Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #1  

Talking McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES--It may be April, but we're no Fools!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the APRIL LOOZING FLOOZIES thread! So glad you can join in our discussion!!

We're a great group of ladies who'll welcome you with open arms if you're looking for a place to "roost."
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #2  

Hey all!

Great news! I qualified for Manager in Tupperware last month! I have 3 active recruits and my team sales were over $2,000. In commissions and royalties, I earned $185. I know that's not a lot, but it's great for me considering that I didn't have to do any work for it!!!

Shelley, I've never even been to FB. No desire. It sounds fun (and addictive), though.

Dee, how is Dez? How is Dez's Mom?

Gayle, still snowing?

Suzy, quilting going OK? How are the grandbabies?

Janice, I'm here! I'm here!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #3  
Janice

Gayle- is it true??? You lucky girl.
Cheryl - when are you having a brother or sister for Jake.
Dee - prayers.
Susie - hope all it okay.
Shelley - you are the most dedicated exercise maniac I know.
Sorry to be so brief, working my butt off.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #4  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations Cheryl! With the economy the way it is every little bit helps!

We're starting to feel it in our business now that the weather is warming up. People don't think about heating in the spring and summer unless they are building a new home and there isn't much new construction going on in our area.

I'm keeping busy with the grandkids. I have the two youngest girls two full days a week and then I pick the older girls up at school the other three days. I'm also helping out with my MIL. In between I quilt...that keeps me sane! You can always see my latest projects on my blog. I'll email the link to anyone who wants to see it.

Tomorrow I'm going to Lancaster to a quilt show with several friends. We're leaving super early and will be back late tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to getting out with my friends!

Has anyone heard from Gayle? I sure hope they have dug out from the blizzard and all is alright!

Hugs to you Dee...keeping you all in my prayers!

Janice, fill us in on what you have been up to when you are able to come up for air!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #5  
Losing it!

I'm here, just an absolutely, horrible week filled with illness, a death of a family friend, a blizzard, vehicle problems and major expense. My mom went to the doc, no change... she is driving me nuts though as well as the rest of the family seems to get on my last nerve. I think I have "slave & stupid" on my forehead, I seem to be the only one capable of wanting to do anything at all for my mom. When I said she is driving me nuts, I am referring to such things as her setting her personal alarm off twice this week... :-) I am to the point, I want to just sit and have a good cry... I don't get this way often, but when I do, it isn't pretty! :-) Poor Steve & Allie!!!! The car just had to go back in the shop to the fine tune of 900.00+, we had a friend pass, the snow is more dominant now in spring then it ever considered in winter. Joy, joy... See, I am a grouch!

Sounds like things are going well here. Thank you Cheryl for starting a new thread! :-) Dee, has Dez found out anything new?
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #6  

Hello.....did you miss me?????

I bet you didn't even know I was gone!
My sister Gail, Thomaz, and his friend had planned on going to the states for a shopping trip this week. It is our spring break. Well we didn't think we would go because of the storm that Gayle is talking about. It was heading our way and we would be driving into it. Gail couldn't stand to be trapped in this 6 month winter we are having so she said lets hit the road anyways.
We were lucky we went. We missed the snow storm completely but it did hit winnipeg when we were gone. Lots more snow. My mom and dad get back I hope today....there are going to be surprised by the amount of snow. We are still shoveling in april!

The trip was fun, I enjoyed TJ and Gail. Gail enjoys gambling for entertainment. She ended up winning about $250 more than what she spent on everything for the three days. A friend of mine said to me you haven't even been home two weeks and you are already going on another trip.....lol It was just a little one.

Cheryl way to go on the business. I hope that in the next six months that it doubles every month.

Suzy you are a very busy lady. I hope that there won't be to much of a lul in your business for very long.

Gayle I am sorry to hear about everything that is happening! Big Hug to you from me. We can cry together!
Hang in there it will get better. When things are tough I really do start to count my blessings. I start at being happy to breath, walk, talk, family, etc.... It really does help.

Shelley we need to hear more from you here. We miss you.

Janice did you get the snow storm that came from Gayle?

We won't hear any more til Dez has surgery on the 17th. Even then it might be awhile after that before we get an update.

Ladies I better get going. I gotta make it to my yoga this morning.

Love you all!
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #7  

Hugs to Gayle and Darlene!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #8  

Thanks Cheryl, hugs to you too!

Have a good weekend.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #9  

Hello! Where is everyone?

Hope things are better for all.

Jake busted his lip yesterday--our first experience with blood. Poor baby. He was "running" to me and tripped over who-knows-what and fell into the side of the bathtub. Ouch. On top of that, he can't seem to get over this lingering cold he's had for over a month now. Stewart is taking him back to the Doctor (again) this afternoon. I want them to give them something to make him better--not just treat the symptoms--if that's possible.

I put an ad on Craigslist for my Tupperware site. I'm hoping I'll get some visits to my web-site from it. I'm working from the Mother's Day angle. We have some really good gifts. I guess I'll find out in a few days if the ad will be successful.

Talk to me, people--I miss you all when I don't hear what's going on in your lives!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #10  

Cheryl poor Jake has a boo boo. Give him a little kiss for me to make it better.

It was a busy weekend. we went out for dinner friday and saturday. Out to a theater show and to my mom and dad's on sunday. It was nice to see them again. they made it home on thursday.
Mom isn't doing to good. She has been having tachicardia and her legs are swollen. that concerns me a bit.

Dez's surgery date is suppose to be moved because they double booked her. We will find out tomorrow when the date will be. She is pretty stressed.
We just told Jay and Ash tonight. They were in shock. Well all we can do is wait and pray for a miracle.

Time for bed guys. I love you.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #11  

Sorry I have been MIA again!

Gayle-Things have got to get better for you.

Dee-Let us know about Dez's appt.

Cheryl-That is great news! You are doing wonderful with your Tupperware.

Hi Janice and Suzy!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Cheryl, nothing hurts us as bad as when our kids get hurt! OUCH! Hugs to Jake!

Dez continues to be in my prayers. Keep us updated Dee. How much more schooling does she have Dee? Is she feeling ok?

Same here! Nothing new and I really hate to come here and ramble on and on about my life struggles. I have always said God will never give you more then you can handle... I think he must really be testing me! It seems like I am having stress from EVERY angle right now other then with my husband & kids. Needless to say, I need to diet but haven't been... I wish I could get out of my "pissy" mood! :-)
Old 04-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #13  
Janice

Good Morning Girls,
I have been working a lot! I am so tired lately I haven't even been on the computer.
Gayle did you send me all this snow or was that Dee? I know it wasn't Shelley. We've had snow storms for three days this week. Hopefully it will start to melt today.
Trying to stay on track with eating but working in a kitchen does not help. I have to bake tonight at work. Everyone loves it but!!!
Dee and Gayle - prayers and hugs to you both.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I am working everyday, oh poor me.

coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #14  

Gayle big hug to you to help you deal with the stress. We are all here for you so let it out girl. Heck I do!
Dez is in a excelerated nursing program that goes for 20 months. She will be done the end of aug in 2010. How is Ali doing? Any more geocaching lately? I would like to go out this weekend. We might have to go downtown to do it because there is lots of water around from the snow that is melting.
Speaking of lots of water around I am sure you all heard about Fargo and Grand Forks flooding......well we are just north of there and it is coming our way. Most of our city will be safe cause we built a large ditch around the city to divert the water but that cause the country folks to flood sometimes. My mom and dad were flooded in 97. Now my sister Rachel built a house beside them. Next week we will know what we will be dealing with.

Mom went into the hospital yesterday. She has pneumonia. Her heart also has fluid around it and she is having tachicardia. Keep her in your prayers.

Speaking of prayers Dez's surgery will be next friday they only ended up changing the time.

Janice it is good t hear from you. You can look at it this way when you get home from work hubby will have cooked you dinner.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #15  
Losing it!

I hope Dez can continue her studies. Still sending blessings your direction. Prayer can do powerful things. I have a niece having a difficult pregnancy and thru prayer, things are gradually looking better for the baby.

We are busy here, as usual. I'm still in a bad mood, but trying to change my outlook. Sometimes it seems like when it rains, it pours.

Janice, try to get some rest!

Off to the vet and to run a few errands. Allie is out of school today so we are going to share some mother/daughter time too.