4th. My goal is 175. Her goal is below 200. We can do it!

Our biggest fundraiser of the year is tomorrow night. Today I get to wear jeans to work because we are getting down and dirty decorating. I hope they noticed that 'creativity' is not on my resume. But, I'm good and strong and can lift almost anything. It's going to be a long couple of days. Tonight I won't be home till 7:30, after Jazzercise. Tomorrow night I won't be home till after 9, after the fundraiser. I'm going to miss my family!

I'm off for more hot tea and a shower. You all have a great day! I'll check in as soon as I can.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #6  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Good morning all!
Well, I have big news. I got a new job. I was only half looking when I stumbled upon an AWESOME opportunity. It is 100% work from home. My hours will be somewhat flexible, so I can work 7am-3pm and be done when DS is out of school. DD is only in half day preschool, so I need to make arrangements out for her. But knowing it is only for a few hours, makes it a tad better in my eyes. The kids will be home for summer break soon, so I'll have to work something out for them. I am hoping to find a HS or college kid that would want to babysit here in my house. I'll be around, I just need someone to entertain, make lunch, etc. I am really excited about the opportunity. It sounds like a great job, awesome perks, very generous. I TRIPLED my salary! This is one of the reasons I couldn't pass it up, this would change our lives. Takes a lot of pressure off DH. We are always worried what would happen if he lost his job. The only drawback.... it is full time. I haven't worked full time since DS was born, 7 years ago! I am super nervous about how I am going to get in 40 hours of work a week. DH and I are going to work as a team and he says it is time for him to step in and take on more responsibility at home. Only time will tell. So on one hand I am excited to have a great job and having something back that is for me... on the other hand I am very sad about some of the time I will be losing with my kids. I hope this is the right decision for us, I feel really guilty about it! I have been enjoying my time home these last few months, but I also felt like something was missing.
OK, I'm rambling. I just know that some of you know what I am going thru...
Have a great day! It is raining here.... not a nice way to start the day.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 04-20-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #7  

Congratulations, Jenski! That job sounds perfect, and you'll still be able to do it from home. That sounds ideal! I'm sure you and your DH will be able to settle into a routine eventually.

Chelby, I'm glad you had a visit with your mom & sister. That's a great idea to make that pact with your mother, and I know you can do it!

My DD gave me a simple recipe for soaking oatmeal in milk overnight, and scooping out your serving the next morning. I made it using unsweetened almond milk and added some blueberries to it this morning, and it's delicious! Yummmmmmmm!!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, I find that having small rolls or slices of bread in the freezer helps me stick with portions. I can't be well trusted around a loaf of fresh bread, either. DH put down fertilizer after we raked our lawns yesterday, so I'm thankful for the rain and cool temps. It'll help the grass to grow!

I'm still so tired and out of it. I may have to bite the bullet and make an appt. with my ENT. We got a lot done this weekend, though. DH and I went to a local ceramic painting shop and made a birthday plate for our nephew, who turns 1 in May. We also put the screens back in the windows; the upstairs smelled SOOO good from all the fresh air after a musty winter!

Yesterday we raked the lawns (boy, did I get a workout!) and I did some spring pruning. Cottage, I love primroses--they are SO cheerful! Ours are up, but not flowers yet.

I have my annual scrapbook retreat this weekend and am really, really looking forward to it. I have a lot to do to get ready--it's like packing for three people--one suitcase for my stuff, one suitcase for my food, and fifteen suitcases for my scrapping supplies!

Ruth, I'm so glad you've had fun and had your fill of four-legged companionship! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Bengals! Have a safe trip and enjoy the doggage reunion!

I hope all goes well at work, Cyndi, but I agree with Cottage. Worrying now won't help (not that I'm good at curtailing worrying, meself! ). Hope you see lots of warblers and robins too!

Jenski! I have several friends that have sitters just as you describe. It helps a lot and they love their sitters--they become like one of the family! Summer's a great time to get that kind of help. I'm sure you'll do wonderful and I'm glad DH is stepping up. He sounds like a great guy!

Have a wonderful day, chicks!

Last edited by beachgal; 04-20-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Monday!

Cottage - Sorry that you have no sun where you are....We've got plenty out here, so I'll do my best to send you some!

Cyndi - Sorry to hear that things are stressful at work. Hopefully with the budget being done soon enough there will be relief, regardless of the outcome!

Ruth - Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Hope your pups don't get too jealous when you get home.

Chelby - Have fun decorating today. Gotta love a jean day at work!

Jen - Congrats on the new job!!!! I'm sure you'll figure it all out!!!!

Laurie - Sounds like you had a very productive weekend!

Me - Had a really good weekend...Saturday was great, ran some errands, found out the my credit score went up, and had an amazing dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House. And, yes, it was worth eating lettuce all day! And then yesterday my sister and her girlfriend came over to the house and we grilled some chicken and made a really yummy grilled WW pasta salad. The food was fantastic! My sister has an interview today, so I"m really hoping the late lunch was a good boost for her to have a great day today!
Headed to the dentist after work today, so I've got a crockpot ready to go for dinner tonight. And then it'll be a quiet night.
Have a good one, ladies!!!
BLESSINGS!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #10  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, i'm excited this morning found out i go to orientation for the new job on thurs. and its been so looooong since i worked...i miss working so much
Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats jenski --now send some of that mojo my way? I'm on week 12 of unemployment.

I am struggling to find the strength to do much of anything right now. I *will* move today and go food shopping -- all SBD friendly foods for me. Back to the beach for real.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Cottage- That recipe for the oatmeal sounds delish!! I can not be trusted around homemade bread either.

Cyndi - I hope everything turns out well at work.

Ruth - Glad to hear you had such a wonderful weekend.

Chelby - Have fun trying to get "creative" today.

Jen - Congrats on the new job!!!! I have used teenagers in the past for the summer and it always worked out wonderfully.

Laurie - You were super busy today, hope that you get to feeling better.

HmacNeil- Glad you had a wonderful time as well this weekend.

As for me not much going on today other than battling a cold. I am going to do a wfh tomorow which will be nice because it is my BD and then I can sleep in a tiny bit more.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, everyone! Flying by this afternoon. I stayed at work through lunch and need to swing by the post office before people start filtering in again! I'm beginning to think we'll never get caught up at the office!

Okay, gotta get. I hope the post office isn't packed!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #14  
sophie

Good afternoon,
So besides celebrating Easter again and my son`s birthday, I have been so busy emptying all my closets and looking at all the woolen clothes. I have discovered moths. They ate my DH merino sweaters and also attacked some yarn in my studio. I have lived in this house for 28 years and have never had this problem. Its very disturbing to me because I am the type of person that can`t stand a fly in the house. I had no clue that this was going on.
Sophie
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Jenski, if your hubby is on board, you will do great! I went back to work full time 3 weeks ago, after being home for 5 years. Auston is actually handling it better than I am! It has been an adjustment for us all, but we are making it work. DH has been a trouper! He is even picking up after himself. WooHoo!!! Congratulations on your job!
Closed Thread