Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default my story

I've been on here for about a week now. Trying to tackle the fat inside me. I do really well at work and then dinner comes around and I eat like I haven't eaten in days. I don't know what mt problem is.

When I was 7 years old and my father/ best friend left my mom was constantly working and we ate A LOT of fast food. That is where I think it all started. I will be 21 in december and I weigh 255. Ahhh that's the mosgt I've ever weighed ad clearly ir disgusts me. I started to count calories and I'm eating a lot better than I ever did. I also started walking/ jogging 4 times a week. So far so good but who knows how long it will last. I don't mean to be negativwe but I'm way past believing in myself. I had my gall bladder removed a mth a go and I was suppose to chg they way I eat. Did I? Nope. I continue to eat like a pig. I'm sick abd tired of being the fat girl. I live w my bf and his dad who both are very skinny. I eat alone most of the time but when I do eat w them we eat pizza or fast food. Which I'm slowly decreasing the amount I eat. How do I get my ambition back. I CAN'T live my life like this anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. A lot of you have lost a significant amount of weight so any words of wisdom would be nice. Sorry its so long.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Perhaps all 3 of you, or you and your boyfriend -- or just you! -- would enjoy doing things like going to a farmer's market, or going to U-pick farms, or hiking with a picnic break. Instead of just trying to abstain from your current lifestyle re: food, maybe just try to get more out of your food experiences. I've found that you can eat less but enjoy more by being choosy about selecting/preparing your food.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/307/140

Height: 5'8

Keep trying. You are never a failure until you stop trying.
salamroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Breanna, you can have a healthy weight, absolutely and 100% without any shadow of a doubt if you want it badly enough. Hugs to you. We are all here for you and I think we can all identify with your feelings. Calorie counting is what I do. It's a great way to educate yourself about foods and the way they react with your own body.

I read somewhere here a long time ago---it is HARD to be fat, it is HARD to maintain, it is HARD to lose weight. Pick YOUR hard.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #5  

I really like that. Calorie counting must work I went from 255 to 253.6 since Monday.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
I really like that. Calorie counting must work I went from 255 to 253.6 since Monday.
Congrats!!!

I too am a calorie counter and yes - it does work!! But like any good program - you must MAKE it work and of course - continue to make it work.

Make sure you have a plan in place. Map out each and every day. Try your best to have good, tasty, healthy - low calorie foods on hand.

You're off to a fine start. Just keep at it. Keep on going and watch your hard work pay off - big time!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #7  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi Breanna,
I tried and failed, and tried and failed, all the way through my 20's, 30's and most of my 40's... Along the way thinking I don't want to do this now, I can take it seriously next week... next month, next year... It's too hard... I have time.. I can't do it...
I continued to chose the comfort food gave me over what could happen to me 'physically' if I continued to ignore my unhealthy lifestyle...
I never thought too much about the complications of being overweight. I always felt good physically, (emotionally and socially would be a whole new post) ... "I never thought it would happen to me"... Well, It did happen, I do, and I will, suffer the consequences for the rest of my life... Here is just a snap-shot of what happened to my body because I was in denial, ate horribly..and didn't feel like exercising..
At 36, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, direct correlation to diet/exercise, I took the medication, but never really altered my food or activity. I'm on insulin now and have painful nerve damage in my feet and hands.
At 36, I was told my cholesterol was too high, but I did little to alter my eating habits... I took the medication for a few months and stopped.
At 49, I had a heart attack.. high cholesterol, obesity and lack of exercise were all big culprits..
And just this year I was diagnosed with severe arthritis in my neck, spine and knees, lots of people have it, but the docs attribute it to too much weight, too little exercise and lack of important nutrients found in good food.

I didn't intend this post to be 'all about me', I really just wanted to reach out to you.. My sincere message to you is please do not wait, even till tomorrow, to start.. take care of your body... Start with one good food choice, Start with one meal, start with one hour, but start...

I'm consistently eating well and exercising now and feel better, proof that it's never too late... I sure wish I had taken action when I was younger, I may have avoided some of the consequences... I do it now to try to prevent any progression, so there is always good reason to do the best you can..
My best to you on your journey..
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #8  
sugar is the devil

Is it possible to ask boyfriend/his father if you could all eat more healthy? If they don't want to give up their food habits, which is fine, maybe go out and make your own food? The temptation is there but you can focus your time, energy, and mind on preparing a healthy dinner for yourself. And when they do eat pizza or something greasy/smelly, take that time to go out for a jog/walk so you are not around the aromas which may trigger you.

Just a couple of ideas.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Breanna,

Can you tell me what you mean by 'doing really well' all day?

I, too, suspect that you might need to spread your calories out over the day better. That'll arm you against feeling ravenous come supper time.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #10  

I try to divide the calories so thats its even for every meal. But im realizing that im more hungry in the afternoon. I dont usually eat a snack after breakfast because i eat at 930 and then I have lunch at 1130. My breakfast holds me over. So i try and use that extra snack in the afternoon which works but then im starving by the time I get home to eat dinner. I think your right. I dont plan it out enough and then overeat.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Sweetie you are young! You can do this! Please believe in yourself, you have a long time to live life to the fullest.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Breanna, we are rooting for you here! Let me ask you, are you eating a healthy snack between lunch and dinner?You can have one after dinner too. Have you cut out soft drinks and are you drinking lots of water? Definitely drink a big, and I mean big, glass of water before dinner. And now listen, just because you have made it all day being good on your healthy eating plan does not mean you have a free pass when dinner rolls around. You do not have a free pass. Got it? Healthy eating is a choice and you need to make it for real. Yes, your boyfriend and his father can eat whatever they like, but they don't have to live in your body, do they? You do! So don't concern yourself with what they are eating. You need to make the decision not to open your mouth to put unhealthy food or too much food in your body. Don't open your mouth to it. When you raise that bite to your lips, refuse to open your mouth. Now that you know dinnertime is your weakness, understand that when it rolls around, it is no different than the other meals of the day, and you do not have a free pass. If you eat well, you will not be hungry. Your body might be trying to tell you that you are hungry, but then your body is overweight and isn't sending you the right cues. Use your brain. Walk away from the food. You are the one in charge. Healthy eating is a choice. Make the right choice. You're going to feel and look so much better and be so much happier when you are at a healthy weight! You can do it!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #13  

Thank you Jacqui.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Hi Breanna!

I also had my gallbladder removed due to morbid obesity and I'm also a calorie counter

If you want to PM me sometime just to chat or vent, pls feel free to do so!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Reach inside yourself and find that motivation, it's there we all have it but we hide it away. Why we do it is different for each of us.

Definitely start logging your food in. It will open you eyes about how much you are eating. Also, keep track of what time you eat and how hungry you are. Like- not hungry, hungry, famished, etc. You may need to tweak how you spend your calories through the day until you find what works for you.

You CAN do this!

Best of luck to you.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote