Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL: April 6-12

Hi all, well, I think we've lost some of our original starters and at the same time have had the great fortune of having people join us mid-stream. Bottom line is that we are all on different weeks now, so I thought a dated thread made more sense than thinking we are all on the same week anymore.

And it frees me up to go back and do my week 8/9 redo. So I just finished week 8, redo, yesterday and am in my week 9, redo this week. I regained my lost momentum from my disastrous first week 9 and ended my second week 8 one pound less than the original week 8. All is good. Looking forward to KEEPING the progress this time on week 9 instead of freaking out!

What about everyone else? How does this week look for you?

Last edited by sportmom; 04-06-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #2  
No description available.

Well I think I have finally gotten my head back on straight for food. Exercise has been okay the whole time, but I've gone off plan for food more in this 12 weeks than the last whole year. And I wonder why I'm maintaining and not losing? But then I tell myself I'm okay with maintaining.

I'm looking forward to a good week!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154.8/142/135

Height: 5'6

I finished my January Challenge last week and today I started a new one. I got really sick at the end and haven't worked out for a week but still only gained back 2 lbs. I was very afraid to check today but I was pleasantly surprised.
I have new goals and I am ready and raring to go again!

Sherry
Old 04-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #4  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Well poo! I just posted in the wrong thread. I somehow posted about my workout in the April thread instead of this one. Oh well, it will just seem very random to the regulars over there.

I'm thinking about switching out some of my exercises based on the availability of new toys at the ladies only gym. So I think this afternoon I will research and come up with a new list of exercises to try out. My hope is that my body will be more willing to break back thru the 152 pound line if I confuse it with new routines. Maybe I'll throw in a pilates class and really confuse it.

There's exactly 16 weeks until my class reunion, so I plan on creating a 16 week plan based on BFL and sticking to it until I leave for WV.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #5  

You are too cute, btw, in that photo. I love your blouse.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
You are too cute, btw, in that photo. I love your blouse.
Thanks. The blouse was one of my clearance rack deals last week, along with the $2 reunion dress. It's amazing how much I love shopping now.

I think I figured out the answer to my stalled progress issue. I needed to increase my weights. At home the heaviest dumbbells I have are a set of 15lbs dumbbells. This morning at the gym I used 30lbs dumbbells in each hand and had no problem with my squats. So no more working out at home for me until I buy more weights. But right now, I'm loving my workouts again. I did siwtch up some of my exercises, so it's fun (and hard) again.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Well I think I have finally gotten my head back on straight for food
Mee too, yesterday was finally a good day, although it was wednesday and usually I start going down hill, but maybe that's a good thing, I just may be able to stay on plan for the weekend, eventhough it is Easter...

Dixied, you are really cute in that pic I love a good bargain....

Tonight I am going out with some gals that I went to elementary school with, one of the gals started this little get together every 2 months, and it's a lot of fun, my plan is a salad with chicken, maybe one glass of wine, not sure... Wine really stalls my weight loss...

Anyways, I really should get back to work ... Later all...
Old 04-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #8  

Thanks Ilene! Your outing tonight sounds like fun. The only way I stay in contact with elementary schoold friends is on Facebook. Sometimes it makes me wish I hadn't moved to FL. (and then it snows, and I get over it )

Today was HITT day, and my legs felt like lead. I'm not sore from the lbwo yesterday, I just felt like someone had turned up the gravity. I did it though, and added some extra cool down time at the end. My mileage for the year has slowed down since I started BFL.

I may not make 1000 miles in 2009, but I am seeing some real progress in my muscle tone. I noticed that my shoulders are looking firmer this morning. I just looked up where I noticed the muscle and it's my Trapezius and Deltoids. (I love exrx.net's muscle maps) It must be all the shoulder presses? I just wish my triceps were coming along as nicely. Now, what can I wear that shows shoulders but not my triceps? I guess I need to find some of those shirts that have the shoulders cut out?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #9  

Yep, off the shoulder 3/4 length sleeves.

Dee, that extra weight in your legs is from your heavy legs workout yesterday when you increased the weights so much. I get that all the time, usually when I start a new exercise or go up in weight. It will get better. But your poor puffy muscles are swilling in all that extra water right now trying to heal, so they are a bit stiff and swollen, aka, feeling like lead when you try to run! It's all good!! Soon you will be to where you feel like you can squat more than 30 in each hand, you just don't have the hand strength in your grip to go above say 35 lbs. Then you go get your barbell!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #10  

Sportmom, Dee,
I got myself a barbell through mail order my 48th birthday 2 years ago. The delivery guy made a comment on how heavvy this package was and I was like "yeah, let's not tell him that thiss is my weight lifting barbell & some extra weignts"

I'm still usisng that solid iron BB BTW. Can't beat DB, BB and weight plates for household durability items. They might become the new kind of family heirlooms " this BB and plates belonged to my granny"

Rabbit

Last edited by 4rabbit; 04-09-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rabbit View Post
Sportmom, Dee,
I got myself a barbell through mail order my 48th birthday 2 years ago. The delivery guy made a comment on how heavvy this package was and I was like "yeah, let's not tell him that thiss is my weight lifting barbell & some extra weignts"

Rabbit
Too funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets fitness equipment for Birthdays and Holidays.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies. Just checking in and very curious. What changes have you noticed since you started working out with the weights? Have you lost tons of inches? It's been 3 months, right? I have a family reunion to go to in June. Is there any possibility that I can drop some serious inches before then?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hey Ladies. Just checking in and very curious. What changes have you noticed since you started working out with the weights? Have you lost tons of inches? It's been 3 months, right? I have a family reunion to go to in June. Is there any possibility that I can drop some serious inches before then?
When I started BFL I was wearing a snug 10, I now have a couple of 6s hanging in my closet. I've seen a loss in inches and an increase in firmness and definition. So areas are progressing faster than others .

You do SBD, right? That WOE is a perfect fit with BFL, at least in my mind. I've been using the SBD principles along with BFL. I haven't dropped a lot of scale weight, but I'm down to the last 15-20 pounds where I think it gets harder to see those big numbers. And I know I've added some lean muscle mass. You should be able to see some great progress before June.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #14  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
You should be able to see some great progress before June.
Especially if you're talking the end of June. I'm leaving for a cruise vacation on June 26, and when I checked last week, it was still nearly 12 weeks - plenty of time to lose an inch or two.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #15  

Rhonda, I've lost 3.5" off my waist, 5" of my belly area, and 4" off my hips, almost 4" off my thighs. Down about 2 pant sizes it seems - I mean, who really knows anymore when they are all different themselves. I'm due for measurements again in 3 weeks and am really looking forward to some impressive numbers bc I am really seeing some serious things happening in this final month. I just noticed on my right hip, I am actually seeing my hip and not the fold of blubber that has been there since baby #1 10 years ago. I still have the fold on the left side, but hey, I guess my right side is more muscular or something, and lazy lefty will soon follow! lol

Totally worth it, and the eating plan is not hard. I can't comment on SB eating being compatible bc I haven't seriously ever looked at it at length.
Closed Thread