Old 04-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependance Challenge ~ Week 1!

all to the WOW July 4th Challenge! This challenge is 12 weeks long (technically 11 weeks/5 days ) and will run from today 4/13 through 7/4.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

Last edited by JasonsLea; 04-13-2009 at 02:49 AM.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:25 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Lots of things going on. It's going to get crazy around here in a week or so!

I broke my scale exile for another thread and it read 261.4 which is good because that means I haven't gained since I hide the scale. Won't step on the scale again till April 30th.

With that, I'm going to make my July 4th goal -20 lbs. I think I can do it. I'm moving into a positive atmosphere and things seem to be looking up in my life (except the job....of course ).

My WEED for this challenge:

W ~ min 128 oz
E ~ 85% POP
E ~ freaking use my Bally's membership!
D ~ Depends on my mood.

Some belated personals:

Thin ~ I'm moving the 1st too!

Jeni ~ Glad you had fun on your vaca! What's the deal with the sister?

Michelle ~ Love the pics! You're so pretty!

MM ~ Mrytle Beach is beautiful. Haven't been in years.

Mindy ~ WTG girlie! WAH stands for work at home.

E32 (What is your name?) ~ Welcome back!

Nix ~ EEEWWW, you touched the fishy! Not my thing. Just too gross for me.

'Night!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey there, I'm new to this thread, but always up for a challenge

So I jsut read the 1st bit about WEED and think I will set my self up for this.

W - 1.5litres per day, not incl the sugarfree juice I drink at about 1-2l per day
E - 30ds, billy blank ab boot camp, and tbl workout
E - stop with the pizza, that is my vice, if i want it i will make my own
D - I want to do 1 task everyday instead of all on a weekend, and take some me time.

I think I have done this right =)

Now about me, I have been posting frequently here since 1st January, mainly on the G2009 threads. I am 27, live in the North East of England. I have so far lost 20lbs, and am soooo happy about that.

My SW in Jan was 206, Sayturday I weighed in at 186, so

SW 186
GW 175

11lbs is alot for me so I will have to work hard for it.

Anyway ladies, hope everyone is great and Nice to meet everyone (if i haven't already)

Last edited by Koshinogi; 04-13-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #4  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Yaaaaaaahhhhh Hoosey!

WOOT! Oh, yeah! I'm awake and raring to go this morning. We are gonna kick some SERIOUS summertime butt this challenge! July 4th is my 38th birthday and I want to get to 180's before it! I have been trying to think of a way to psych myself out for this. I have decided I am going to earn my INDEPENDENCE (12 letters = 12 WEEKS). Here's my plan to add a little more each week (this of course on top of my WEED). I will earn my letter when I hit the mark!

I= I love water (drink it all!)
N= Novice C25K(Start it again)
D= Dust off the box (open my Wii Fit finally)
E= Exercise those Abs
P= Push Up Challenge
E= Extra 30 Minutes of Workout
N= Not the squat!! (Add squats to routine)
D= Down time for the mind (schedule quiet time)
E= Extra Mile (add one)
N= Not My Style (Switch up the Workout DVD)
C= Change your mind (schedule quiet time)
E= Enter a 5k

So that is how I am going to earn my keep this challenge. I will be back for personals later! Glad to see some new faces and hopefully lots of familiar ones too!

Todays Weed
W- 90oz
E- 30 on the tread
E- 1500 or less
D- This is my moment. Right now.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #5  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm here! I didn't realize this was 12 weeks long. Perfect! Shari, I'll shoot for 20 pounds too. I weighed in this morning at 260 but that seems high, like retention after Easter eats, ham and such. I was around 256-258 all last week. Either way you and I are about the same.

Welcome Koshinogi! Glad to have you aboard! Can't wait to get to know ya!

I'm Michelle, 33, from Canton, Ohio, wife of Michael for 12 years, mom to Robert (9) and Rachel (5). I'm an RN on a med-surg floor and work 3 12-hr night shifts/week. I try to calorie count and try to eat clean; fruit/veg protein, etc. I drink tons of water so that's not usually too hard for me.

Oh and I'm hosting another Biggest Loser contest at work. Most of the contests we have everyone just peters out and doesn't finish. This one is going to be in teams of two, so we have a partner to be accountable to. Most of us are really psyched about it.

Bowling is over now... but the good news is the drinking won't be so much a temptation. lol.

Gotta scoot, can't wait to meet new friends and catch up with the old ones! Oh and we get to make new tickers!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

I'm back after disappearing last challenge. I became a lurker rather than a weeder and now it's time to get off the rumpola. My weight is up and down like a yo yo and the exercise is inconsistent at best. For all that, I can manage a 2 mile jog.

So, by the end of this challenge I will be:
1. Exercising three times per week, including walk/jog and wii fit
2. Eating OP and journalling
3. Weighing 10 pounds lighter

As always, I'm on the run. Will try to do personals later!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #7  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Hi Everyone,

May I join in on this challenge?
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Post Newbie to W.O.W

Hi ladies, I am definitely in for the challenge. About five minutes ago, I stepped on the scale and found out that I had gained 9 pounds back of the weight that I had previously lost! I'm feeling pretty awful right now, so I know this challenge will help. I have a mini-vacay coming up soon so I have to really turn up the heat! I know I can do this, so I just have to move forward from here.

Starting Weight: 172
Goal Weight: 145
Challenge Total: 27 lbs.
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #9  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Jaya- Welcome!!

Grazer- Glad you're back. Good goals.

Shari- Got your mind in the right place. Now get the body in sync. Question- If it is a work at home job why can't you do it whenever you want?

Kosh- Welcome. I think you will like it around here.

