Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Maybe Im suppose to be fat forever

I was doing so good and then a cheeseburger tempted me and it won. I cant seem to stay with any kind of "diet". I feel disgusting right now. Its become so bad that I cant even look in the mirror because I feel so gross. Im not posting this for anyone to feel sorry for me I just have to vent to someone.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

I feel the same way!

And I avoid mirrors at all cost I hope noone secretly tapes me for what not to wear or something b/c it would be embarrassing lol
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Ladies, it's all a part of the journey! Don't be so hard on yourselves! Do you know how many of us have started and slipped up? Breanna, so you had a cheeseburger, okay, you obviously have some work to do on avoiding temptations. But you can do it! It's hard, no doubt it it absolutely hard, but pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going! What's your alternative? It's one cheeseburger; it doesn't have the power to end your healthy eating. Only you have the power to do that. You can't even gain a pound from that one cheeseburger! So think positive again and keep going! It's going to be hard. There are going to be temptations. You're going to make mistakes. We all do! So now, get back on track!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-15-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
I was doing so good and then a cheeseburger tempted me and it won. I cant seem to stay with any kind of "diet". I feel disgusting right now. Its become so bad that I cant even look in the mirror because I feel so gross. Im not posting this for anyone to feel sorry for me I just have to vent to someone.
One cheeseburger does not make you a failure. One thing that helped me immensly was to not think of this new way of eating as a "diet", unless you define it as simply your diet, meaning the foods that you eat. It really helped me to view it as forming new habits, my new way of eating for life. Not some temporary 'diet' that was to be strictly adhered to, and that I could 'go off' when I got done. That was my downfall in the past; I lost 30 pounds, got tired of watching what I ate, and decided to relax for a while. Just kind of chill and go back to my old ways because hey, I was looking pretty good.

Bad idea. It's better, for me, to just come up with a new way of eating. And my new way of eating allows for the occasional cheeseburger. Because I'm not aiming for perfection, only postive progress. That's the beauty of calorie counting; you can have whatever you want, just make sure you count the calories.

Some days I still go over. The past couple of days, I was out of town visiting my sister so I suspect I went over by more than a litte; I'm just letting those days go. They are over and done; I can't get them back and it's not productive or helpful to punish myself over it. I got home at 3 PM and I am back on plan tonight with some healthy salmon and wild rice for dinner.

All is not lost. It's not a moral judgement or an indication of your character; it's just a cheeseburger. Keep moving in a positive direction and you'll start seeing results.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Don't beat yourself up over one cheeseburger. It is hard not to slip, especially at the beginning. Maybe that's why I don't diet. How if you try clean eating instead, watching your portions and calories (if you inclined to count calories).
It will get easier with time, I promise. The important thing is not think that the whole day is lost because you had a cheeseburger at mid-day. Make sure to have a huge salad for dinner, maybe with some protein, to offset the cheeseburger.

I was at Tim Horton's at lunch time, picking up coffee for a colleague of mine and myself. I was quite hungry, I had only breakfast and small meal at roasted veggies at 11 am and at 1 pm, I could not wait to get back to the office and have my salad with meat (I had a therapeutic massage at lunch time, I was not out for lunch). Normally, I am not into cookies or donuts but it was hard to stare at the fully stocked display overflowing with all sorts of donuts, apple fritters, muffins, croissants and bagels (especially because there was a line up so I had to wait for a while). But, I reminded myself that it would take me an hour of exercise to "nullify" a muffin and that all those things are full of lard and sugar. So I purchased two coffees and left.

You can do it!!!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Didn't you just start this week? It's a little early to be giving up, don't you think?

Don't quit, think.

Why did you eat that cheeseburger, why was it so tempting? Where was your own healthy lunch?

One of my biggest discoveries in this journey:

Healthy food does not happen by accident.

It's a LOT easier to eat badly, it's a lot more work to eat well. The vending machine at work does not stock healthy hummus and cut up veggies for a snack. Gas stations sell wizened red delicious apples and brown bananas and a TON OF FOOD that is not good for you. If you want it, PLAN FOR IT and WORK FOR IT. There are fast food restaurants on every corner - where are all the restaurants where its quick and easy to get a healthy sandwich on whole grain bread with a healthy quinoa salad on the side? That particular restaurant is called my kitchen.

Last edited by Glory87; 04-15-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Was the cheeseburger good? If yes, then good. Eat light tomorrow. If it wasn't good, then don't eat one again. But, move on and don't dwell on it.

Anyway, I ate two pieces of cornbread from Boston Market today. 400 calories. IMO, it was really f-ing good and worth it! I ate a light dinner.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #8  
sugar is the devil

Breannaj1215, you just started! There is no quick fix to weight loss - as said many times... It's a lifestyle change not a diet! It takes days, weeks, months before you are "perfect" and even then you can still have days where you can indulge yourself. But the next day, you need to find the strength to go back to eating healthy. This is fine, we are human and are allowed to treat ourselves, but just in moderation (not with food, with anything). Just pick up where you left off and start again!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #9  

I had 2 cheeseburgers for supper last night.So what?They were 300 calories each.I counted them and did not go above my calorie allowence for the day.Dont tell yourself you were bad for having a cheeseburger.Just learn how to work these things into your WOE.Its possible.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

thank you ladies
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #11  

At the begining of your journey, that's a dificult stage, but don't give up, you will gain a good lose weight.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #12  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Breanna, you have arrived at the whole point of this journey... learning to keep going when you eat something you feel guilty about. This never ends, unless you're perfect. I don't know many people around here who are perfect, even the ladies over in the maintainer's forum.

Do you want a life without cheeseburgers? I certainly don't. Some people don't have a problem giving up cheeseburgers but I never will. And you don't have to either. Check out how my weight loss stats over on the left... OK I haven't made it all the way but I'm telling you from experience, one measly cheeseburger doesn't make or break anything. I hope you enjoyed it and you enjoy more of them in the future, in moderation!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #13  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Something I've learned from almost two decades of unsuccessful dieting before getting my act together and dropping over 130 pounds:

Guilt = self-sabotage

Stop feeling guilty and move on, kiddo

Last edited by Ija; 04-16-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Please don't allow yourself to be done in by a cheeseburger. I think success in weightloss should be measured in our ability to put ourselves back on track when we wander off. If I allowed myself to be consumed with guilt and defeat every time I overate or ate something that wasn't good for me, there's no doubt that I wouldn't have been nearly as successful.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and just move on.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Honestly, if you want a burger sometimes, just budget it into your daily caloric "account." You should never deprive yourself of your favorite foods, but eat them in portion size or count it as part of your overall caloric intake for the day. That way, life doesn't seem that bad and you can (shocker!) ENJOY the meal and not feel like you're cheating or something

hang in there, you're doing GREAT!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote