Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default Is anyone doing Curves for women??

I started Curves around 6 weeks ago. I don't go as much as I should lately so I haven't noticed any results yet. What about everyone else??

Amanda
Old 10-09-2002, 12:40 PM   #2  

Hi Amanda...I am Kathy...I have been going to Curves for 3 weeks and I think I am losing inches and a few lbs too. I will know officially on Sat. I have heard that you have to go 5 days a weeks and I believe that...my body loses weight when it gets moving, and Curves really fits the bill, and I can do it for 30 minutes instead of 2 hours at thehealth club. Try to up it to 5 or 6 days a week. Mon/Wed/Fri, hit the machings hard, and the jogging inbetween lightly...Tues/Thur/Sat, hit the macines lightly and make the moving part harder so you heart reaches the 85% mark. Just keep doing it..You will see results if you do it every day..I have heard that any program needs to be done 5 or 6 days a week until you get the body you want, then you can scale it down to 3...

Are you eating low fat??? they told me that eating low fat with this program works well too. I think I eat a bit too much but will be working on it...

bye for now..

Kathy
Old 10-09-2002, 11:05 PM   #3  

I've been a member of Curves since 6/29/02. To date I've lost 19 pounds (total of 26 since 6/3) and almost 19 inches. I'm so pleased with my results.

I just worked at Curves for a week during their 'Boot Camp' and I learned soooo much.
Here's what I learned:
First, all intensity should be on the machines and not on the pads. The pads are for lively movement, allowing your body to breathe and rest. You should not try to raise your heart rate there, just keep it steady. When you raise your heart rate on the machines your body is working in an aerobic state and you don't have to work as hard to burn calories, so walking briskly may be just enough for you to get a good amount of calories burned.
You should work out at least 3x a week, giving your muscles a chance to rest on off days. On those off days you should do some other form of aerobic activity. I walk. Personally I work out 4x a week, M, T, Th, F.
Lastly, please make sure that you have the instructors show you how to effectively use the machines more than once. I personally recommend the first two or three times to ask an instructor to help you. The biggest problem is that people are taught how to use the machines one time. Then they rest their muscles for a day or two and come back and think they remember what to do, but actually they are not doing the machines correctly. When I taught in the boot camp I found out I was doing three machines wrong. Three out of 11 machines. That's pretty bad.
If you are not working out correctly on the machines you are wasting your time and possibly running the risk of injuring yourself.
One more thing, you should keep your heart rate in the 60-80% range for most effective calorie burning workouts. If you increase your heart rate too high, again, you may be wasting your time (plus, it's really hard )

Use Curves to the fullest! Enjoy slimming and trimming up!

Last edited by Maxwell; 10-09-2002 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread