Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Active Folks Over 50 -- #23

Hey!

-------------
Active Folks Over 50 is a place to talk about fitness and healthy eating information as it relates to weight loss and/or maintenance--and also about any work, fun, hobby, or volunteer activites you're engaged in. In other words, the active part of your life!

Just a few guidelines for this thread:

- Raves about grandkids or ranting about your kids is out of bounds.

- Lengthy discussion of your illnesses, conditions, treatments, and medical procedures in general is also out of bounds on this thread. So is whining about old age!

- Positive stories of vacations taken, volunteer work, or achievements at work or elsewhere are highly encouraged! As are recommendations for books, movies, discussions of weight related issues, etc.

Join in!
----------------------

Gee, Jude--sorry to hear that you caved in so late in the day, after having avoided those food items for so long... Maybe you got too hungry by then.

But when that happens, try not to let the rest of the evening go downhill. If you get a flat tire, do you pull off the road and slash the other three? And so it is with this weight loss business--a slip isn't an excuse for a binge.

Laurie, have you always had a hearing impairment?

Jada, it sounds like things are hanging in OK with you. I like the idea of saving money you don't spend on overeating.

I have to say, though, that I don't agree with the opinion that it's best to just give in to cravings. There is no end to that... and getting back on plan "a day or so later" is too long! That's why I like calorie-counting. No food is off limits, so I'm not forbidden to eat anything. I just have to count everything. And I know what my daily allotment is.

meowee, what can I say about your s**w situation? Good for you on the 5 pounds, though! Keep on going!

loveswalking, come on back and post again!

And now I have work to do...

Jay
Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning JAY . . . and everybody else . . .
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody!!!

Jude: Regarding April Accountability: Ladyinweighting explains the thread at the beginning of the thread. Basically, it's posting once, and then editing each day on your progress. Everybody seems to have their own style.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #4  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Good Morning all.
Jay my problem is not helped by my hours. I work 1-9pm so I eat lunch around 3pm and dinner around 630pm. As I recall that day I had a pretty good dinner. So was not hungry. Just too much temptation. Yesterday was a bit better. I have to balance out my food plan to find some room for snacks. I will take a snack today. Something healthy.
I am on my way out the door to the gym. Be back later....Jude
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #5  
Day at a Time

Ok did my fitday and have added 2 snacks to take. Calories for the day are 1600. So that is good. See how that works for me. Gotta love that fitday.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I do I do! I love FitDay!

Jay
Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Hi all, hope you had a good day and not to many "jokes". There are blessings to April 1st falling during spring break most years!
It was a non-eventful day here. I am enjoying walking to work this week - it is nice to mix things up a bit. With everyone gone, it is unlikely that I will need my car during the day. I sure wish it was warmer though - I caught snowflakes with my tongue walking home tonight

My MIL stopped over while I was at work - dropped off a birthday card for DS2 - I'm glad I cleaned last weekend!!!

Grilled vegetables and Morningstar Farms Chicken strips for dinner tonight. I needed extra veggies today. The house still smells wonderful!

Gotta fly - time for Wii Sports I'm getting better left handed - I even bowled a 256 last night
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

I did well today. A lot of people were out walking and being friendly. I walked a bit with a woman who was walking while pushing a carriage with two young sons. I found out I'm having a new grand son.
I'm glad April's Fools Day is over. I don't have much humor when it comes to practical jokes. Although I was hoping it was a joke when Jay said she didn't recommend caving in to food cravings.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi I've been trying to catch up. It's been an extremely busy week. I have my final parent conferences, Thursday. YaHoo! I hope to catch up on all the p[osting this weekend. It hasn't been a great OP week, I still have a sinus infection and I haven't exercised. I"ll get back on track this weekend. Hope spring comes soon.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Nothing exciting for me . . . lunch out and a little shopping as is usual for a Thursday. Weather is damp and dull but at least it is not snowing.

See you later . . .
Old 04-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #11  

I'm afraid life wasn't exciting here today either. Spent the day with Excel compiling data for the buildings.

My tea order from Amazon came, so I am busy trying 4 different kids of loose leaf tea

LOL - I sound more like a little old lady than an active mature woman today

I am taking tomorrow off and continuing with the de-clutter project, so I will be PLENTY active tomorrow!

DH is making roasted vegetables and rice for dinner. I LOVE it when he has the day off!

Hope you have an OP evening!

Laurie
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #12  
Day at a Time

Good afternoon.
Missed the gym this morning.
Busy at home. Planned a bit different food plan today with more food in the am and at lunch and it seems to be helping.

I am not feeling the usual crazy cravings that I do at this time of day. I am experimenting with what works and keeping it on fitday. I think I may have to lay off the dairy as that may be an allergy for me. I seem to feel better without it.

Starting on Saturday I am off for 11 days and am soooo looking forward to that. I am going to cut up some material to make a patchwork quilt. Never done one before. I have a velvet skirt that is of many colors. Belonged to a very large lady and so should make a nice throw. Will look for a bit more velvet to add to it. This is the kind of thing that helps keep me out of the food.
DD wants me to make her one. Well she wants this one but not!
Hope everyone is having a good evening. I feel good just not to be craving every chocolate in sight.
Hope I can keep this up as it will lead to some success on the scale I hope.

Laurie your teas sound wonderful.

Cheers......Jude
Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/211/150

Height: 5'1

I have enjoyed reading the posts here. I am hoping that I can keep moving forward. I really enjoy my green tea with lots of lemon.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey RayStar!

I wish I liked green tea more--

Well folks, I'm buried here. For some reason I have many tax clients who are late this year. It's their problem, not mine, but I still have to deal with extensions and such for them.

I am eating on plan and getting to the gym. I've seen way too many tax people who are obese, and tax season is the reason. High stress, long hours, no exercise, and really wrong food are the causes.

Jay
Old 04-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #15  

Raystar I like green tea with lemon too. I add a bit of stevia though - I like my tea just a bit sweet

Jay - you are so right. Although I don't do taxes, I find the same issue with IT folk. ALL of my IT co-workers are significantly overweight, and most are obese. They marvel that I have broken they cycle. Learning to balance the work and the stress has been so very important. And, amazingly, I don't get any less done by taking time to take care of myself! That was a very hard lesson for me to learn, but probably a life-saving one!

Jude - the quilt idea sounds great! I haven't made a quilt in years. I'm hoping that getting my sewing room de-cluttered in the next few months will get me back in the mood to sew again. Maybe I should go pattern browsing in the near future - that usually sparks the bug.

Another inch of snow on the ground and more coming down. I can't begin to tell you how much I loathe snow right now. Even the cat is being lazy and sleeping on the window seat instead of prowling outside.

I'm off to get working on the "exercise" room upstairs. Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

Laurie
Closed Thread