South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fearless Friday Chick Chat

The clock says it's morning, but it's black as midnight outside. I think the rain that's been holding off all week is finally going to hit us.

Poor Schmoodle has too much going on and couldn't make it today, so I'm going to spend the morning cleaning the house, instead. Lord knows, it could use it!

Coffee's fresh and hot, come and get it!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage. Thanks for the coffee.

It looks nice here today, of course because it's the last day of the work week. I've got a lot to do because I'm heading to NY sun - Wed to visit the folks and finally meet my brother's gf and her kids. I can't wait. It's been awhile since we've had young ones in the family. My Mom is planning an Easter egg hunt, a venerable family tradition started by my grandparents when we were kids However that means lots to get done at the office today.

Since I dragged myself out of bed early I'm off to yoga. Good thing there's coffee here

Have a good day Chicks
Old 04-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Finally sunshine! yesterday we had bits and pieces but today is the real thing. Very spirit-lifting.

Cyndi and Cottage, sorry you have to work but the weekend celebrations will make up for it.

I have nothing on my plan today except "play house" and get ready for my friend's birthday lunch tomorrow. Shirleyanne and her DD are driving up from Ottawa for the day. This may be the last time I see Shirl before her hysterectomy and I'm sure we'll have fun.

No Easter Bunny stuff around here. My grand daughter is a fruit and veggie nut so I may make her an edible bouquet for Sunday when I go visit her at her other Grandma's house.

See y'all later.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #4  

Instead of Easter bunnies, we have 4 ducks! Apparently they decided that our backyard under the dwarf Alberta spruce is a dandy place to set up housekeeping. We discovered a nest with 5 eggs in it, so one day soon we'll have a family of baby ducklings. In the meantime, they're having a blast frolicking in the water on our pool cover.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

Cottage -- Ducks! How much fun! Auston would love to see them.

Cyndi -- We are going to have an Easter Egg hunt this weekend, too. We use plastic eggs to hunt. Auston and I are dying eggs today.

Ruth -- I hope you enjoy every minute of your sunshine.

Me -- I'm off work today. Yay! DH and I are taking Auston and his cousin Shepard to see Monsters vs. Aliens today. We are also making a run to Sam's Club, my favorite place!

Yesterday was beautiful, warm and sunshiny. I was waken this morning by a thunderstorm. I actually like a good thunderstorm. We're supposed to get another one this afternoon. The rest of the weekend will be nice.

My family is adjusting to my new job pretty well. The house is staying mostly clean. I'm staying on top of Mount Washmore (laundry). We're all still eating. Life is good.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...and happy Good Friday!!!

I am off all of next week and have been looking so forward to it!! Planning on trying the gym again this morning and hoping no pain in the hip. I figured I would try again when I was off just in case it goes out on me. I have so many chores planned for this week I hardly know where to begin. No idea what we are doing for Easter. Guess I'll just cook and whoever shows up eats!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage has ducks and we have loons. They are back and have started their morning and evening commute between the two lakes, flying over my house screaming at each other. I just love loons and we are lucky to have clean lakes for them. They have disappeared from many areas.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #8  

I love the call of a loon. We don't have them this far south.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #9  
sophie

Good morning,

I too love loons, Ruth. Nothing like canoeing and seeing a loon.

Cottage - I can just smell your clean home.

Chelby - Glad everyone is adjusting well to a working mom. Enjoy your day off.

femme - hope that hip doesn't hurt.

Cyndi - hope that easter egg hunt doesn't consist of chocolate easter eggs.

Me - going to the visitation today and happy because the scale moved in the right direction.
sophie
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone. DH and I slept until 9 and just finished breakfast. I've got quite a bit I want to get done today so that we can relax and truly enjoy the weekend. I'm going to do my best to get it all done and take it easy as I strained my back a bit yesterday. It's not as bad as its been in the past, but I know that one wrong move could take it that far. My big priority right now is making it through SS on Sunday. I really need to be there.

I hope everyone's having a great day! I hope to be back later!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #11  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm running late today. my neck is feeling so much better today but may still take it easy. my daughter is here and waiting to use the computer so i'll check back later
Old 04-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks, it turned out to be quite the eventful week, and I am SO glad to see Friday, although sad I didn't get my planned day off and get-together with cottage. Things at work are poppin' and I need to be close to the computer. Anyhoo, we had friends over last night and did an Easter egg hunt for the kids, then lit the grill and the firepit and had burgers and dogs and enjoyed the beautiful evening and almost-full moon. That was a nice mid-week break and did me a lot of good. I've been grinding my teeth this week and ended up with a headache, so I am concentrating on de-stressing this weekend. Pizza night tonight, I guess, and maybe the kids will stay at Grandma's overnight.

DH and I are watching closely the Maersk Alabama incident - DH was a captain with Maersk until recently, and has been through those waters many times. Last year they saw a fishing ship being chased and closed in tight until the pirates gave up and left. He will be back at sea in the fall, so I really hope this incident will serve to put some international pressure on cleaning up the area. Anyway, I really feel for Capt Phillips and family. More than two days drifting in a lifeboat with his kidnappers now, unbelievable. Fingers crossed for a peaceful outcome.

No time for personals today, but Happy Friday all, and enjoy the ducks and loons.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all. Running late here too. Still job hunting, trying to get the house clean for my friend for Easter and going to hop on Wii Fit for the first time in a month.

Taco bake tonight too! Have an awesome weekend y'all!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #14  

Schmoodle, I've been following the Maersk Alabama incident too, knowing how close to home it is for you. It brought goosebumps when I heard of Capt. Philips attempt to escape this morning. I pray for him and his family.
I'm disappointed we couldn't get together today, but I did get a lot of things done around the house, so it turned out to be for the best.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #15  

I've also been watching the Maersk Alabama drama. I have a question. Schmoodle, you probably know. Why don't these vessels have security? A couple big guns on each end of that ship would be a great deterrent.

I hurt myself today. We were at a restaurant at lunch. I held the seat of the chair to pull myself closer to the table. The seat of the chair wasn't attached to the frame. When I lifted and pulled the chair, my index finger got caught between the seat and the frame, and I sat on the seat. It broke a hole in my fingernail and bruised it badly. I cried like a fool. I hate doing stuff like that!

We took Auston to see Monsters vs. Aliens today. If you have children in your life, it's a really cute movie.
Closed Thread