Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'4

Lightbulb 37lbs in 37 days.

Pretty self explanatory.
Buttt, I'll explain anyways.... So since I joined this site in January and decided to lose some serious weight I have lost 1lb. But now I'm about to seriously commit because I'm going on a beach vacation in 37 days! Woo Hoo. And I got weighted at the gym today and weighed 187lbs and it just so happens that my goal weight is 150lbs before the beach and that means I would have to lose 37lbs. So I'm about to get really serious at the gym and with sticking to my diet! I'll post often about how I'm doing and how my progress is coming.

If you wanna join along in the 37lbs in 37days challenge feel free to join me in posting here. Memorial Day weekend is in about 37 days so that would be bikini season!! Or if you have a different goal to accomplish before the pools open and such or just wanna give some advice and encouragement I would love to hear it all!

Thanks!
KLeeB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #2  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

What sort of diet will you be using?
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #3  

Hate to burst your bubble, but 37 lbs in 37 days is a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time. That is like 7 lbs a week. You are setting yourself up for failure if you think you can achieve that goal. Eat healthy, exercise and be happy if you lose 2 lbs a week.
angela105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/180

Height: 5' 6"

I would love to join you my son is getting married May 23rd 2009 and I would love to lose about 35 pounds before then but I seriously doubt that will be possible without quitting eating till then...:-) what are you planning on doing I definately need some support in this whole weight loss......last time I lost any weight was in 2004 when my ex husband left me I lost about 30 pounds in a month time but since then I have recovered from the divorce remarried and had another child sooooooo therefore the weight came back plus! Anyhow any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
pigheaven69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

That is highly unhealthy and you should probably set a more realistic goal and focus on getting healthy and toning... Not so much losing a pound a day.

I just don't think it's possible if you plan to eat at all.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry to say, but a lb a day is far from healthy or realistic. On a healthy regimen of a calorie-controlled diet and exercise, one can reasonably expect to lose 1-3 lbs a week. You shouldn't attempt to do something so drastic as 1 lb a day because trying to achieve something so extreme is setting yourself up to fail. You likely didn't gain the weight so quickly and shouldn't expect to rid of it that fast, either.
I recommend you check out some of the stickies in forums relevant to you, and adjust your goal to something better maintainable for the long-term. I know you want to get rid of the extra weight as quickly as possible, but the important thing is to do it healthily. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I really don't believe any of the seasoned members here will condone something so extreme. Good luck.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #7  
Backpedaling!!

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking... I really don't think you realize that a pound a day requires a deficit of 3500 calories every day for a month and a half... You'll end up in the hospital for exhaustion trying to burn that many calories with so little fuel.

Please reconsider, and remember that any improvement you can make between now and then will be a good thing, even if it's not as dramatic as 37 lbs.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #8  

Rapid weight loss can lead to some pretty serious health problems.Be careful.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #9  
rainy

Well, actually I am sorry to tell you but it won't work. You can loose a lb a day at the start but it slows down and you won't be able to achieve 37lbs in 37 days.
You may try of course, experience is the best knowledge, but just be advised not to be upset when you won't loose them. You know by yourself it's not about committment, and be careful not falling on the eating disorder side of things.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks for all the posts. Yes I realize that 37lbs a day was unrealistic but I was aiming big and personally sometimes a need a really big goal to see any results at all. But since this site is about losing weight the healthy way I'll change my goal to 20 pounds by memorial day weekend. I believe I saw another post started with that same challenge. So I am gonna follow that post instead of keeping up with this one since that way would probably be healthier. Although I do think I'll lose more than 20 lbs by then.

See I haven't been dieting at all and I eat a lot of large portions of the lest healthy foods all the time. So when I stick to this diet and start going to the gym at least 3 times a week I plan on seeing very big results.

As far as what diet I will be using as many of you were wondering I am just going to cut way back and eat small healthy portions. I did the special K diet years ago and lost a lot of weight on that so I am using that as a basis. I serving of cereal for breakfast and dinner with a small sandwich and fruit for lunch and healthy snacks throughout the day.

Hope to see some of you in the 20 lbs by memorial day challenge!
KLeeB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I would plan on 8-10 pounds in 37 days.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:13 AM   #12  
Backpedaling!!

Kelly315, you look great! Rock that new bod!

KLeeB23, just remember to get a balanced diet and lots of water, and I'm sure you will be pleased with the results that you see, whether it meets the numbers you have mentioned or not. Good luck to you!