Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #1  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Saying ADIOS forever to 70ish pounds - April thread!!

Hi everyone, it's a new month already!

This is a thread where we support one another in our effort to lose 70 (give or take) pounds ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Here are a few questions to get us started:

1) What's one thing you learned last month about diet and exercise?

2) What's your favorite low-cal snack?

3) What's one thing that being overweight has kept you from doing?

beachbum will be posting our weekly weight loss #'s and percentages.

Let's have a good month, everyone!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Hey there!
1) last month I learned that life will always get in the way. Sick kids, volunteer schedules, unplanned events, etc. etc. So my diet/exercise should be a constant - so when unplanned thing happen - lease I will know my own plan for diet and exercise.
2) favorite low cal snack...good question --- probably ice water.
3) being over weight has kept me from feeling good about myself...and has kept me tired.

Here's to April everyone!!!!

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 04-01-2009 at 04:10 PM.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #3  
Crazy runner

Hi 2B! Boy I understand the answer to your first question... life DOES get in the way of our best laid plans... I definitely had to figure out that this whole losing weight business had to be something that worked WITH my life, not *overtake* my life.

here are my answers:

1) Exercise is vital, and when I have a goal other than "lose weight," I'm actually more motivated to get to the gym and do it. I LOVE the way running makes me feel... never thought those words would leave my lips!

2) I love reduced fat wheat thins and a wedge of laughing cow light cheese. Great snack!

3) Being overweight has kept my confidence at bay. It's amazing at what just a few lbs and people saying "wow, you look great!" does to my self esteem and the way I feel about myself. I carry myself more confidently at work because now I'm starting to believe that I look good.

-----------------------------------------

So the past few days have been interesting. I have had two migraines in three days - the one day caused me to leave work and go home to sleep for four hours..ugh! So I'm going to take it easy and skip the exercise today. Eating has been good, down to 194.0, hoping to see 193 by the end of the week!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

1. The scale goes up and down for many reasons.. don't let it dictate your mood.

2. Bananas, strawberries, grapefruit or half a turkey sandwich with 1 slice of BodyWise Bread, lettuce, tomato, salt, pepper and mustard.

3. I have so few clothes because I hate the fat stores and the clothes they think fat people should wear.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I bought a few low fat snack items that I tried out.. I reviewed them on my blog.. the link is below.

Last edited by paperSkin; 04-02-2009 at 01:15 PM.
paperSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #5  

1. if I don't log my food intake, I will overeat. Being accountable to myself is vital.
2. pear ice, they are only 50 cals and sooo yum.
3. being overweight saps my confidence, leaves me with little self-esteem.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #6  
Crazy runner

Hi everyone! How did you do this week? Me - not so well. Down just .2 for my official weigh in. I'm trying to remind myself I had a huge loss last week so it's ok not to lose, but still bums me out! Also, I binged yesterday..hubby suggested wings for dinner and I was so hungry that I couldn't resist. No exercise. Today must be better!!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #7  

hey all,
how's everyone doing?
I did my first day of C25K today. I used the music download by DJ beatsmith to guide me. liked the music.
There were about 6 runs of 1 minute. During the 5th run I got nauseous, so I had to slow down to a walk, and I walked the next run too.
Felt ok afterwards, though I did end up with a headache.
Anyone else ever have that happen?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #8  

Love your quote dutchgirl.. as for the headache, you may need to drink more water before going for a run.. sounds like dehydration..

I've not been having the most fabulous week weight loss wise.. the scale has not budged my weigh in is on Monday so we'll see what happens..

I have to keep reminding myself that anything that I really have wanted has not come easy.. I've had to work really really hard in the past to get things that come easy to other people.. like my license for example.. I had to go for my road test FIVE times before I passed.

But on the other side.. things that other people want that I was never really aspiring to, that has come easy for me.. its strange how that works..

Keep fighting the battle!

Last edited by paperSkin; 04-03-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #9  

thanks for the advice Paper Skin, that might be it.
I really just rolled out of bed, got my gear on and went. Couple of cups of water next time.

As for the weight loss, I can go for weeks with the scale not budging, and then lose 4 lbs in a couple of days.
Just hang in there, it will start moving again.
And maybe you are noticing changes in a non-scale way, like clothing getting bigger on you?

Last edited by dutchgirl; 04-03-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi there,

I was hoping I could join in on this thread. I have exactly 70lbs to lose! I think a support thread is what I really need right now. I've lost and gained weight a few times and am now at my highest non pregnancy related weight ever. It's hard to say why or how I got to this weight now. I have a 10yo ds and 8yo twin dds. I lost a lot of weight after the girls were born and kept it off for a few years, but here I am again.

I'm also planning on doing C25K. I used to be a runner, but now can barely jog for 30sec.

So, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and giving and getting support.
Olive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #11  

Hi Olive2,

A support group can be so good to have, for an encouraging word, a or, when needed, a swift kick
Or just plain for fun.
I notice I am spending waaaaay too much time on 3FC so to me!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks for the welcome Dutchgirl. I'm actually hoping to spend a lot more time here to help motivate me to keep this up. I really need to spend more time on eating better and exercising.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm less than I thought but way more than I should be. I adjusted my stats. So, I need to lose not quite 70lbs, but close enough. I remember when it was just a mere 20, alas.

So, I'm starting the day off right. Fruit and oatmeal for breakfast. I'm aiming for an average of 1800 cal. a day and at least 30min, a day on exercise.
Olive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #13  

Weigh in for today is 194.0
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #14  
Crazy runner

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good start to the week so far!

I feel like I need a good, swift kick in the pants. Last week was not that great. Just generally feeling tired and no motivation to exercise or eat right. I am on track with the eating today and getting ready to hit the gym, but I feel like a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum and saying "I don't want to go!!!!"

Where did my motivation run off to??? Come out, come out where ever you are....!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #15  
I can do it !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperSkin View Post

3. I have so few clothes because I hate the fat stores and the clothes they think fat people should wear.
OMG - is this not the friggin truth!!!!!! Why is it that the bigger the clothes the uglier the fabric? Just today I went shopping at Macys. The skinny clothes were so trendy, the fabric so adorable - then you get over to the plus size clothes with sofa fabric prints!! UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And people WONDER why I don't want to dress up more often!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote