South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Beach Happenings

Good morning!

It's doesn't look much like the beach around here today. We're getting a steady rain with temps hovering in the 40s all day, and it's foggy. I have to remind myself that April showers bring May flowers. And they also bring out the ants! I noticed some on my countertops this morning, so I wiped them down with Dawn. That usually works, but I'm going to pick up some borax today to make sure they don't come back. Yuck!

It's just a normal Tuesday here with nothing special on the agenda. What's happening in your world today?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Sorry about the critter invasion, Cottage. I didn't know that about dawn but did know about Borax.

Nothing "special" around here. I could not get a pee sample from Jazz this morning so I don't have to run it in to the vet. That clears my morning!

I'll be finishing up my laundry marathon - I washed the winter coats so Spring had better stay - and have just a bit left to do on the Delta Fair poster. The Fair is not until July but we need the poster up this weekend for the Delta Maple Syrup Festival. It'll seem strange to be away for that but I'm sure it'll still be a go! The weather is looking good.

This afternoon I'll take one of the dogs for a pet therapy visit at the nursing home and that'll be it for Tuesday. I still have 48 pansies begging to be planted but it's way too cold at night for the wee darlings. They may have to spend time in the barn when I'm away for a few days and get planted next week - poor things! The little faces really get me.

Both dogs have had breakfast and now are sleeping on the couch. A "dog's life" is supposed to be a bad thing? Guess not!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cottage - yes...I was sitting at a stoplight, and had a bunch of gnat like bugs all over my car. The bugs are back!! I didn't miss them. Haven't seen ants yet though.

Ruth - I wouldn't mind being one of your dogs...they seem very well taken care of (Read: spoiled!). I'd skip the following me around to collect pee though . (we used ladles)

Me - work all day, though I believe my schedule is spotty.

I told myself after easter that I'd try to cut back again. I've only gained 1-2 lbs, but my habits were getting bad (the late night snacks!). So, I had a clean phase I yesterday! I think it's just reteaching yourself control. I think a larger part though, is that I need to start working out again more...it just hasn't been a priority. I think there's so much stressful stuff going on, that that's not as easy! (even though I feel better)

Hope you ladies have a great day!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Ants..yuk! The borax should do the trick...then you might have to see where they are getting in and get them there. I remember my Mama putting cakes etc in a bowl of water on the counter when I was little so ants would not get them..a cake moat!

It stormed all night here and the temps really dipped...it was hot when we went to sleep last night and cold this morning. Got a lot done in the garden yesterday. We decided to move our "square foot" garden onto our patio because it was a pain to mow around. Now I have big muddy mess in the backyard where the garden was. Hopefully with this rain, the grass will take over the area soon.

Not a thing on my plate that I HAVE to do today...so the day will bring what it will and I'll just follow along! Gawd, but I love these kinds of days...they don't happen very often.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #5  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all!!! Happy Tuesday!

Cottage - Ants are no fun! I hope you find the source soon and find a way to get rid of them!

Ruth - The idea of you coloring a poster is really cute. I'm sure it turned out lovely! Where are you going? A trip sounds like fun!

Twynnb - I'm totally with you and the exercise. If I'm exercising I'm so much more inclined to eat better. I hope things slow down for you soon!

Cat - Enjoy your quiet day....you've certainly earned it!

Me - Had a fantastic dinner last night. Red Snapper baked in a creme fraiche/mustard sauce, roasted asparagus, and a lovely green salad. It was a great recipe! Tonight we're headed to one of our favorite restaurants on the beach for a happy hour with friends from Rich's writing. I'm know there will be ahi poke that I can totally enjoy without guilt, so I'll be sure to eat up on that. I don't want one night on the town to derail me.
Have a lovely day, ladies! BLESSINGS!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, it's gray and dreary here, I'm going to light some candles to cheer myself up. It's a perfect day to watch a movie or go back to bed with a book, but that is not on my to-do list unfortunately, and I was not terribly productive yesterday. At least the kids are back in school and I can get work done (if I can find my motivation). I just finished a huge breakfast of oatmeal, fresh strawberries and yogurt, sprinkled with almonds and cinnamon - it was super yummy, sinful even. Time to get back on the beach.
Can you believe I haven't done the taxes yet? I'll work on them tonight, but it may be an extension year. I'm not going to stress about it, they've already got my $$$.

hmac, did you post the recipe????
Cat, enjoy your peaceful day. How exactly do you move a garden?
I didn't know about Dawn either cottage. Sometimes I get those tiny ants in the springtime. I get Terro Ant Baits - they are very effective.
When do you leave on your trip Ruth? I've got a load of coats ready for the wash too, I am counting on winter's being over.
Me too Twynn, me too... except my gain is a bit more than 1 - 2 lbs unfortunately.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #7  

It was 7:30 before the bus got back from the Beta club convention. Since we had already missed too much of the troop meeting, Brian and I went to Gamestop and traded in his Nintendo DS and got a new Nintendo DSi. It took all of his allowance that he had saved up and not deposited but he was having a lot of fun with it last night and I had to tell him he had to eat breakfast before playing with it this morning. We still need to get it hooked up to the internet but he was having fun with the camera and sound morphing. Oh, yes, it even plays games too.

I did get a lot of weeding done since he got in late so I feel good about that. We have nothing planned for tonight. Maybe I'll edge and even mow.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Barb: Wow! I'm proud of Brian for saving up! I'm saving up for my own DSi, , so I know that took a lot of discipline on his part.

Schmoodle: Your breakfast sounds like it was delicious! I was running late this morning and had to settle for oatmeal at my desk. Good luck getting your taxes done! I know several who are in the same boat and I think they should just save themselves some frustration and get an extension, although that may make them procrastinate again!

Heather: Your dinner last night sounded delicious as well! Enjoy your night out on the town!

Cat: Aren't "nothing planned" days great?! I hope you enjoy it!

Twynn: Great job on your clean P1 day! I agree with you about working out being a priority. When I make it a priority my eating just seems to follow along.

Ruth: I'd love to live my dog's life! They're the most spoiled creatures I know!! Good luck with getting the fair poster completed. Our winter coats are at the cleaners right now. Since we've moved here our last freeze has always been Easter weekend, so I think we're safe.

Cottage: Ants! Yuck! We've been fortunate since moving and haven't had to deal with them inside the house yet. I guess it's because our climate is so dry. Good luck finding their entry point and getting rid of them!

Me: Nothing much going on today. I have tortilla soup (without the tortillas ) in the crock pot, so thank goodness dinner is taken care of. I'm feeling like I'm getting back into a reasonable routine and am being careful to allow myself some relaxation time every night. It's hard, but I think I'm finally letting go of my perfectionist attitude about the house so that I can focus on more important things.

Alright, back to work for me! I hope everyone else is having a great Tuesday!!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #9  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all i'm pretty sore today spent most of yesterday trimming brush for my grandma and its only half done...wasn't expecting so much work when i agreed.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Schmoodle..re moving the garden...
It was all in these containers so we just picked them up and moved them and left the "dirt" and spread it out....gotta get new soil now..
Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Getting ready to go to the store(s) and get healthy stuff! Just checking in! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi chickies,
Getting over Easter's feast just to do it again next Sunday but it should be much simpler because its brunch with traditional food that has been blessed in church the day before.
Yesterday I went for a walk and about 1500 feet away from me this man was walking a doggie. When the puppy saw me he wouldn't budge just sat there until I came close to him and petted him. It turns out its a 7 month old portugesewaterdog. Just lovely. I said I never wanted another dog after our 15 year old goldie passed away. Hmmm, the only one that has DH wrapped around his little finger now is dear grandson.
drinking lots of water today
Sophie
Old 04-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #13  

Don and I were planning to have lunch today. He ended up taking an elderly friend to the doctor's office so I had lunch with him, his elderly friend and another scouting friend of ours who works in the area. It was fun to relax and laugh with friends. Now back to a crazy day at work.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Managed to get healthy stuff for all, including Tom! Gotta get ready for a facial tonight and cook some dinner. I already have the Easter-candy withdrawal headache. Gonna pop some tylenol and keep being good!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #15  

Exciting news, gals! I called to get a status on my refinance and was told I've been cleared to close! The closing will be a week from tomorrow! Then I can pay Robert and he can pay me for the child support and he can get an apartment. I called Robert and he was thrilled. He agreed he will take Brian both nights this weekend (like he is supposed to) so that is settled too.
Closed Thread