Old 04-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Holiday Weekend Chat: Friday-Sunday, 4/10-4/12

Hi All!

Thought I'd just make it a long weekend chat, as we usually do for holiday weekends!

I'm busy doing laundry today (up and down stairs putting away!) Have a good one!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #2  
Liane

S/C/G: 201/190/160

Height: 5'6"

just wanted to say hi too....that is all as I am not as positive today....see Plateau thread.
leenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys. Took the advantage of the day off today to get a little organization done in my pantry and kitchen. It was such a mess.

Going in the morning to get that new dishwasher, still haven't decided which one to get. I am torn. It shouldn't be this hard of a decision but I have never bought one before and don't want to pick out something I am not going to like later.

Tonight my sis is coming over to scrap book. We are having snacks. I am making strawberry salad and I have some baked tostitdos and some black bean and corn salsa. She is bringing angel food cake for the strawberry salad and queso dip. I am going to try to stay away from the queso depending on what kind she brings.

Ya'll have a wonderful Good Friday.

Lauren are your kids behaving today? lol it gave me a chuckle and here I thought only mine misbehaved.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #4  
LBH

Beth, Actually, I'm being lazy mom today. Peter's been in the computer room pretty much all day playing the Cars game, and watching shows and playing games on Noggin.com. Robby's been back and forth between the Cars movie, games in the computer room and playing with cars in the living room. Unfortunately it's overcast and threatening to rain all day today. Tried to get them outside earlier but they're not interested. I dunno what I'm going to do with them all next week!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies!

I got home a bit ago from my interview. I think it went well. It's a small company 10 minutes from home. Being a small company there's the ability to grow and learn new skills and not be so pigeon holed like large companies often are set up like, while I go to school.

So we'll see. But I'm off to the grocery store now for a few things then pop in Jillian Michaels DvD No More Trouble Zones. It'll be the second time that I'm doing the dvd, the last time only getting through half of it. This time I'm aiming for the whole thing! I envision being very very sore tomorrow!

Jenn
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #6  

This morning I had to decide that I was not going to the gym today again, because my legs were still ko... I would just kill them completely, not giving myself time to recover. Lesson learned in "try not to overdo it next time"!
I did some stuff on the computer, managed to stay away from too many snacks and worked in the living room again, sanding some paintings I had done on a column, a wall and then smoothing the surface on the wall where the library used to be. Applying pressure on the vibrating machine was much harder than I thought, and I fear my forearms and hands will hate me tomorrow (when more sanding is planned, actually, after I buy some new sandpaper because I used it all up). I am pretty annoyed because I skipped the gym, but basically all the cardio machines were off limits for me today, and going there to do the upper body weights... well, my arms worked more than enough at home!
Plan for the weekend include more works, and figuring out some calorie contents of the main meals we have in my house, to give me a chart to help me count my intake...
alhrayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #7  
LBH

Mornin' All!

Happy Saturday! It's here. Tball practice will be rained out again. Poor kids aren't going to have a clue how to play come Opening Day 4/25!

Jenn, Hope you get the job!

Alhrayth, you are an exercising machine!

Have a great day!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 119.4kg/119.4kg/65kg

Height: 172cm

Morning all

I am a newbie - just started my journey this weekend and I am "just" a 30-something. I thought I could jump on in - I hope you don't mind

Easter weekend is probably as good a time as any to start this journey and I am finding it ok avoiding the chocolate. This evening we are having dinner with my family so I think that will be a little indulgent and I am ok with that but I will do my best and am eating light through the day to compensate.

I hope to get to know you all better
angel2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #9  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Easter. The sun if finally shining here!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #10  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies!

Been dealing with a lot of hunger issue lately. I think its because I'm down to the end losing-wise. I fear increasing my calories too much since I still want to lose those two pounds a week.

Not much going on for me this Easter. I slept in until about 9:30ish and then watched some Gilmore girls before showering and trying to run some errands (with stores closed, only so much got done). I did pick up Pizza Hut's new "natural" pizza for myself and my parents and let me tell you, its not that impressive. I much prefer homemade or new york style pies.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote