Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 12:33 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Wink

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 03-18-2001, 12:37 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

And since I was a naughty gal and started the new thread I thought I would post the last 2 posts from #43!

Quote:
Originally posted by angel-eyes
Hi Ladies...just wanted to pop in before I go for a nice long walk...(the snow is soon to be flying again...boohoo)Its so good to read all about everyones weight loss. Over the last few months, I've seen people return after awhile and you guys are just great, open arms to all those who return....nice to have that friendship and support!! And I think thats what this forum represents....a genuine interest in helping others. I'm now down 30 lbs since last fall (20 since joining 3fc in Jan) and I can't tell you how much of a difference this site has made to me and how helpful you all have been. Thankyou! I do try to keep up reading all the posts...but I'm afraid theres not always the time to post. I guess you could say I'm a fringe- thin group member....none the less, thanks for letting me be a member of your group. Have a good day, stay on plan and be strong!!
Quote:
Originally posted by CJ
Oh gee, I will post here in just a second - as soon as I wipe the tears from my eyes ..

Angel:
Thank you so much for the kind words ... even if they are true! We do care about each and every one in this group - and you are not a "fringe" thin group member -- you are a full-fledged member! Doesn't matter whether you post a little or a lot. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well with your weight loss. I think we are all helping each other in one way or another. This is a group that sticks together .. even if some dissappear for a spell - they always come back!

Well, how did you all do for St Patty's last nite? Anyone have any green bear (ugh!) We went out to dinner with our son and daughter-in-law, granddaughter and her girlfriend ... no green beer! haha ... boy, you should have seen the lines waiting to get in the pubs tho! Geez - not this kid!

I'm very proud of myself - we went out to dinner twice this week and I stayed on program fairly well ... last nite was great, Friday nite I went over on my points because I had a Spanish Coffee (lots of liquer in that)! Whew! but, I did not drink but only 1/2 of it. Hey, I'm hoping for another 1/2 lb this week - maybe even a whole lb! hee hee

Well, I just added a couple new subjects on my webpage (CJ's place) .... one especially called "Daddy's Day" that Carolyn (regency) sent to me - thank you Carolyn! Check it out: www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplace

Oh yea - I found this really neat site you mite like to try out ... I found my daughter's birth photos from the hospital here! Really neat site .... maybe you can even find yours ... they have quite a library of photos .. the address is: http://nurseryphotos.com

Good luck!

Well, got to go. Check back later. Hope you are having a great weekend so far.

Love, CJ

OK ... see ya later tonite!
Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 03-18-2001 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:52 PM   #3  

Hello Ya'll.... Happy Sunday!

CJ,
You brat,brat & bigger brat!! LOL! I was going to post about an hour ago and saw that it was so close to #30 and didn't want to get stepped on...so I waited!!!! haha!
Thank you for the sweet letter.You are such a GREAT person! Everyone needs a friend like you! You seem to always have AND make time for others.You're a true ANGEL!
I went to your site (as I do ever so often to see what's new) and I loved the "Lucille" poem that your daughter wrote! My Mother-In-Law's name is Lucille and she's such a wonderful person.I love both my in-laws so much!! Tell your daughter that she's a smart lady like her Mom! Oh, and Madison is such a doll!! What a cutiepie!! Shouldn't there be pictures of her & you too? Enjoy every minute of her growing years...they go too fast huh?

Im not posting to everyone now because I need to leave.My brother is in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer AND my Aunt is in ANOTHER hospital with colon-cancer.Both are doing good though.

Before I sign off.... I need to brag!!! Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans that are falling off!!! I can ALMOST pull them off without unzipping them!! I'm weighing Monday morning so can't wait to see what the scales tell me!! (my Dr. said to only weigh every two weeks)

Take care and talk to ya'll later...
Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

BTW......Sharon.....I miss you so much! You always make me smile & laugh!! This" POOH" is for you girl.......
Old 03-18-2001, 07:22 PM   #4  
Mother Hen

Hello All,

WOW!!!! CJ, you were right! I went to that site and found all three of my kids baby pictures. I had forgotten how much they looked like their father's side of the family when they were born!

Hugs, Judy
Old 03-18-2001, 11:52 PM   #5  
CH

Hello Ladies, well another week-end is almost over, they go by so fast. I certainly didn't accomplish much today but after all it is a day of rest. I had the munchies bad today. I even e-mailed CJ and as ususal she came to my rescue. Just hearing someone say stay OP can help when you are alone. Thanks again CJ. You are an angel. (Which is even better than than a Queen!!)

Sher-Bear How great for you! I live for the day my jeans will fall off!!!! That has to make you proud. GREAT!! GREAT!! GREAT!!

Blunder Our children must look a lot alike. Isn't that interesting.

CJ I ended this day with 2 points left over. I can't wait for weigh-in Tues. night, I feel like I have lost. I will post as soon as I get home. Watch out Esmerelda!

Am going to close tonight because I must go to bed morning comes far to soon. Love to you all, Carolyn
Old 03-19-2001, 06:55 AM   #6  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default HEY GUYS!

Hey all you Thinsters,

I know alot of you guys have missed me and thanks for that. CJ, Gail and Sher-Bear especially. I missed you guys too and everyone else as well. I got up early today, at like 5 AM, just couldn't sleep for some reason. So I thought I would do something productive and post with my wonderful group of Thinsters.

I have been working my butt off lately. Pulled a couple of 12 hour shifts at H & R Block cause one of the girls was not able to come in for a couple of days last week. Since I worked the day shift those days I just decided to stay so that the preparers would not have to answer the phones while they did our clients tax returns. We get really busy somedays with the people that either owe something or the more complicated taxes returns, businesses ect, people finally got around to rounding up all their receipts to claim their expenses so a receptionist is needed at this time of the year for sure. I am working today another 12 hour day to cover another receptionist who can't come in.

Well when I went to my WW meeting last Monday I had a loss of .6 so just over a half a pound and at least I am going in the right direction now. So I will take that loss, however small. Now I have not only my 6 lbs off I put on when I went to Michigan during the trial but also another .6 loss as well. But when I go today (I am gonna go get weighed at my WW center and take off from work for a bit), anyways I don't think I lost at all. In fact the scale is not down but up I think. Well I had been trying all week, but we had our H & R Block banquet at the Holiday Inn and I tried to make good choices for all they had and what a spread they did have, but I did give in to 2 Amaratto Sours don't usually have more than a glass of wine now and than, but just wanted to try one and it was so good I said "Let's have another" or did I say "If one is good two is better" ? LOL , But I guess with things like that and probally not exercising as much as I usually do, cause of my being at work alot may do me in this week. Oh well I won't fret whatever happens but will try this week as well. Ken left for Alaska for a week for work, he has to check out a Cummins diesel engine that is giving a dealership some problems. So I am will work on getting to the gym more this week and everything else. I know that my attitude is an important part of my progress so I will take whatever the scale gives me.

Last weekend Ken took me to Indianapolis for an Ansel Adams exibit. Have any of you heard of him? He is a very famous photographer and his name is synonymous with photography. His images of magnificent American landscapes have appeared on calendars, books and posters, making him one of the most recognizable photographers in the world. I have one of his calendars and just love it, he always did his photography is black and white and since he died 10 years ago at 82 years old, some of the photo's he took were taken in like from the 1920's on. We really enjoyed so much looking at all his beautiful photos at the museam in Indy. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

It is great that we have so many wonderful people back like Kerri, Kelster, Joanna, Dreamer and Ginabob too. If I haven't said it before welcome back everyone. You were missed believe me. It is so great when we all keep on coming back here, like coming home I feel. I know I too haven't posted in a couple of weeks but I have been reading each and every post and checking on how my friends are doing. I always come back cause this group is sooooo important to me.

I am gonna do another post to address everyone cause otherwise this will be so long and might not even let me post. So see you in a minute guys. Hey this one one is new, an angel! I like that one! Hey angel-eyes did you see that one?

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 03-19-2001, 08:06 AM   #7  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default IT"S ME AGAIN GUYS!

Ok here I am back again now as promised.

angel-eyes: Hey way to go on those 30 lbs gone. You are doing so great on your program and it shows I'll bet in your clothes that are probally hanging on you by now. Aw gee, thanks for saying all those nice things about our group. WE ALL LOVE YOU TOO, and I for one am glad you have decided to join up with us Thinsters. I know this group and the whole Fat Chick forum really helps me too. Congrats on going down to an XL for your cute little t-shirts. How well I know that feeling of finally getting out of the 1 and 2 X that I too used to wear. It is really neat the selection is so much better for you too. I'll bet you are "Walking On Sunshine" I would be too!

Gail: I forgot to "BRAT" you my friend for starting the last thread. How the heck did you beat our little QUEEN CJ anyways to the punch? Oh ya, I read that she was at bingo, still good for you that you started one. Good job too! Don't worry Gail, you will get back on plan I just know it. Just take baby steps like I do when I have to get back on track. I emailed you what I do to get back on track. I just do my best and start with the food, trying to eat right, meanwhile drinking some of my water, than I add more water and finally I get back to my exercise program last. It takes awhile to get back to 100 %, and as you can see this week I am not EVEN there. Not with those 2 Amaratto Sours I had. LOL You will get there, we will all help you. Just keep on coming here and I will too to get lots and lots of motivation.

CJ:Gee you are doing so very well on your program. ONLY HALF OF YOUR SPANISH COFFEE? Wow wish I could have done that with my drinks. LOL But hey good for you! I know you will have a great weight loss this week cause of your committment too. Hope you got my email back to you. I know you were worried cause I hadn't posted but hey I am alive and well and will always come back to the fold. That is a promise! I also checked your Daddy's Day site out and it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it with us CJ and Carolyn as well. Happy Anniversary and hope it is a good one.

Sherry:Hey Sher, first of all thanks so much for the "POOH" just for me. I just loved it, when my kids were little he was really a favorite of mine and theirs too. We had Pooh everything including the stuffed Pooh bear that they all loved. Thanks so much for bringing back such beautiful memories of when my kids were little. This is for you!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SHERRY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Anyways you are doing so good with your program. So those jeans are falling off on you? Well that is just great. Just "walk on out of those" and go to the store and get another smaller size pair. So sorry about your Brother and your Aunt being in the hospital. Hope things go well for them, keep us posted on them. What a good sister and niece you are so caring like I know you always are. Can you also send me that report on aspartame too? My addy is [email protected]. Thanks so much girl, I owe you one.

Carolyn(CH):You too are doing great with your WW program. I am so proud of you girl. With you being so good you are sure to have a loss this week. I hope it is a good one too. I agree with you that it is a really easy program to be on and stay on for the rest of our lives. I can live with that!

Bernice:My gosh girl you are losing so much and doing so well that I'll bet you are a whole different person. Your family must be so proud of you as we all are. 102.8 lbs and still going strong. You are such an inspiration to the rest of us.

Trish:So sorry about your back pain and hope that you feel better soon. What are you taking for it?
I know back pain is no fun and I hope you get some relief really soon. Take good care of yourself. Let us know how you are doing. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TRISH)))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))

Joanna:So you are busy busy busy getting ready for the boyfriends mother are you? I am sure she will just love you. Man working those 10 hour days can get to you after awhile, but I am sure you just love when that paycheck is in your hand. LOL

Dreamer:Hey Sam! Wow you sure did a great job on all you did on the babies room. It sounds so colorfull, what a lucky baby he/she is gonna be. It is nice that you are so crafty and have done it all without spending so much money on the furniture ect. It all sounds so cute. I wish I could see it, when you get the website maybe you can put some pictures of the babies room in it for us too see. Can you get a picture of yourself in it as well. We still don't know what the little mother to be looks like? I would so love to see some pictures of you, the new baby and your boyfriend too. Can't wait to see those pictures either.

Jello:So glad your parents too the news of you and Rich well. It makes it so much easier when they are ok with it. They know you are a grown woman and I am sure they really like Rich as well. So Mike cancelled out on you? Man sounds like old times to me. LOL Glad you cancelled out on him as well, gave him some of his own medicine. SEE HOW HE LIKES IT! LOL

ginabob: I too now go to a Notepad and go back and forth between the threads. I too have lost far too many posts when I go to post and I have learned from it. Thanks for mentioning it and hope more try it. It works believe me! Glad to hear from you and hope you are doing great.

Regency-Hope you are feeling better by now. Please post when you can and let us know how things are going with you. MISS YOU!

Brite:Hey Kerri. WELCOME BACK! I am so glad you posted again. I have thought of you from time to time and remember all the fun we used to have when you were posting with us.Glad your new job is to your liking. That is so important! Don't worry about the weight gain, you had a good reason for that with your medicatin you were taking. You will get back on track too. Look you are here posting again with us and that is the first step I feel. I too have went up and down and am struggling to get back on track. I don't know if you have been reading the past posts but my little brother and my sister in law Chrissy of our group was murdered almost 2 years ago in Detroit and I have been really stressed during this whole trial. Which was a mistrial in Feb so we are going back April 2nd for the new trial. So I am still hanging in there and so can you too. I used to have your email address before my puter crashed and I lost everything. Can I have your email address again? I want to send you a couple articles relating to all of this.. Maybe you can post it so some of us can send you things too. Thanks!

Zoe:Sounds like you had a great vacation in Florida even though you had rain. You will get that weight off in no time flat. I always gain when I am away. Just always do but when I do manage to get back on track get it off. You will too. Don't worry that is what vacations are for.

Sandi:How are you doing? Busy working too? Happy Belated St Patricks Day to you too. Hope it was a good one.

Mary Kay: Hi MK, hope you are not working so hard and getting some rest and relaxation in your life too. Post again with us when you get caught up with all the threads and let us know how you are doing. I know too well too how vacations do you in. You will get back on track, just keep on coming here.

Kelster:Hey girl glad to hear from you and hope that things are going your way too. Miss you! Post again and let us know what is going on in your life.

Blunder: Hey Judy great website with those baby pictures. Very imformative. LOL Thanks for the address. How are things going on with you? How is Cal feeling? Good I hope. Pretty soon you will be seeing your new grandaughter. I'll bet you can't wait can you?

Chrissy: It was so good talking to you last night, I always love talking to you about my brother Rick. We just have a good little cry don't we? He was a good man, a great brother and a husband to you that is for sure. I can't wait to see you again and the girls. I am so gladl Ken is coming with me and daughter Kelly too. We will get through this new trial Chrissy. It just has to be a go this time. Think positive! Love you sister in law. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CHRISSY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Well time to get ready for work now, my loooooooong day today. But I am glad I got a chance to post. I have tried at times before this and for some reason when I try it says the forum is down for maintance and I guess that is just my luck isn't it?

See you guys, love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 03-19-2001, 09:09 AM   #8  
Long Lost Chickie

You guys, I'm on the edge here. I can no longer stand the stress. I need you guys to send me vibes and hugs or something! Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm going to resort to drugs or something. This divorce thing is making me crazy. I got another letter from my lawyer talking about how that scumball's *@#$! lawyer refuses to answer his letters or return his calls. I have just finished writing a long letter directly to scumball almost begging him to talk to me or have his lawyer call mine or something!!! It's been 2 years TWO LONG YEARS and I'm not free yet!!!! I can't sleep, I can't get on with my life!!!!!

This weekend with Rich was wonderful. I weighed in on Saturday morning with 1.6 lbs. lost and we spent the rest of the day redoing the entire bathroom (installing new vanity and sink, cleaning, new curtains, etc.). We went out for chinese food on Sat. night. Sunday we ran errands and went to the VFW for a beer and on the way home stopped at a sporting goods store where bikes were on sale. My wonderful boyfriend bought me a 21-speed bike. I rode it home! P.S. Boy am I out of shape!!!!

All in all, I had a wonderful couple of days ... except for that nagging feeling of having this divorce (or lack thereof!) hanging over my head. Obviously, scumball hates me so why wouldn't he want to be free of me!?!?! Why is that poor excuse for a human being doing this to me!?!?!?!

I'm sorry to dump all this on you guys but I don't think I can take this much longer. I'm totally thrilled for Joanna that things worked out so well (and so quickly) for her. But I'm also soooooo insanely jealous!! Sorry guys, I have to go now.

I love you guys.
Jo.
Old 03-19-2001, 10:01 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone,
Had a great weekend here. Went to a Fun Fair at the grandkids school and made out like a bandit with Raffles and Bingo. Won 2 handmade porceline dolls made by a local lady here(People in the Bingo were not happy with that. LOL) Won 2 $20.00 dinner tickets to Balmoral Park Horse Race Track at their restaurant. Plus other small items. But the dolls alone are sold for over $100.00 each.
Then Sunday they had a fund raiser at the library here for the school district. My daughter went while we babysat. She bougt $10.00 woth tickets for a 50/50 raffle. Since she didn't know if they were her tickets or mine that won we split. So there came another $130.00 each. Should have went to Vegas this weekend. LOL

C.J. and C.H....You both sound like you are doing just fine on the ww program. Keep up the good work.

Sassy...Soon (April 15th) things will sow down for you at work. I did hear of that artist and have seen some of his work here too. I like those Amaretto stone sours too. But they can catch up on you real fast. LOL

Sherry...I will keep your brother and aunt in my prayers that their health improves. Isn't that a great feeling when those jeans fell off? Keep up the grat job.

Jo...Sorry your divorce seems to be taking so long. Is that normal procedure in your state? I just thought without kids things would have gone faster.Have fun with your new bike.

Love to all....Sandi
Old 03-19-2001, 11:44 AM   #10  

Happy Monday to you all!

Just popping in right now to say that I have started a new Food Journal, which I need very badly. Hope some of you will join me posting your daily menus. It is great for support and also getting new ideas. Sure does help me, anyways.

I have not done well lately so a recommitment will help. I will be doing WW also, as many of you are right now. Let's try and help each other to get ontrack and to stay ontrack as well.

Will be back later to do a longer post to everyone. No, Sharon, not as long as yours. I think you really broke a record there my dear.

Talk to everyone in awhile. My laundry awaits.

Love, G
Old 03-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #11  
Loser:)

Default Good Morning everyone:)

I really don't have long here but wanted to pop in and say hi to you all
We went to the horse races up in Canada this weekend and actually came home with about 60 dollars more than we left with YIKES there was even an all day buffet but I did really well staying OP so I'm hoping for a loss this week.

Jo, So sorry to hear that your divorce is taking so long. Here's a great big {{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}} for you. Stay strong girl

Gail, Are you going to ww meetings or doing it at home. I really love the program cause if we plan for it we can have anything

Sandi, Wow you had a really lucky weekend. Glad you had fun

Sharon, Good to see you back Soon your long hrs will be history

Sherry, Sorry to hear about your brother and aunt but glad they're doing good. Congrats on losing your clothes

CJ, Loved the site for babies I just knew my boys were cute when they were born HaHa cute site

Judy, Hi there

well I've gotta run but you all have a great day

Bernice
Today is day 13 OP
Old 03-19-2001, 05:09 PM   #12  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Well I kept busy this weekend and didn't think about my ex. Then I come into work and can't seem to keep from seeing him. I haven't actually been face to face with him. It's a little painful seeing him right now and that sucks. I miss my friendship with him. I did e-mail to ask how he was doing and was told (by a mutual friend) to cut it out. He (my friend) said that was like rubbing it in. It's just too soon for direct contact. . . What do you guys think?

Kerri - You and I are in the same boat. I gained 20 or so back since leaving too. Guess we shouldn't ever leave again huh? : )

CJ - Brat!!! Way to stay OP. I know it is hard to go out to eat and be good.

Sherry - What a feeling. Loose Jeans. Thank you for sharing something else for me too look forward to. Sorry to hear about the sickness in your family. That can sure be stressful.

Sharon - It is good to hear from you. I have heard of Ansel Adams. I get that show was really neat to see. Stuff like that is always fun.

Jo - Hugs and Prayers from hear. Divorce stinks and dragging it out only makes a bad thing worse. I hope it starts clearing soon. Dump away and as often as you need to. That is what we are here for.

To everyone I didn't mention a big howdy from me. I am encouraged by all the success here. Keep it up gals! You all spur me on.

Love
Gina
Old 03-19-2001, 07:40 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Weigh In

Hello Ladies ~

Well, I weighed in this morning and......and.......well, I lost 3 of the 5 pounds that I gained on vacation. I know that's a good thing but I had lost 4 of the 5 as of Friday morning but then, for some reason, unknown to me, I ate my way through the weekend....Chinese food, ice cream, pancakes............<sigh> Anyway, I'm now down 3 of the 5 and I hope to lose the other 2, plus some by next Monday.

CJ ~ You little BRAT! I saw how close we were to the 29th post and thought to myself, "hmmm, I'll bet ya that I can beat her to the punch this time". And so, I didn't. You much have radar that tells you when to log on. Hehehe.

Sherry ~ WTG on those jeans being so big!! You must feel so great and you should be so proud. Keep up the good work!!

Sharon ~ I love Ansel Adams and would love to go to one of his exibits. And you're right, vacations wouldn't be fun if we had to worry about what we ate, huh?? Ha!

Jo ~ sorry about the divorce situation. Be calm and things will work out....(I know that's easy for me to say and I'm sorry) but I am praying for you. And good going on your weight loss!!

Sandi ~ I think the money is just rolling in over there. Ha!! How nice.

Gail ~ a food journal will help....I write down what I eat in a journal and my best weeks are when I stick to it.

Bernice ~ 60 buckeroos....cool!! Speaking of which, after hubby won all that cash the last few weeks, we are going to Shreveport this Friday night with my son....he turns 21 at midnight Friday and wants to see what all the hype is. Ha!!

Kerri and Gina ~ When I left this group back in June/July, I had lost 47 pounds. When I came back the first of the year, I had gained 26 of it!!! I now am down about 15 of that 26 but what a struggle. You'll both do it.

Well, gotta run.....hello to anyone I haven't addressed and I'm sorry I couldn't. Time to relax and let hubby have the puter.

Love to you all,
Patti
Old 03-20-2001, 10:11 AM   #14  
Mother Hen

Good Morning Kiddos!

Jo, hang in there girl! Just a thought.....some lawyers won't file final papers until they get paid all their fees. Maybe your ex is dragging his feet on paying just for meanness. {{{{{{Jo}}}}}} You have a pretty good life right now, just concentrate on how lucky you are and try to forget about him!

Drug the garbage out to the curb very early this morning so it would be there when the garbage truck came by. Woiuldn't you know, the truck is late today and still hasn't picked it all up! All that rushing around for nothing, what a waste of effort! LOL

I dropped those 5 lbs. last month, but no more. I know what I need to do, but doing it is a real problem for me.
I'm too lazy to get off my butt and move, that's my main problem. I love food! I can't seem to put normal sized portions on my plate at mealtime. And my Mama always insisted that we kids clean our plates, "Remember all those starving kids in China". You know, I'm still not sure what that had to do with it! LOL

When I read about all the losses you girls have had, I get so jealous! You would think that would modivate me to do something about all this lard I'm packing around!

My grandaughter is on Spring break this week. Her mother has to work so we get to keep her for the whole time. I may not survive, she's about to drive me crazy! She's 11 yrs. old, looks about 15 and loves to go shopping. Especially when she's spending grandma's money!

Getting closer to the time when my son will bring my newest grandaughter for a visit. So far, we've just seen pictures on the web site and heard her cry on the phone. Just a couple more weeks and I'll get to hold her!

Sharon, I was beginning to really miss you! Your long post was a welcome addition to this thread.

Today is the first day of Spring, I think. I've seen flowers starting to bloom around the neighborhood. Mine aren't doing too well yet. I wish I could afford a landscaper-gardner to come work in my flower beds. I have a lawn man, but he doesn't do flowers (except to mow them down).

It sure is good to see all the oldies come back to post again. Admit it girls, this group is addicting!

Well, I better get started with my day. I have to fold and put away all the laundry I did yesterday (and some from last week too!)(see, I told you I was lazy!). LOL

Hugs, Judy
Old 03-20-2001, 12:27 PM   #15  

Morning All!

Judy, my calendar says first day of Spring is today. That's good enough for me. It's been kind of rainy here for the last week, but we do need it. Very mild though - crocuses are blooming and the tulips are growing quickly. Just need a couple of bunnies frolicking? in the yard and it would look like an Easter card. I love this time of year. I know how you feel about cleaning your plate. To this day, I have an awful guilt complex about leaving anything on my plate. Enjoy your grandaughter staying with you - can't wait till mine is old enough to stay over once in awhile.

Zoe, see, I told you that weight would disappear quickly. Good for you!

Gina, the only advice I can give you is that "this too shall pass". Time is a great healer. Breakups are so hard on both parties, but better to break it off than to let it go on too long if its not the right person. {{{{{GINA}}}}}

Bernice, you did well to stay onplan with a buffet in front of you. Lucky winning some bucks too. That must have been your reward for being so good. You asked about WW. No, I am not going to meetings. I am doing it on my own. I cannot justify paying to lose weight ever again. I have all the info though and cookbooks, etc. Had a good day yesterday - Day #1 onplan. I do have a problem with a hollow, hungry feeling a lot of the time though. When I did locarb, I didn't get this. Maybe I will adjust in time. I'm not going to get back on that scale for 1 month. If after a month I am not showing any loss, I will reconsider, I guess. Have to find a way to stretch my food more.

Jo, sorry to hear your divorce is taking so long. But, don't let it spoil the wonderful time you are having now. {{{{{JO}}}}}

Carolyn, great for you, staying onplan. I'll bet you are getting anxious to see how much you have lost. Keep up the good work.

Sharon, I loved your nice, newsy post. We sure miss you when you aren't around. Take care and don't work too hard.

Sandi, Congratulations on your winnings. You sure were lucky! The dolls sound very beautiful. I have been crazy about dolls all my life. Do you have grandaughters? They will want them for sure. So nice to hear that you are well.

Sherry, I'm sorry to hear about your brother and aunt's health problems. So nice of you to be there to support them. I did say that you are an angel though, didn't I. So happy for you about the jeans. That has to be the best feeling in the world (at least one of them).

Sorry, I haven't addressed everyone, but I am out of time for this morning. Have to go and do all the things I never got done yesterday. I ended up having to run out for catfood and the laundry got left because once I get out, I always find something else to do - probably just because I don't feel like coming back to the laundry.

Had a good day yesterday, Day #1. Now if I can just do the same again today. Sure will give it my best shot. So many of you doing well is a really good inspiration for me. Knowing that you are all foregoing the goodies, I would feel guilty now if I pigged out. LOL

Talk to you all soon. Have a good day everyone. Love, G
Closed Thread