Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #1  
Working what I got!

S/C/G: 330/309/190

Height: 6'2

Default Kinda sad

I've had this stomach thing for all of 48 hours and it makes it hard to go workout with fear of um.. yeah, a bad, nasty accident. I've had to miss two days of working out and couldn't even eat dinner last night.

It's just that, I've come so far and to miss two days at the gym, it feels like my body is saying, "We want you fat- no working out for you!" I know, I sound crazy but I had to vent.
jboogie773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Nah, don't worry - you said you couldn't eat dinner last night and I bet you're getting rid of a lot of fluids/calories. Besides, your body is burning plenty of calories trying to heal itself. Rest up, I hope you feel better soon!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #3  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Rest and fluids so that you won't dehydrated.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #4  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

jboogie - I think I know how you are feeling. It is very frustrating thinking that you are missing out on a workout and that everything is conspiring to make you fat. When I injured myself I felt the same way. But I can tell you that you won't always feel this crappy. (No pun intended.)
And maybe just for me, what was a bright point was realizing I had never felt sad about not being able to workout. That was a first. I hope you feel better soon
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #5  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

jboogie,

Don't let your mind play games with you. Focus on getting well and take it from there, if you are stressing that is definetly not going to help. Now get out of the blue funk right now and let's focus on the POSITIVE. That's an order young man. (just kidding on that's an order part)smiles. I should have been a drill sargent. Hope I made you smile Remember there are no excerise police waiting to arrest you, once you feel better just get back on track. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Aggie

PS My daughter's nickname is jboggie and guess what, she is visiting in Chicago right now. Small world ugh?

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-08-2009 at 02:41 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213.6/138.5/132

Height: 5' 5"

Or maybe your body is saying, "Sit down, I need a break!"

I had a 5+ month long plateau, so I totally relate to that feeling like this just isn't in the cards for me. I used to say the same thing - my body wants me fat. OK I still believe that it does LOL and it would if I let it.....but.......

I just say NO!! You will too! (As soon as you can without embarrassing yourself!) Honestly, I think that sort of accident would probably be harder to deal with than not losing as much or as quickly as I'd planned!!

I know what you're saying though. I sometimes have to force myself to take days off from the gym. I hate having to do that because I feel like I'm slacking AND even just after a couple of days off, sometimes it's hard to go back - despite how much I love it!! I can't figure that out!! I love it so much that sometimes I come home and want to go back! But my knees are usually like, "UHM NO WAY!"

FWIW, rest is OK - even required - sick or not! We don't have to be all or nothing! And, for me it was that "all or nothing" thing that got me in trouble in the first place!
DaleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #7  
Working what I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsandtam View Post
jboogie - I think I know how you are feeling. It is very frustrating thinking that you are missing out on a workout and that everything is conspiring to make you fat. When I injured myself I felt the same way. But I can tell you that you won't always feel this crappy. (No pun intended.)
And maybe just for me, what was a bright point was realizing I had never felt sad about not being able to workout. That was a first. I hope you feel better soon
Tam
Wow, you know, I never thought about it that way. Yeah, I'm sad that I can't work out. That's a really good thing to dwell on because I use to dread working out and actually thanked myself when I didn't hop on that bike or lift the weights and now I'm missing it.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #8  
Working what I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
jboogie,

Don't let your mind play games with you. Focus on getting well and take it from there, if you are stressing that is definetly not going to help. Now get out of the blue funk right now and let's focus on the POSITIVE. That's an order young man. (just kidding on that's an order part)smiles. I should have been a drill sargent. Hope I made you smile Remember there are no excerise police waiting to arrest you, once you feel better just get back on track. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Aggie

PS My daughter's nickname is jboggie and guess what, she is visiting in Chicago right now. Small world ugh?
LOL! You did! Thank you! I have to remember not to be so hard on me. I guess it's just when I focus on something, I focus hard and that's the only thing I see. (It's the Taurus in me!)

And wow @ me and your daughter having the same name and being in Chicago! Lol Super cool!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #9  
ALMOST THERE!

S/C/G: 255/163/165

Height: 5'6

Feel better J!

I know the feeling of being bummed about the workout I haven't missed one yet but I thought I was last night I moped for awhile lol

As the very wise person said above. Be happy you are bummed!

Feel better!!!!
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #10  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

Height: 5'6"

get better soon!!
Athenawithheart is offline   Reply With Quote