Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 4/16

Mornin' All!

Did everyone that waited til the last minute get their taxes in yesterday?!

It's gonna be gorgeous - sunny and 60 today! Yeah! I think I'm going to lock the boys outside after lunch today!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #2  

Taxes were done a long time ago- whew!

It's a cold morning here with a light dusting of SNOW! I'm so sick of the snow. However, it's going to start warming up again and we'll be in the 70's by next week.

I had an AWESOME food day yesterday and my weight is now down to 194 which is equal to the lowest weight I've been in 9 years! I lost a bunch of weight and got down to 194 in 2002 then found out I was pregnant with my last baby- which was a shock. We have to do major infertility treatments to get pg and it took us 3.5 years to get pg with the twins. We got pg with our last on a low-key fertility treatment on the first try. So I am NOT complaining that I had to turn around and gain that weight back, just a little sad I waited so long to take it off again! LOL!

Anyway, hope everyone is off to a great start this morning!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #3  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I stayed up to finish mine last night..I don't know why I procrastinated this year. I think it's supposed to be sunny and mild 60s today, but with Ohio Valley weather, you just don't know.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

My husband took care of our taxes at the end of Jan. I'm a procrastinator, luckily he usually isnt..lol

It is beautiful here in Florida, high is only 72 though, which is a little low for here. I need some 80's. I should do something fun with my son today. This weekend we are going to a Strawberry Festival, I cant wait.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Just in case any of you have a Senseo Coffeemaker, there's a recall:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09194.html

Mine is not part of it, but I wanted to pass the info along.

Binder, Congrats!! My taxes were done, returned and spent a long time ago too!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I waited till yesterday to mail in my taxes. They were done, but just needed to mail.

Now that it's getting warmer, hopefully the pounds will melt off since I've gotten my diet under control and just need some motivation to exercise. Working out indoors just isn't enough for me. I like to be out in the sunshine and warm weather after the cold winter we've had.

I no longer count calories, journal or measure every little thing. I've been doing it so long that I can now eye ball a serving and as for the rest, I just don't crave or want the junk food. So when I'm hungry I just make certain to choose some fruit or yogurt as a snack,whole grains with breakfast and lunch, veggie and protein with dinner.

BTW-I have another job interview tomorrow! It seems to be only a temp position, but with those you never know. Work hard enough and maybe something will happen! But, hey, it's income!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 04-16-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Binder! woohoo! That's wonderful. I can only dream of the 190's right now.

Ladies it has been a really rough week for me but finally this morning I got up with my motivation back. This is the point where I usually give up and end up gaining more weight but HECK NO not this time. I have already walked a lap today and will do 2 more after work to make a mile, plus I will be doing tons of errands this afternoon and running around. While survivor is on tonight I will be peddling like mad on my stationary bike. I also have logged all my food for today and yesterday.

I have some good news. They found the murderer of my FIL's cousin. He was a 22 year old crack head who stole pills and his pistol. My FIL's cousin was more like his brother. He has been so distraught that my whole family has been on a emotional rollercoaster. He was a 68 year sickly man who probably was 100 lbs soaking wet and topped off no more than 5'4". Such a shame. I still can't fathom what happened. The murderer is in custody and has confessed to several people, including his own family. Let's all pray that justice will be served.

My other good news- yesterday I took DD to have a endoscope and colonoscopy. For years she has cried with her stomach hurting. I have been through 6 doctors and every med on the market for stomach pain. I have been told it was acid reflux, too much acid, not enough acid, her diet, you name it. Finally I found a dr willing to do testing and not just guessing. She has BILE reflux. Her whole stomach is inflamed and full of little ulcers. Looks like raw hamburger meat. The meds they have been giving her were not effective against bile. So finally some answers and she is on the correct meds. We go back in two weeks to find out about the biopsies they took but otherwise the doctor said it could have been much worse and this was prob. what was wrong the whole time. She is 11 now and has cried with her stomach since birth basically. Such a shame but I am so thankfull it was something that could be fixed.

That's about it from me. Today is beautiful out a little chilly. Got to get some grocery shopping done and have to run by walmart. I will be pooped before I make it home tonight.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Binder! woohoo! That's wonderful. I can only dream of the 190's right now.

Ladies it has been a really rough week for me but finally this morning I got up with my motivation back. This is the point where I usually give up and end up gaining more weight but HECK NO not this time. I have already walked a lap today and will do 2 more after work to make a mile, plus I will be doing tons of errands this afternoon and running around. While survivor is on tonight I will be peddling like mad on my stationary bike. I also have logged all my food for today and yesterday.

I have some good news. They found the murderer of my FIL's cousin. He was a 22 year old crack head who stole pills and his pistol. My FIL's cousin was more like his brother. He has been so distraught that my whole family has been on a emotional rollercoaster. He was a 68 year sickly man who probably was 100 lbs soaking wet and topped off no more than 5'4". Such a shame. I still can't fathom what happened. The murderer is in custody and has confessed to several people, including his own family. Let's all pray that justice will be served.

My other good news- yesterday I took DD to have a endoscope and colonoscopy. For years she has cried with her stomach hurting. I have been through 6 doctors and every med on the market for stomach pain. I have been told it was acid reflux, too much acid, not enough acid, her diet, you name it. Finally I found a dr willing to do testing and not just guessing. She has BILE reflux. Her whole stomach is inflamed and full of little ulcers. Looks like raw hamburger meat. The meds they have been giving her were not effective against bile. So finally some answers and she is on the correct meds. We go back in two weeks to find out about the biopsies they took but otherwise the doctor said it could have been much worse and this was prob. what was wrong the whole time. She is 11 now and has cried with her stomach since birth basically. Such a shame but I am so thankfull it was something that could be fixed.

That's about it from me. Today is beautiful out a little chilly. Got to get some grocery shopping done and have to run by walmart. I will be pooped before I make it home tonight.
I am so sorry for you FIL loss and thankful they caught who did it. So sad.

wow, your poor daughter, what a lot to go through at such a young age. Glad you got the right diagnosis and correct meds.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Beth - sorry to hear about your FIL's cousin...sorry to hear that your family has to deal with such an ordeal! I'm glad to hear that you finally got a diagnosis for your DD...poor thing, having to deal with that!

I got my tax return last Thursday...it made for a great weekend!

I actually got up the "courage" and hopped on the scale this morning I gained 1.5lbs last week! I ate crap on the weekend...it was my own fault. However, I did get myself back to the gym last night! I was on the treadmill for 30 mins (walking/jogging) and the elliptical for 20 mins. My legs felt like jello afterwards, but I felt great!

DH and I have been playing "catch" a few times this week, so far. We'll be starting the softball season in a few weeks and I need to break in my new glove and cleats!

I'm off to see my replacement doctor this afternoon at the weight loss clinic I belong to. I have a feeling that I'll be heading back to see the dietician...after gaining 1.5lbs last week...I need another kick in the arse!

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Last edited by Wifey; 04-16-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #10  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Squeak, sorry about your loss and thank God the murderer has been found and jailed. That is so awful! Sorry about your daughter having stomach issues. I have those issues and have had them since I was a kid. I know how painful this stuff can be. I'm glad she is on the right meds and hopefully everything will be ok.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

It's going to snow here too BindersBee. Right now it's just a cold and misty, but it's supposed to turn this afternoon. Hopefully, it will wait until I get home, then I won't have to drive in it.

Squeek-I used to work for the P.D. The one thing that a lot of those thugs have in common is that they can't keep their mouth shut. Sounds like this guy was yacking to anyone. I'm glad they got him off the street.

Jenn-Crossing fingers that you do well on the interview, because YOU are the best candidate.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #12  

UGh probably writing right after coming back home after a dinner out is not the best idea, because I feel quite full and kind of guilty right now... but let me recap the day...

I started well with a nice breakfast and a good session at the gym - today I had planned cardio only, and I did 1.15hours which I thought was not much but still, it's the first week I'm regularly getting back to the gym, so I said to myself that it was enough!

Lunch was good, portion controlled and diet- friendly... and my afternoon snack was not too bad, I was quite hungry and I didn't want to arrive at dinner famished... but still, dinner was good (for the taste) but disastrous for the diet... it ended up being at a mexican restaurant, and though I started by sticking to veggies and salsa and a little taste of guacamole... the entrée (a veggie enchilada) arrived with a TON of cheese and a huge portion of beans and rice... I managed to control myself and not finish the beans ad the rice, even if they were very very good... but really, I don't want to even try calculating exactly how many calories I had! I even had a drink - a very very nice mohito - and that is sooo out of my habit, that I can barely remember the last time I had an alcoholic drink!!!
I am feeling quite stuffed right now (well, I've felt worse in the past, it is not SO bad, I have to admit.... probably the alcohol is bothering me more than the food!) and I will make myself a nice hot cup pf fennel infusion to aid my digestion before going to bed... after such a good week, my stomach must be wondering what happened!!!
Now for sure, I am going to the gym tomorrow morning....
alhrayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hi! Got a big comic convention this weekend. Hope everyone is great!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #14  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey squeak, missed your response earlier about your Grey. Very cool, grey parrots are very awesome and smart as a whip!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote