Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #1  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Default I Bought A Dress That's Too Small....

....because they didn't have it in a bigger size and I just couldn't bear to pass it up! It was such a great deal (major sale) and it's this really adorable strapless sundress, size 12. I tried it on and it almost fit but I couldn't....quite....zip it. I'm currently a size 14 but I was a size 12 once at around 180-185 lbs. so I'm sort of making that my goal for summer - to fit into that dress!!

Even if I don't make it this summer I'm SURE I'll be there (or past it) by next summer! (Then I'll have to bring it to the tailor's and have it taken in! hehe)
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Look at your current weight! You're doing great! You'll be in that dress soon enough! When you do get into it, show us all a picture.

Razorcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I never buy things is a smaller size becuase it doesn't always look or fit as good as I thought it would. I've tried it. it just doesn't work for me.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You are doing great!

I like having some clothes waiting that a little small. It feels so great when you can get into them and is a good motivator for me. Anything that I buy too small has to either be a good bargain or be something that I can return. You say yours was a great deal!

I am sure you will be in that dress soon!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #5  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I did that with jeans back on Black Friday, it was a weird feeling! I was a 14 at the time and bought a 12 (which were way too tight) and a 10 (which looked impossibly small and I swore they would never fit over my hips). Now I'm wearing those 10s and the butt is getting baggy. It's great to have clothes waiting that I know I'm going to fit into, a year ago I would never have done that.

It'll be a great feeling when you do get to slip into that dress!
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #6  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

This thread made me smile. I'm sure everyone will look wonderful in their goal clothes. I'm rooting for you! Let me know when you get that dress on, I'll live vicariously through you until its my turn. I've always wanted to wear a summer dress.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/178.5/135

Height: 5'3

I am fitting back into my old clothes -- haven't worn them for three years now. You will get there. I never thought I'd fit back into some of these items.
Bumbleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #8  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

How funny, I just found a pic from my high school graduation, in which I was wearing a super-cute little Summer dress. It was the only time I'd ever worn such a garment. Needless to say, it's going to be a major NSV when I get down to HS weight and make myself a replication little summer dress in a pretty fabric. One of my NSV's this week was being able to button the work uniform shirts I haven't worn in over a year, just in time for when the weather gets consistently warmer in the next few weeks (they're short-sleeve cotton).

Congratulations to all on all of our collective progress, and here's to all of us fitting into our Little Summer Dresses (or whatever equivalent garment floats your boat)!
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I've done this, and what an incentive to stay on plan it is! I purchased a stunning, drop-dead gorgeous silk kimono-style dress on Ebay ( I got it for an amazingly great price considering the designer) in a size xs... I'm in a size s.. that fits great right until I try to zip it up. Every time I'm tempted to go off plan, I think of being able to wear that dress. In fact, I think I'm going to go on my exercise bike now, thinking 'kimono dress, kimono dress, kimono dress'
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/143/130

Height: 5 foot nothing!

I agree I think it's great incentive - all the very best I'm sure you'll do it : )
littlejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Yay! I did the same thing, just bought a really cute pair of dark denim capri's at Ross for $12... at size 12, I couldn't quite zip them up, and they were skin tight. (though of course the size 10's I got in another brand were baggy, crazy!) I think the capri's will fit nicely in another 8-10 pounds or so, which should be about 2 months from now, right when it gets hot! I'm looking forward to them.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #12  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Hah! Not ten minutes after I posted about little summer dresses and graduation photos (above), I went out to check the mail and there was a packet of pictures from my grandmother. The pics were duplicates of the ones she had taken at that same event, that I had never seen before. I can't believe how skinny I was!!! I taped them to the frig as incentive. LOL I've heard of women doing that, I'll be interested to see if it helps cut back on snacking.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote