Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 11:43 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #225

WELCOME !!!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:09 AM   #2  

Sorry friends. I took the time to write... but somehow lost the entire post. I even had a funny story on it.
Now I am out of time. Maybe it will show up somewhere. LOL
Old 10-09-2002, 04:24 AM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Talking A special welcome to Mij

It seems like I was just here a couple of hours ago, so this will not be a lengthy post, but I did want to welcome Mij. You have stumbled across....in my humble opionion, one of the best little groups on the internet. We share our victories as well as defeats, our triumphs as well as tribulation, our support, our stories, our love and our hearts. I don't know what I would do without this group of amazing individuals. We are all very differerent and unique, yet we are all tied together by the same thing. We are all unhappy with our bodies and want to change them. We have all tried numerous times and we are ready to try again........thus the name, 300+ And Ready To Try Again. You don't have to weigh over 300 lbs to post here. Many of us do not. The most important thing I can tell you is that we all support each other here unconditionally......we are soul sisters and cyber family to the extreme. Can you almost hear the hug coming? Well, here it is! Anyways, welcome to our little corner of the world, so nice to have you here. And don't worry about me inflicting dietary torture or punishment on my body. That's what I have been doing by allowing myself to be so overweight for so long. Now is the time to love my body and treat it well before it's too late. Once again.....welcome. Can't wait for your to share some of those lovely veggie recipes with us!

Love to everyone else and I'll see you tomorrow.

Last edited by QueenB; 10-09-2002 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:36 AM   #4  

Thumbs up

Hello everyone!

I am so upset this morning. I went in the gym worked out and weighed myself and the damn scale had not changed. I still weigh 244. I have been working out hard 4 days a week, I cut out alcohol and soda, even tea. I have only been drinking 80 ounces of water a day or more. I am so disgusted. I shouldn't have weighed myself, but I feel so much better, my skin looks much healthier and most of my clothes fit me better. I just hate those damn scales because if you dont see something positive it saps your resolve.

But I am not giving up. I have read a lot of books and Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer said not be fooled by the scale if it doesn't show you something positive. Muscle weighs more than fat and if you feel better and your clothes fit better you may have lost fat and gained muscle. I know I look smaller to myself in the mirror, but I am still pissed. I know I am taking in fewer calories, for me just by cutting out the soda and alcohol that is a savings of 500-1000 calories a day!!!

Everyone just keep me in your prayers I will get through this if its the last thing I do. I am not giving up! I am just sad today.

Have a good day.
Old 10-09-2002, 10:21 AM   #5  

Good morning my fellow fight fighters.
I see we have another newbie. WELCOME !!!!
I think my other welcome to all the other newbies got deleted in the post I lost .... so WELCOME to all of you.

I wanted to pop in and say why I vote to stay at 30 posts per thread.
I know we can all adjust our own computers but if we adjust them to 40 but start a new thread at 30 that is counter productive.
I choose 30 for three main reasons.

1st.... not every one knows how to adjust their individual computer even though we shared instructions. Newcomers to come won't know until we tell them again. I already fear they miss extra pages because the board switches pages after 14.

2nd... with all the new smilies, and now we have gifs, jpeg, etc back, we have more pictures to download. I happen to have an old computer and it takes me longer to download than those with fast computer and fast servers. Surely I am not the only one with a slow computer.

3rd..... not only is my computer old.... so am I. We have been doing 30 posts per thread for 2 years... and old habits are hard to break. LOL

On an average... 225 threads.... at 30 posts per thread.... equals 6,750 posts. BUT... even though I don't like change.... I will do whatever we all decide.

Well... I am walking out the door for Missouri in a few minutes. Just going for the day. I babysit Thursday and Friday I prepare meals for my husband because Saturday I am headed for Dallas to see the play "The Lion King". I will be gone until Tuesday. I am taking 4 days off and spending it with my oldest daughter. I am really looking forward to it. I sure hope my parents health hold up until I get back. I am a little worried about that.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

MY POST DISAPPEARED! (And it was a nice long one too. OH WELL, I've used up my free time and have to get back to work.. I'll try to recreate it later.

see ya!
Old 10-09-2002, 01:51 PM   #7  

Talking Weigh-In Wednesday!

Welcome Mij! Not to be repetitive but... you've just found the most wonderful group of supportive ladies on the whole wide web! My advice to all newbies is to come on here and post daily. It's almost like journalling (but more fun)! It keeps you motivated and accountable and I believe it has made ALL the difference in my weight loss!

Baylee... Glad to hear that you're down a pound or two! Down is the way to go! See?! You're proof that a couple of bad days doesn't ruin everything so long as you pick yourself up and have the strength to re-commit! I completely believe in your ability to stick with this!

Tontoy... Yikes! I know how you feel! Even though LOGICALLY we KNOW that muscle weighs more than fat, it's still discouraging to see that reflected in the scales! I guess it's one of those psychological barriers that we ALL need to overcome! If we're doing all the right things for our bodies, the scale becomes less important. (This coming from a scaleoholic!) In the end, muscle burns more calories and you'll lose wieght even faster though... so stick with it!

J-Ann... Boo! to losing your post! I HATE that sinking feeling! Hope you come back shortly and make a great big post!

Shells... Where have you disappeared to recently? We miss you! Come back right now!

Hi to all my other lovelies: MICHELLE, Thin, Duckie, Kat, Lucky, 2Cute, Tina, Ms. Chris, Mary, Malia (in Europe!), Rochemist, Steph, and all you others who's names escape me at the moment!

Well, I'm happy. I'm down 4 pounds since last Wednesday for a grand total of 78 pounds lost! That makes my weight 192 pounds currently! Woohoo! Right now, I'm focusing on little goals like:

Reaching my 2/3rds weight loss goal in two more pounds. That will be 80 down, 40 to go.

The possibility of being in the 180's next week. That will also make my "remaining pounds to lose" be in the 30's instead of the 40's.

Fitting comfortably into all size 14s. I tried on some stretchy jeans that were 14 last week and they fit wonderfully... except they were slightly too short! My 16s are definitely getting too roomy!

Being in the 180s for when my parents visit in a couple of weeks. They haven't seen me since I weighed 242 (which was 28 pounds down)!

AND... a slightly bigger "mini-goal" which I will reach in 22 more pounds is 100 pounds lost!

I think I've definitely rambled on long enough! Be back in a bit!
Sara
270/192/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 10-09-2002 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:16 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Default Not Wisconsin...

Weigh in Wednesday...
I lost 6 pounds!!

I'm going to cartwheel over to the Weight Watchers site to record my loss...I'll be back!!

Old 10-09-2002, 02:53 PM   #9  

Default Yeah,

Aren't we just a bunch of loser's, Way to go girl's on all your hard work, doesn't it make you feel good when you jump on the scale and you have a loss, and then you get to come back here and brag about it. I know I get so excited and can't wait to tell you guys, when I have a loss.
Doing good so far this week, have done my WATP one mile walk 4 nights in a row. Will check the scale tomorrow just to see if I'm on track. Official weigh in is on Monday.

Not much else new in my little part of the world, check in later.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:19 PM   #10  

Sarah that is great how did you do it. Have you been on WW the whole time and how many calories are you taking in a day. I will get there, but you help me stay encouraged.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:12 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Default I'm back!

Hi all!

I just got back from dinner w/hubby...we went to Perkins, just the two of us! I had a big dinner and still managed to come up 3 points under! Wow! I'm not used to being this compliant, diet-wise, not in a l*o*n*g time...and it feels real good! When it came time for dessert, he looked at me, like..."Well?" I debated, because it IS weigh-in day, and I have a whole 'nother week to work off the slice of Heath bar pie that caught my eye..."Nah, just the check please!" MAJOR VICTORY! Especially for one on the throes of PMS!!!

I did my workout this afternoon at Curves, then scampered off to Sports Authority, where they are having a "Buy One/Get One 1/2 Off Sale on sneakers. I picked up a pair of Nike walking shoes and apair of New Balance cross trainers. I also got a gel seat so that I can take some Spinning classes at the gym. (Tough on the hiney, despite all my natural padding!) I also got two 3 packs of
socks...all for $86.00!! A friend of my daughters was working there and gave me her employee discount...CHA-CHING!$!

2cute... You are going to LOVE the Lion King! What a fantastic, amazing show. I wasn't sure what to expect when we saw it...having seen the movie so many times when my son was a wee laddy...I thought it would just be some goofy remake of that...Boy was I wrong! It is fabulous...the music is great...I could go on and on. I'd love to see it again. Have fun!

Sara... Awesome, girl! I told you, you are my mentor! You have a significant loss each week...I hope I can do as well...no, make that, I WILL DO THAT WELL! but I won't stress about it if I don't! I'm in this for the LONG HAUL BABY, no matter what the scale says!

Tontoy... And speaking of that, young lady...you said it yourself...you're seeing the changes in your clothes and your skin...you have made great changes...DO NOT BE DISGUSTED WITH YOURSELF!! You are doing everything you should be doing. Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back, you deserve it!!!

Baylee... Bonus loss!! That really helps the motivation, esp when you felt like it wan't gonna happen! Come on, girl...keep it up!

Oh boy...they're all yelling at me to go to bed!!! Like I'm cranky or something when they have to wake me up! sheesh...Well, I'd better go, 10:30 will be here before I know it...

Have a great night, gang...get some zzzs for me...
Old 10-09-2002, 09:31 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

HI chickies
NO I haven't died are fled the country

I have been busy at the library
First let me welcome all the newbies
next someone ask about son and job NO he has not been called yet. He did pass his tests so now he has to wait.

Dh and I leave Fri morning to drive to Little Rock to a genealogy seminar. Maybe it will do us good to be alone a few days.

Food is soso I am hanging in at 195 still.

well ladies I better close and get some rest I aam off till Monday. How will they ever get by at the library with out me
Old 10-09-2002, 10:26 PM   #13  

Good evening all. I was going to go to bed early tonight... but my DH made me mad so here I am instead.

Kat... CONGRATULATIONS on your 6lbs !!!!! That is super!!!!
I can't wait to see "The Lion King" .... I have heard wonderful things about it. Years ago "The Today Show" had some mini examples of it. I not only am looking forward to it... but there is this Chinese Restaurant my daughter is taking me to that is suppose to be WONDERFUL too. People wait 2-3 hours to eat there. PLUS... my oldest daughter and I are very close and I love spending time with her. AND... OU and Texas play football Saturday. Now if OU can just WIN it will be a PERFECT weekend. LOL

Everyone is doing soooooooooooo well. Congratualtions to everyone. I am sooooo proud of all of you. Keep up the good work. If you keep it up... your weight will definitely go down.

I am babysitting in the morning so I am going to list my Thankful Thursday tonight.
I am thankful for my beautiful grandkids.
I am thankful that even though my dh can be a butt hole sometimes... he can also be a wonderful husband.
I am thankful for all of your successes.
I am thankful for what health I do have... it could always be worse
I am thankful for cell phones.
I am thankful for computers. (that means all of you)

Have a wonder evening and a better tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:30 PM   #14  

Smile Hello Chicklets!

Ah guys... thanks so much for all the congrats on my weight loss! It really helps me to be accountable to you chickies! Funny... as a feminist, I used to HATE the word "chick" and now I love it! Hmm... I used to hate the words "FAT CHICK" even more. NOW, they make me think of this WONDERFUL site and all you guys and all my success! I like the way the three sisters (the original fat chicks) turned all the negativity surrounding the words "fat chick" into something amazing and positive!

Kat... WOW! 6 pounds is ROCKIN'! Congratulations! I was SO happy for you when I read your post! Those pounds are well earned; you've been doing exactly what you should be doing (exercising, eating well) for your body! Good for you for passing up that dessert too! My hubby tells people that I have an "iron will" when it comes to sticking with my diet and I draw strength from that! I HAVE AN IRON WILL. I WILL NOT EAT THAT. Sounds like you're developing an iron will of your own!

Tontoy... Okay, everyone else on this thread who has read about what my diet consists of can skip this part! This is for Tontoy's eyes only! Actually, I'm not on Weight Watchers; I'm doing my own plan. I have stole a couple of recipes and fast food info from WW though! Right now, I'm actually only eating 1000-1200 calories a day! (No negative comments about this from the peanut gallery!) To be brief, I eat low-cal, low-fat, and low-carb. I fill up on veggies and fruit and only eat lean meat and fish and have one or two low-fat yogurts a day. I don't drink anything except for water. I ate a bit more originally, when I was 270 pounds, because the body needs more sustanance at that weight! That's about it! I feel good physically and mentally and it's working! Yeah!

Michelle... Oh! I'm getting worried! WHERE ARE YOU?!

2Cute... Husbands can be TRYING, can't they? Hope you guys got everything patched up okay! Sounds like things are shaping up for an awesome weekend for you!

TTFN
Sara
Old 10-10-2002, 04:10 AM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

I only have time for a real quick post because I have been on the computer for awhile here at work and my co-worker keeps giving me the evil eye. I am happy to report I am still OP and have been for 3 days straight! I have had a fight with my mom today, a fight with my dh today, a fight with my son today, a fight with MYSELF and I have still stayed OP....not too shabby, huh? 2cute, just wanted to say that 30 posts per page is fine with me if that is what you want sweetie. I have changed mine over to 40, but that is only because I hate going over to that 2nd page even if we've only had 32 posts. That's quite lazy of me, I know. I also have to say to Kat, I am so proud of you. You are officially my hero this week!

Hello to all of my other buddies and I'm sorry for the short post, I should have came here first instead of looking up some other stuff. (the evil eye has now went to deep sighs) I think she is wondering if I will ever get the clue. Oh well, I just had to say hello and give you guys a quick .

Oh, I almost forgot.......I will be leaving Saturday morning at 7:00am to go to the race Sunday in Charlotte and will not be back till late Sunday night so if I'm not here.....(which of course I won't be) you know why. I need you to keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me that I will resist all tempation. I went to Wally World tonight to be prepared. I have 35 calorie bread, lean ham, ff cheese, lite mayo, ff pringles and some rice crispy treats to take with me and I will be bringing my JOURNAL!

Ok, I really have to go now.........(drags herself from the keyboard) I love you guys.

OH ONE MORE THING: Michelle! Where are you? Come out and play!

Last edited by QueenB; 10-10-2002 at 04:12 AM.
Closed Thread