Nix- Love your little goal chart. Did that take you forever to create?

michelle- 20 pounds sounds great. A little high for me, but it would be nice. Good luck with the BL contest at work. Don't let them fizzle out girl.

I was up a bit today, but only to 189.8. Hopefully it goes back down tomorrow. I did a bit of jogging with my friend tonight. She is a beginner and I am a little ahead of her. She did great though. I feel like I need a little bit more today. We'll see.

I need to make a new goal ticker for Thindependence Day.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Whatcha all think? Pretty interesting, Huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008-2009 pics.jpg (28.9 KB, 17 views)
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Thumbs up

Mtiger you look great! Congratulations!!!!
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #12  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

FABlynne - I know exactly how you feel... I did the same thing but mine was 10 pounds.... lol....so I am back to the drawing board.... I am trying to think of something different that I can add to my routine so that I am not so bored and then give up... I want to really do it for real for me...and for my kids...

I hope everyone is having a great day.... we can do this!!!!!
Cheers~
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Hi guys. I think I have been MIA for a while. Life has been WAY CRAZY!

1. DH and I had a couple of days last weekend without the kids. It was nice. but I skipped working out the entire week because of it. Plus I over ate and drank less water.
****water is back up to snuff*****Food is more under control******** exercise will come tomorrow (my day off this week)

2. Stress at work has me doing all sorts of flips, turns, SCREAMS. The stress has my blood sugar out of control (well stress and no workouts). BUT today was better and I am off tomorrow so I can workout.

3. My weight is up but I am not sure how much. Im am days away from TOM so that isn't helping plus other TMI stuff. SO. . . . . .

My goals: LESS STRESS!!!!! MORE WORKOUTS! I love my workouts, I cant wait to get back at them. Eat better calories. I cant believe how easy it is for me to spiral out of control.

BTW, Welcome to you newbies. I am Jeni. Married with 2 kids. I work a crazy schedule: ON Fri-Mon, OFF TUES ON Wed-Thurs.OFF fri-mon, ON Tues, Off wed-thurs Then it starts over again. I work 12 hour shifts.

I am going to post my goals and such tomorrow after I have had some sleep. Right now I am so exhausted I am losing focus. POST TOMORROW!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #14  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Welcome Wagon!

Hi to all the new girls! Welcome aboard. Like I tell all the newbies (cuz I was one not too long ago) this thread is great. It is my go-to thread... you know you sign up for all these challenges, get all gung ho, and then cant keep up? Well.... stick around here, and it starts to feel like home. You can always come back (SENDING AUDDIE 'RETURN TO US' VIBES). Anywho.. you'll see what I mean.

Jcat - Here's to some slow down sanity to get back in the groove.
Welcome back Grazie! We missed ya!
Jlea - not only did I touch the fishy, I eat the fishy!!!
Mtiggie - NICE WORK SISTAH!!!!! You have to feel great about the changes, regardless of the scales games (mid cycle gain, 1/2 lb fluctuations). Super excited for you!!! BTW, my chart was about a 10 minute ordeal. I tell ya, I am pumped this round. Even forcing myself to forgo my 1 diet soda until water is down! I'M CRAZYYYYY RIGHT NOW!
Koshinogi - Didn't you get new Seven jeans I read on the G2009 thread? Well you inspired me. Our Gottschalks store is going out of business so I just picked up a size 12 for $30.... these are goal jeans for this challenge! Glad you're here!
FAB and JAY - I, too, am a recent gainer. I started the year strong, injured myself and then crapped out. I am up about 6lbs since beginning of the year, but up 10 over last 6 months... Lets shed it 1lb at a time! We can do it~
Where's HolyT, E32, Clykk, MMavis..... Don't make me go on a round up!

K girls, off to relax. Already did a 45 minute walk with BF and Derby. Had my healthy taco salad.... gonna kick it a while!

Last edited by Nixmom; 04-13-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone!

Shari, Thanks for starting the thread. My vacation was good, but we were sick the first 3 days. EWW. My sister (34) decided to run off with her boyfriend and go to school but she left her kids home with their dad. After 4 months the school told her the field she had chosen wasnt for her. but she finished the program for financial aid reasons. She is visiting now, but will be back for good in May. She will have been gone 10 months.

Mindy you really do look amazing.

Hi Koshi~i usually save all of my housework for the weekends. It would be so much easier to do it a little at a time.

Nixie, I may have to steal your idea. I will have to come up with an idea for earning letters. Really I think it is awsome!

Good Morning Michelle. I opted out of our biggest loser contest at work. It is corporate wide, but it isn't really for me (Plus I cant stand the person in charge of it she is SOOO snooty).

Grazer~I fizzled out a bit at the end of the last challenge too. Lets stick together and at least say hi everyday.

Hi Jaya good to see you!

Lynne~ I know exactly how you feel. I gained 10 pounds in 10 weeks over the holidays. But knowing was half the battle. I was able to loose it again and you will too!

Amy where are YOU???!

I hope I got to everyone.

Alright. So my last month of indiscretion hasn't been as bad as I thought. So my confession: since disneyland I have been slacking on diet, exercise, and water. So no more. I have to workout to keep my blood sugar level. I HAVE to take care of myself. Mr. Scale isn't as mad at me as I thought. I am up 3 pounds which I will take off by:

W: drinking 64-80 oz of water a day.

E: Working out on my days off. Get back to my class in the morning. Run 2 miles with each workout.

E: Healthy choices. No or low carbs at night. cut back on peanut butter. Stick to 1200-1500 calories.

D: Everyday is a new day. I need to live my life for me and my family. I need to stay healthy.

I want to be in the 130's by the end of this challenge. It will be a struggle since my body doesnt like to let go, but I am getting closer.

Gotta get Mak ready for school I will post after my workout.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote