Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #1  
NEVER been a skinny girl

S/C/G: 218/191/160

Height: 5'4"

Smile a HUGE hug in a time of shame

There are forces at work against the tiny me inside. No, really, there are. (Okay, maybe the only REAL force is me but there's no need to get technical here) First, my gym shut down for a week due to "water outage". HELLO! Do they not know that they are a part of my accountability chain? Forget the water, I'll bring my own. JUST LET ME ON THE FLIPPIN' TREADMILL!! Then, I got a stomach virus. I spent four whole days of my life flat on my back in bed. Then, my family went camping before Easter weekend while my son was on spring break. Anyone who can pass up s'mores, a hot dog made over a campfire and lowcountry boil (that's a mix of sweet corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp and blue crab for those of you who don't know) is truly my hero. And to top it all off, I COULD NOT lay off the Easter candy. Don't ask me why. I've got alot of food issues but chocolate isn't one of them. I think I wanted it because I figured I had already tossed my health plan out the window so why not have three packs of fruit snacks, a twix, some skittles and eight shortbread cookies. (But who's counting? ) Clearly, I've back tracked a bit.

When I first sat down to write this, I was wholly prepared to beat myself up a bit but then I realized, I'm not on a diet. I'm changing my life. I'm changing my eating habits. I made a vow to start being good to my body to make sure I live a long, active life...not just so I could fit into size 6 pants. (Though, admittedly, the pants are a BEAUTIFUL bonus.) The bottom line of it is that I'm not going to go the next seventy years without corn or potatoes or shortbread cookies or even twix. The difference is, I am now aware of the changes those foods take my body through and I FEEL different when I eat them. So I could have my two weeks throwing calorie counting out of the window and getting in my exercise by crabbing at the lake and, yes, eating sugar, and not feel like I've fallen off the wagon and can't get back on. The day we got back from our camping trip, I went right back to 1500 calories per day and an hour and a half workout, and, guess what? I'll be doing the same today. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day.

At first, I decided I wasn't going to weigh myself for a few days so that I didn't shock myself into tears, but I've gotten past that now. Actually, I'm a little eager to see it. Maybe knowing how two weeks of negligence can derail two months of solid progress will make the next "slip" a bit shorter.

So this is a great big to anyone who is afraid to face the scale after a few moments (or weeks ) of weakness. It's okay. Just start over again. If this is truly a LIFELONG change, you have to accept that your journey won't be without potholes. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get in my hour and a half for today.

Make today a day of no regrets, guys!!!
gaarmywife2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #2  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Nuff said!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

What a great post!!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

gaarmy, I think you about summed it up for me too...great post.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #5  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Your resolve, motivation to change and the understanding that we do slip up sometimes guarantees future success! WTG for getting right back on plan. Life happens--it's up to us to determine the results. I love your positive outlook!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #6  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

No she didn't say she would bring her own water! I'm gonna fight you! LMFAO!!! You fell off the wagon. It happens. You've found your way back and that's all that counts!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good for you!!!!

I am loving how you "handled" your so named slip up and I love how you wrote:

Quote:
The difference is, I am now aware of the changes those foods take my body through and I FEEL different when I eat them.
and
Quote:
At first, I decided I wasn't going to weigh myself for a few days so that I didn't shock myself into tears, but I've gotten past that now. Actually, I'm a little eager to see it. Maybe knowing how two weeks of negligence can derail two months of solid progress will make the next "slip" a bit shorter.
Kudos to you for your attitude and for articulating it so well here for us all to benefit.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #8  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Great post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaarmywife2007 View Post
lowcountry boil (that's a mix of sweet corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp and blue crab for those of you who don't know)
And yum, this part makes me want to get out of rainy Seattle and head back home to Charleston!
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Today I am SO THERE! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have a weigh-in tomorrow which I'm absolutely petrified of, not only did I fall off the wagon, it backed up and ran me over!! I know as as soon as I go weigh in and own up to my eating-related sins of the past easter weekend I'll be right back on that wagon, however, I just can't bring myself to get on that scale, I'm afraid!!! I will though, because I have to, and because of those exact reasons you mentioned, but that doesn't help the fear... So, how bad was it after all that?
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

wow! what a great attitude! i need some of this.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #11  
NEVER been a skinny girl

S/C/G: 218/191/160

Leeesa--
Not half as bad as I thought! I gained two and a half pounds, which ISN"T a good thing, but I was sure that after fourteen days I had done alot more damage than that! Anyway, I've gotten myself together and gotten back on track. What about your weigh in??

Last edited by gaarmywife2007; 04-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.
gaarmywife2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

You really do understand what it takes to be successful! This IS a journey - and there WILL be trials and tribulations along the way. GUARANTEED!

Yet, YOU are strong enough to continue on the path to health and fitness, and therefore you deserve a

I can't wait to read your goal story
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/143/130

Height: 5 foot nothing!

Thanks for your post - it's made my day. It's always so easy to beat ourselves up about the slips we made. Thank you : )
littlejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/142/120

Height: 5'2"

I found such joy and humor coming through in your post. You made me smile tonight. Bless You!
Blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #15  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

great post !
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote