Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #1  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Default ARRRRRRGGGGH!!!!!! *ok, that's better*

I am so frustrated! I have been back at WW since Week 5 and granted I had a 2 week vacation that included being in the States, staying in hotels and eating out often (and getting married ) but I am heavier NOW than I was when I restarted! I have had 3 weeks of tracking and planning, the first 2 weeks not 100%, the 3rd *totally* on program and I lost... 1.3 KG or *almost 3 lbs* ... my 4th week I was totally ON PROGRAM with the exception of Friday and Saturday as we were away for the weekend (but I made SO many choices to reflect my seriuousness), I went to weigh in and I GAINED almost 1.5 lbs back!!! IN ONE WEEKEND!

I have skipped, chocolates, candies, cakes, going out with friends, measured and weighed everything, had NOT A ONE SINGLE EASTER CANDY whatsoever, have been exercising, drinking my water, even giving up my beloved NF latte in the afternoon and I am only 1.5lbs further than I was 4 weeks ago and on top of that I am still heavier than when I started

I have made efforts to stop making excuses, to find time to exercise, to plan ahead and get up at the crack before dawn to make my food for the day.

I know I don't get enough sleep, but that's it. That's all! I eat ALL of my fruits and veggies, my good fats, get my dairy in, watch my carbs, don't use sugar, rarely drink diet sodas or otherwise, vary what I eat each day, never eat under 19 points per day (usually eat all 23 and use exercise points for the weekends to have wine)... I JUST DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!!!

I'm NOT GOING TO QUIT, but d*mn it's tempting!!!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Renee? I don't understand 'since week five'. Does that mean the same as for five weeks or the fifth week of this year? Sorry ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

since the 5th week of this year. Sorry, WW does it by week numbers. So I've been back since week 5, was up down up down, then I went on my vacation/ honeymoon, went up again and have been seriously on program since thent.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Thanks I guess I don't speak WW

How long have you been home? I gather up, what I call, travel bloat. Puffy ankles, bloated tummy. It takes a while to lose.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #5  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
use exercise points for the weekends to have wine
A lot of people find it difficult to lose weight while drinking. Perhaps you could experiment with cutting the booze out, and not replacing it with anything--regard the exercise points as just exercise, not a reason for more food.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

I'm sorry things haven't gone your way

If I'm reading correctly, there have been 4 weeks since your trip and wedding (congratulations, by the way!!) and you were only 100% on plan for 1 of those weeks, for which you were rewarded with an almost 3lb loss. The 2 weeks prior, by your own reckoning, you weren't 100% and the week following you were only 100% for 5 days, which means you weren't 100% for the week.

I think you need to get back the mindset that you had that one great week, and try sticking with it for a few weeks in a row. I bet you'll start seeing the scale move in the right direction again.

Good luck!! I'm glad you're not deciding to quit; success is hopefully just around the corner.

Also, I don't know anything about WW weigh-ins but I'm assuming you are clothed, so maybe you just had on more bulky clothes??
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #7  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 272/ticker/142

Height: 5'8

Hang in there, you can do it!

I sent you a private message.
Tryingtostayskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

The way I understand it, if you stay within your points, you will lose weight. Is that the way it goes?

So... if you're not staying within your points...

Life is just not fair!

I agree with newleaf123--you'll need to stay on program for more than a week at a time... And you WILL be rewarded!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 04-14-2009 at 06:37 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #9  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Daily committment and daily consistency = weight loss success, no matter what the plan. If you aren't consistent every single day, you won't have success. And if you want it to come off NOW, you will be disappointed if you do anything other than an extreme diet. Which won't usually work in the long run...
(Ms JayEll, points are just ways of managing calorie blocks, so to speak -- each point is roughly worth 55 calories -- so weight loss is managed by counting the number of calorie blocks or points that you get each day and the number you get each day is based on your current weight and activity levels so that you lose 1-2 lbs per week -- it is a bit more complicated than that, but that is the jist of WW)
Don't give up, just recommit to a program and give it your all. See what happens!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #10  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Glad to hear you are not ready to give up! I agree with Newleaf, you need to really try to give it your all for a few more weeks to see some results.

You CAN do it!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

congrats on getting married...You know what you have to do...so do it

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-14-2009 at 09:38 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #12  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Thanks I guess I don't speak WW

How long have you been home? I gather up, what I call, travel bloat. Puffy ankles, bloated tummy. It takes a while to lose.
thanks Susan. I've been home since the 13th of March, so I think I could be past that already. But you are right it can take a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMaiden View Post
A lot of people find it difficult to lose weight while drinking. Perhaps you could experiment with cutting the booze out, and not replacing it with anything--regard the exercise points as just exercise, not a reason for more food.
I have done that in the past, but I have to say, not having a glass or two of wine on the weekends is not sustainable for me. I do not have a problem not drinking but it's something I enjoy, so that's why I either save up a few points or use activity points. I don't have any other vices. I don't go out to eat generally. I don't even use my food or activity points for fast food, candy, chocolates, etc. Just a couple of glasses of wine in the weekend. I'm not saying it's out of the question to experiment, what I'm saying is, I have to do things which are sustainable for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
I'm sorry things haven't gone your way

If I'm reading correctly, there have been 4 weeks since your trip and wedding (congratulations, by the way!!) and you were only 100% on plan for 1 of those weeks, for which you were rewarded with an almost 3lb loss. The 2 weeks prior, by your own reckoning, you weren't 100% and the week following you were only 100% for 5 days, which means you weren't 100% for the week.

I think you need to get back the mindset that you had that one great week, and try sticking with it for a few weeks in a row. I bet you'll start seeing the scale move in the right direction again.

Good luck!! I'm glad you're not deciding to quit; success is hopefully just around the corner.

Also, I don't know anything about WW weigh-ins but I'm assuming you are clothed, so maybe you just had on more bulky clothes??
thanks. and thanks for putting it in a different perspective. I guess I just don't see how two not so great days can undo 12 great days. I was away for the weekend, so I really did my best to choose under the circumstances. So I guess that's an NSV that I need to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtostayskinny View Post
Hang in there, you can do it!

I sent you a private message.
Thanks! and got your message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post

The way I understand it, if you stay within your points, you will lose weight. Is that the way it goes?

So... if you're not staying within your points...

Life is just not fair!

I agree with newleaf123--you'll need to stay on program for more than a week at a time... And you WILL be rewarded!

Jay

You are right Jay. Thanks for the support. I'm having trouble with patience I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Daily committment and daily consistency = weight loss success, no matter what the plan. If you aren't consistent every single day, you won't have success. And if you want it to come off NOW, you will be disappointed if you do anything other than an extreme diet. Which won't usually work in the long run...
(Ms JayEll, points are just ways of managing calorie blocks, so to speak -- each point is roughly worth 55 calories -- so weight loss is managed by counting the number of calorie blocks or points that you get each day and the number you get each day is based on your current weight and activity levels so that you lose 1-2 lbs per week -- it is a bit more complicated than that, but that is the jist of WW)
Don't give up, just recommit to a program and give it your all. See what happens!
Kira

Thanks Kira. You are right of course. I am back up on the horse again today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmyway View Post
Glad to hear you are not ready to give up! I agree with Newleaf, you need to really try to give it your all for a few more weeks to see some results.

You CAN do it!
Thanks for the support. I'm going to work on my attitude and patience a bit more as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
congrats on getting married...You know what you have to do...so do it
Thanks! And you are right. I do know. I'm just frustrated and it's my own doing.

Sorry for the whinge all. Today is a new day.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Congratulations on your marriage!!!

But yes, if you want consistent results - you'll have to be consistent with your plan. There is no way around it. You can't have it both ways. It just can't occur. You can't go off plan AND expect a weight loss.

Without a doubt, one "off" day (yet alone two) can definitely derail the other 6 (or 5) "good" ones. We are trying to create a calorie deficit. We do that one day at a time. Appox. 3500 calories below what we burn will provide us with a pound of weight loss. Every time we create a 3500 calorie deficit, we lose a pound. Let's say we create a 500 calorie deficit every single day. We do that 6 days in a row - that's 3000 calories burned - or almost a pound gone. But on that 7th day, we don't create that 500 calorie deficit. There goes that should have/could have been one pound gone. Depending on how many calories we consume on that off day, we've not only wiped out our potential to lose the pound - we may created a calorie overage or surplus - and now gained weight - not lost.

It's a lot to wrap around ones brain. To stay on plan for 7 days in a row. 10 days in a row. 15 days. 25 days. Etc. But that's how it needs to be IF you want to steadily lose. There is no way around it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #14  
Changing behaviours

Default Aha!

Velveteen, I feel your pain. I've been "trying to lose weight" on and off for a year. Mostly I feel positive about it because I AM 20 lbs lighter than this time last year, but it's a long haul because there's no consistency.

So Robin's post was like a bolt of lightning. Thanks, Robin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Congratulations on your marriage!!!

But yes, if you want consistent results - you'll have to be consistent with your plan. There is no way around it. You can't have it both ways. It just can't occur. You can't go off plan AND expect a weight loss.

Without a doubt, one "off" day (yet alone two) can definitely derail the other 6 (or 5) "good" ones. We are trying to create a calorie deficit. We do that one day at a time. Appox. 3500 calories below what we burn will provide us with a pound of weight loss. Every time we create a 3500 calorie deficit, we lose a pound. Let's say we create a 500 calorie deficit every single day. We do that 6 days in a row - that's 3000 calories burned - or almost a pound gone. But on that 7th day, we don't create that 500 calorie deficit. There goes that should have/could have been one pound gone. Depending on how many calories we consume on that off day, we've not only wiped out our potential to lose the pound - we may created a calorie overage or surplus - and now gained weight - not lost.

It's a lot to wrap around ones brain. To stay on plan for 7 days in a row. 10 days in a row. 15 days. 25 days. Etc. But that's how it needs to be IF you want to steadily lose. There is no way around it.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #15  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

I KNOW all this stuff and I do apologise for the constant whinging lately.

So here's my next question - how does one stay perfectly on plan when you are not in your own controlled environment? How does one ever go out with friends or their partner for a drink or a meal out and stay POP? How do I do this, whilst staying on plan every day and not be completely miserable about it? I feel right now like I can't even go out anymore. I can't go away for the weekend (I'm going to Poland in a month - I don't know what I'm going to eat in Poland and still stay POP). I can't go out for a drink. So I can literally have 10 good days, and with ONE time going out, even though I make the best choices I can at that moment, I risk all my effort going straight out the window?

I don't see how I CAN do this then if I basically have to stop my entire life