Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 04:20 PM   #1  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Christian Encouragers #155

If you are looking for a great group to find support and prayer you can find it here. Everyone is welcome
Old 10-04-2002, 04:22 PM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi!

just a quick note to see how everyone is doing. I am having a good day despite this head cold that doesn't want to leave. I am feeling light headed and tired. I just want to have a rest all the time. I think supper will be something easy this time.

Have a great weekend! talk to you soon!
Old 10-05-2002, 04:32 PM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Saturday Weigh In

Hi everyone

today was my weigh in and I lost 1.8 lbs for a total of 13.4 in 4 weeks! Woo Hoo!! I am SO thanking God for this!!

Sami ~ yes, I am doing WW. I love the plan and it's so easy to follow. With the new 'points' system, it works great and I can have anything I want. Have you ever tried it? I am a regular poster under the WW Fabulous 40's thread.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. Talk to y'all tomorrow after church.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:45 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Way to go Zoe! You're doing so awesome! You'll be thin in no time.

I weighed in the am and have lost 2 lbs. I am finally in the 60's. Now I just have to stay there.

I'm getting ready to go to church but I had to share my good news.

talk to you after church!!
Old 10-06-2002, 06:30 PM   #5  

Wow I am hoping for a losing post next week. I am waiting until next friday to WI. I am doing much better with my eating by the end of this week. I started packing snacks to eat like crackers and teddy grams to help with my sugar lows. My sugars have been high again all weekend. so I have been eating light with no snacks. I am so happy for you Zoe and Wilma keep posting often it is really encouraging to know It can be done. I stayed home from church today my DD is sick with a cold and I was having bad pain in my tummy. I broke down and took Vicodin and it took the edge off I wish they would find out what is wrong. I am praying everyone is doing well.
Sami
Old 10-06-2002, 07:16 PM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Happy Lord's Day ~

I pray that you all have had a wonderfully blessed Lord's Day.

Wilma ~ praise God on your loss!! Keep up that good work!

Sami ~ I am praying that you show a loss when you WI on Friday. God is with you.

Everyone else...hope y'all had a great day!
Old 10-07-2002, 07:52 PM   #7  

It has been a long..........Monday. I did very well today even though I had a couple people leave me a treat at my desk. I just counted them as my snack and left my snack for tues. I need prayers for a member of our church. He just found out he has heart cancer and has 4-8 weeks to live. He has a wife and 3 children. It is times like this that makes you thankful for all our blessing. Have a blessed day.
Sami
Old 10-07-2002, 10:17 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Sami ~ My prayers and will wishes to your church member. God is all powerful, all mighty....He is the ONE.....may He keep him and his family close.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #9  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! It's my day off and I have a headache. Go figure. I've taken something for it and the edge is off it. I plan to get a walk in this afternoon while the weather is still nice. I went on Sunday afternoon for a 2 mile walk and it felt great.

Sami: I'm so sorry about your friend. You are all in my prayers. I've never heard of cancer in the heart. I'm proud of the way you're handling your snacks. I do that too although after losing 2 lbs. on the weekend I think I'm makin up for it. today it's back to veggies and no sugar!!

Zoe: How are things going for you? Are you staying OP? Just checking up on you!!

Hi to Gary and Gutchie and to everyone else out there. Come back!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:17 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry tuesday

Hi everyone
Spent most of the day at child services-- seems that we should have all kinds of info on my nephew that we don't. We have him and that is about it. His case worker left for boot camp as a reserve so all is up in the air i.e. medical etc. What a major undertaking-- the paper work!!
He got a strike in the after school program--2 more and he is out. He used the "S" word. It was just in goofing around but it still counts!! I thought when my kids reached college and my step-d high school that I would be home free Oh well, what are families for anyway. Gods blessings!!
Sami, I will pray for your friend, how sad.
Zoe- keep up the good work.
Wilma, sorry for your headache-- you take care of yourself!
Well off to pick up the nephew and take him to tennis.

In His Care--Gary
Old 10-08-2002, 06:52 PM   #11  

Thanks for all the Prayer for my church friend. I had never heard of cancer of the heart either. The Church is taking meals over 3 times a week and we are trying to see what else we can do. This has been a rough couple of years for our church. A little over a year ago we had chicken pox out break. One person in our church now suffers from a lost immune system and one member died! And two of my good friends children found out they have cancer. We have had two babies born early (both are doing great) I have also seen Gods blessings Both Babies are now home safe and sound (One only weighted 1lbs and 15 oz) And both of the kids with cancer are doing well and are expected to stay in remission.
EZ-I am praying that your Nephew learned his lesson.
Wilma- The weather here is great! I just never seem to have time to walk
Zoe-Thanks for the prayers.
I am lifting you all in prayer. As my Friend use to say God knows and he understands.
Sami
Old 10-08-2002, 07:26 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi guys ~

Wilma ~ Hi there...I'm here, I'm here. Still OP and lost 13.4 lbs in 4 weeks. I feel great too. I'm hopiing to reach 10% lost by the end of October (19 lbs)....but that will really take some doing. Hope your headache is gone.

Gary ~ Good luck with your nephew. I'm praying that it all works out. Kids!!

Sami ~ Still praying for your church member as well as your entire church. God knows what He is doing even when we wonder why.....

Please pray for my good friend Tracy. She is a Christian who has not been attending church. First off, she is having marriage problems but feels guilty going to church when she is so unhappy and not feeling good about her husband at home. I try to tell her that church and God is what she needs. Also, I have been trying to get her to come to my church with me but she says 8:30am is too early. She'd rather sleep. What if God told us "not now" when we needed Him? What if He said "sorry, I'm too tired now to help you with that"...?? Do I sound mean? I don't mean to be. She also says that my "kind of church" scares her. Haha. I have to smile about that one. The charismatic church makes her afraid......Hey, can't really hold that against her. It's not for everyone. anyway, I would appreciate prayers for her....thank you all so much.

Have a wonderful evening.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:41 AM   #13  

Zoe I will keep Tracy in my Prayers I just had to smile when I read her reasons not to go to your church. My Grandmother went to a charismatic church and I use to like going because it was really diffrent from my very formal church. I would find her a church that goes later (or saturday night) and offer to go with her. I bet she won't go but who knows with all the prayers going out on her behalf she might.
I am up late because my youngest is very sick with a high fever. Pray she is better by thurs for her field trip.
Sami
Old 10-09-2002, 10:54 AM   #14  

Just popping in for a quick note I am home with a sick child. I just got an email that a friend of mine from church just found out she has breast cancer she is in her early 30's. She has 2 sm children. Please pray that she will have a full recovery. Thank you for your support.
Sami
Old 10-09-2002, 01:22 PM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I just wanted you all to know that I am praying for you and for your friends who are suffering with illness. It's so hard to see a friend go through sickness.

Thanks also for praying for my headache. It lasted 2 days and is gone this morning. A co-worker had the same thing so it must be a virus that's going around. I feel much better now!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread