General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default OH MY! She was so CUTE!!!!

Way back in 1966 when I was 12 years old and just discovering girls my father took me to a new Mexican restaurant in a neighboring town.

Now we didn't have much $$$ and my mom didn't have a car, she hadn't even learned to drive yet, my dad worked countless hours in construction in order to feed 4 kids

We didn't get out much other than our own neighborhood. Believe it or not you kids....we had only one TV and although it was color by then...there were not very many channels!

My point?....I knew there were other people out there that weren't "white" but being just a kid I had never met one. Our school was an all white school as far as I can remember...well, actually we did have a kid named Freddy Castillo...a friend of mine...looking back I think he was a Mexican but at the time I just thought he had a good tan.

Anyway, I used to look forward to going to the Mexican restaurant because #1 They have the best ever cheese enchiladas and #2 The little waitress was so K-ute....cute!! and couldn't speak a lick of English...I was in in love After all she was exotic and an older woman...probably about 18!

I got over her as I began to have girlfriends but I never got over those cheese enchiladas!

43 years later my family still goes there on special occasions. The food is still awesome but Angie and I have another favorite Mexican place just down the street from us. The place has become more of a Father's Day or Family get together place. Many of my friends became fans years ago and still go. and so do their kids...my kids still go on occasion without me...

The current job I am on is nearby....my brother in law and I decided to stop by for take-out.

That cute little waitress is still there....looking every bit of the 60+ years she is ....but then she didn't take a second look at this 55 year old dude either She does speak English now though Has for a long time actually. And believe it or not, although he sold the place to his nephew a few years ago, the owner was in there having an early dinner...then his wife walked in! She was a waitress too...they looked around 80...but still going strong!

While my bil and I waited for our order I just thought back over the many many years I have gone there with my family, wives, kids and girlfriends... and they all still go.

If you have ever checked out my profile you know I did get a PRETTY SENORITA

What about you? Do you have a favorite place that your family has gone to for many years?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-15-2009 at 09:04 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Awww, Gary, that is so sweet that you were able to find your "First Crush" . What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing. AND, I do know about your PRETTY SENORITA... she is a lucky gal to have you, Gary.

Yes, I do have a fave restaurant. Well did. It had been opened for as long as I can remember. It became my dh and my "place to go" and celebrate, certain occasions, and well just taking the kiddies with us. Back in the day we went there a lot (pre-dh) too. Sadly for one reason or another, it closed two years ago. It did re-open, but has a new owner, menu etc. But still has that ole place feel. We went there a few months back, and enjoyed celebrating a joyous occasion. Although it isn't THE restaurant it was before, I think we will continue going, as the new place is quite good.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #3  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

There's an Italian restaurant in Baton Rouge, LA that my family always goes to when we're in town (we're originally from there) called DeAngelo's. When I was a little kid, it was just a tiny place in a shopping center, but since then they've opened another location close to my old neighborhood and moved the original one to a nicer, bigger location. Although they have a lot of other great dishes, like pastas and grilled ahi tuna, the main star on the menu is their pizza. I don't normally eat pizza, but I don't even attempt to pass it up at this place because I always know the splurge will be worth it and I only go once, maybe twice per year. I have a lot of fond memories of that place... eating with my family when I was little, sometimes with the couple that lived next door that continue to be really good friends with my parents despite the fact that we moved away 11+ years ago.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #4  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

We had a favorite place, living on the Cape Ann Mass, of course it was a seafood restaraunt... The kind that you ordered at the window and waited patiently for your number to be called... A table of condiments and little plastic cups... a very comfy family place filled with weekend regulars.. and wide-eyed tourists... they were known for the huge lobsters, pails of steamers and boxes fried clams (the best !) We went there a lot in the Summer...
My fondest memories though, are of my father's cooking, he cooked every weekend... Baked beans with salt pork, franks and brown bread on Saturday and huge Sunday meals, beef steak pie, chicken pie, pork roast, spaghetti and meatballs.. he was all french so gravies and sauces were really rich...
His idol was Julia Child... LOL...
OK... GARY... now I'm starvin... and the Ceasar salad planned for supper just ain't gonna cut it...

Amazing your ole' senorita is still there...

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 04-16-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote