View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #93
DCHound
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

So today one of my coworkers who is about 5'10" and wears a size 18/20, and who's been asking me all sorts of questions about my low-carb lifestyle and giving me a lot of compliments for the last 5-6 months, asked me how much I weigh.

She was very nice about it, and I could tell she really wanted to know my high weight and how much I've lost, not to be nosy, but because she was trying to get an idea of how much she needs to lose.

I gave her all three numbers (high weight 360, lost around 100 lbs, current weight around 260 give or take)and she almost fainted.

She thought we weighed about the same, or she weighed slightly more, because she was taller than me and we wear the same size. However I outweigh her by more than 50 lbs. She is very squishy and out-of-shape. I'm really overweight of course but I also have lots of muscle and good muscle tone. And I am big-boned, with huge hands and feet, really long arms and legs, etc.

She said she thought I weighed around 200 lbs. And you know, the more I think about it, I'm actually not that much larger right now than I was the last time I weighed 200 lbs ~ I'm maybe a size or half a size larger.

I've always been surprisingly heavy for my size (being taller helps) but wonder if it's possible to have gained 40 lbs of muscle from working out for 3 months in 2004 then again for the last 2 months ~ plus from doing more lifting overall since the last time I was this size...it seems unlikely but that's the only explanation I can come up with to be this relatively "small" at this high of a weight.

Any ideas, fellow tall gals? (Do any of y'all remember the Tall Galls shoe catalogue from the 80s? It was always an exciting day when it arrived in the mail!)