Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default What is the biggest temptation you cook that you can not eat?

Just wondering what is the one thing you cook for the rest of your family that you know is off limits to you? I have a family of all boys so they will not be satisfied with baked chicken and broccoli every night. Tonight I am cooking chicken strips and rice for them. I am baking my chicken with other vegetables. But boy those chicken strips sure smell good while cooking. It was all I could do not eat them.

That is one way I got all my weight. When cooking, I would start taking sample bites. By the time meal time came I had already had almost my full allowance of calories and then I would sit down and eat again
Now I make sure I am not hungry when I start cooking for everyone else.

So, does anyone else have this problem? What food drives you crazy to fix for others that you know you can not have?
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #2  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I make brownies (old family recipe). And when I make them, I make 15 trays or more. Freeze them and have them on hand..for parties, cookouts, etc.... I know how much sugar is in them so I RARELY eat them. I do sort of lick the spoon while preparing them, but I rarely eat the final product...Other than that, I don't really cook, my kids hate when I do so I am good in that department.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #3  

oatmeal cookies
surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #4  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Everyone suffers with me. If I cannot eat it I will not cook it. lol
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #5  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Gooey fudgey brownies....
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #6  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Luckily I only cook for myself right now but when I was living with my boyfriend (now ex) and I cooked each night he ate what I ate and never complained.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

I am in the same boat, I have four teenagers and they can EAT! Fortunately, if they want a really gooey dinner - homemade pizza, calzones, etc - they make it themselves. I help, up to a point, and then they finish the rest up with what they want. And I get ONE bite. Just to taste. We all know the rules.

Thankfully, now it's grilling season in Alaska, and soon it will be salmon fishing season, so my cooking will be all outdoors and fish! Burgers for the kids, salmon and veggies for me.
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #8  

So many things really.I have 3 teens who love homemade meals every night.I do love to cook.I think what saves me the most is that I have not ate beef or pork for 15 years so pizza, hamburgers, steak,tacos.....I make these all for them and they smell good but I cant eat them anyway!!LOL!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

The only thing I make for my family that I don't eat is Annie's organic white shells and cheddar. I'd LOVE to but no
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

For the most part, I don't cook for my family- why should it be my responsibility to cook for my junkfood loving parents and sibling? Lol. I often am the only one who actually cooks in my house, and I just make my own portions and let them fend for themselves. After all, they won't eat what I eat, and I'm not a short-order chef. (though they sometimes expect me to be)
Anyway, I do however cook for them sometimes- mostly healthy desserts- but one bad one is this killer creamy rice pudding I make. It's made with white rice and loaded with butter and sugar, but oh so delicious.. and I've only had a single bite of it last few times I made it.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #11  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

woohoo! the good side of living alone is I Never cook anything I can't eat!!!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Full cooked breakfast, especially sausages and fried eggs. Not had either in over two years but still miss them.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #13  
rainy

I live alone and I don't cook anything I can't eat, but in the old (not so old, lol) days I put up my recipe book just to remember them and it's full of things I loved and cannot eat anymore...the rice&chestnuts soup, pasta with mackerel, potato roll with ham and cheese...but if I am loosing weight it definitely worths staying without those.

Last edited by rainy; 04-17-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #14  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Oh gosh, lots of things. Pasta. Mac n Cheese. Pizza. But the thing that just about sends me over the edge is when I buy fried chicken (I don't fry things at all). The smell of that greasy goodness just about more than I can take. I don't buy it too often, and pick a day that I feel particularly strong ....
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I dont cook anything I can't eat. I cook for my husband and 3 kids, I am pretty lucky, the healthier I make a dish, the happier they all are. My kids are the craziest about non breaded chicken strips and broiled veggies which is my favorite to. With mac and cheese, I make my own with whole grain pasta and low fat Velveeta, add a can of diced tomatoes, a lb of ground turkey and serve with a salad, whole family loves it. When we want pizza, we make it ourselves with tons of peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives. Low cal pizza sauce, cheese, turkey pepperoni and chicken or turkey Italian sausage and some bacon bits. I still mke the yummy stuff, just find better ways to make it
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote