Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 07:45 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Awesome October Arms

We started out with abs in September and even though we probably let some of our ab work slide we did do SOME so that is better than none at all.

Let's try to do arm work this month, at least 2-3 times a week. The nice thing about arm work is that because the muscles are smaller you are more likely to see results faster than larger muscles. Hopefully if we can keep up with it by the end of the month we'll see some nice toned arms.

I have some hand weights that I can use but if you don't have weights you can always use big cans of food or juice or jugs of water. If anyone needs some examples of arm strength training I could e-mail them some pictures out of a weight training book I have. Just let me know.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:49 AM   #2  

Am in. I HATE my arms. Am in. I NEED to tone these bad boys up. They are uhm...in very bad shape. I am bringing my hand weights to the office.

Old 10-01-2002, 12:04 PM   #3  

Count me in too, but I'm not giving up on my Sensational September Abs yet!! I'm just going to add the arm exercises to the abs that I already do!
Old 10-01-2002, 04:47 PM   #4  

I'm in I totally blew it at the ab thing towards the end but I am determined to do the arms. Strength training is part of my exercise goal for the challenge (3x per week) & working the arms & shoulders is a big part of that for me. I'm hoping that by next summer I will be thin enough to feel comfortable wearing sleeveless tops & tank tops, so having fabulous arms to go with it would icing on the cake
Old 10-02-2002, 08:59 PM   #5  
Jen

Yeah I blew the ab thing at the end too, September was a crazy month for me. I think October is going to be a lot better.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:26 PM   #6  
gbo

How funny you should bring this up. You could hide a motorcyle in these arms and so......I have just gotten out my hand weights to help this and saw this so I am totally in!!!!!!
Pam
Old 10-09-2002, 11:00 AM   #7  
Jen

Finally just did an arm workout, took 9 days into this month to do it but here I am!!
Old 10-09-2002, 01:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Why not? I started Lifting weights just this week. Arms is part of it, so, I'm in . The plan, 3x a week along with the abs, glutes and whatever else in that book I have .
Old 10-09-2002, 01:49 PM   #9  
Jen

What book do you have? I have 'Weight Training for Dummies' I really like it, simple and easy to follow.
Old 10-09-2002, 02:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Some of us are doing a Kathy Smith thing,

The book is called "Lifting Weights to Lose Weight". By Kathy Smith, of course. It's a 12 week program. It shows you how to do the exercises and what machines to use at the gym (if you go) to use the same muscle groups. There's also a food section, which I have choosen to ignore .
Basically it's streaching 6x a week, weight lifting 2-3x a week and Cardio 30 mins 3x a week. You chose what type of cardio you want to do. For now I'm walking 2 miles, and once I really get into a groove, I plan to do 3 miles, and then back to "Stepping". I love that big ole piece of plastic . But can only do 20 mins, before I'm ready to keel over, so I'm hoping that by the time I get used to doing the 3 miles that I will have lost enough weight and would have gain enough stamina to do at LEAST 30 mins on my stepper.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:53 PM   #11  
Jen

Bringing this back up, definately let this one slide this month.

I'm not going to do a workout tonight but I'll be lifting some weights tomorrow for sure!!
Closed Thread