Old 04-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey Folks!!

I got a new computer at work and guess what? I can get here now!!

How on earth is everybody????
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

Kathy! What a wonderful surprise!!!! How are you? It's been wayyyyyy too long since we heard from you. I hope you're doing well. I think of you every time I see a culinary school commercial on TV.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #3  

I'm done with that now, thank goodness! Of course, I have to keep my job because with the economy the way it is now, I can't take a 75% pay cut!! Actually, I don't guess anyone could do that no matter what was going on! I learned tons of valuable information and techniques, and I'm sure I'll be able to use it someday. For now though, I'm still in military training.

Weight is up a little due to taking a lot of new medicines for one reason or another, so am currently stalled because of prednisone. At least I'm not currently gaining though. Well, having said that, I guess I'd better change my ticker to make sure it's accurate!

Judd and the kids are all doing fine. We still have five dogs and a cat, so that makes life interesting.

Sandra, we haven't gotten out to the gun range (aka archery range) yet this year because Judd has been traveling a lot but we plan on getting there soon. I need some "upper body exercise"! LOL!

Oh, and my brother is currently in the production of AIDA that's at Cleburne's Plaza Theatre. Coming back home from Cleburne the other day, I passed by that RV Ranch and thought of you! It is soooo nice there.

More later ...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Kath....welcome back! It's always good to hear from you.

Good luck catching up. Looking forward to having you hang out again.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kathy:

So, you were in mine, DH's, and Sandra's old home town. How 'bout that.

Well, I'm counting the days to retirement and that's about all that matters. We've been working on the house to get it ready for the market, and that is too much work.

Both of our doggies have died in the last two years...Anna in Sept, '08 and Jake this past Feb. We miss them both very much, and DH actually pines for Jakie.

My weight just won't budge, but I'm eating good food and getting moderate exercise. If I'd beef up the moving around, I'd lose more, no doubt about it.

Glad to see you back and sorry to hear you're on meds...but, I hope they help.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #6  

Yes, I go to Cleburne pretty regularly. It's just a hop from Mansfield anyway. My parents moved from Tyler to Cleburne last year but then earlier this year they moved to Burleson because it's closer to my brother (in Alvarado) and me. Brother and SIL both work in Burleson so they see the parents more than I do.

I'm sorry to hear about your pups. That is absolutely one of the most horrible things to go thru and I really am dreading losing my Jimmy someday. He's my baby boy.

Where will you go after retirement? Back here?????
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes, we're moving to Denton. We don't have exact plans because we'll be selling the house here, and who knows how long that will take. But, my plan is to not have another winter in the north!

I have family in Denton and DH's kids and grandkids are nearby.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #8  

My baby DD lives in Denton and loves it there, of course. And Judd graduated from UNT so it's a familiar stomping ground for us as well. I'm sure your family will be glad to have you back, and you'll be glad to enjoy some relaxing retirement days. Fortunately, I-35 is a straight shot down to Sandra!!!