General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default 3FC really is the best

I've been surfing around for other forums to join, not because I don't love 3fc, but because I was hoping to see some more before/after pictures for inspiration. From what I've seen, this is by far the best site out there. Why?

-more knowledgeable people
-more people who have succeeded and are willing to help
-the people here seem so much more genuine. They're not just here to show off what they've accomplished.
-Everyone here is so much friendlier, I feel like I really know you guys

A lot of the things I've seen on other forums just seem to be fake or exaggerated before and afters. Also, there's a bit of fat bashing in some of the forums! I know, right? I couldn't believe it. I'm so lucky I found this place.

What are some of your experiences in other forums? I'm sure there are other decent ones out here, but it seems like 3fc is definately the best.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I've been a member here for a LONG time... with my current username 3+ years and with my former probably 2 or more... and I always keep coming back here. I still struggle a bit fitting in, but I feel MUCH more comfortable here than anywhere else. And I know what you mean about the exaggerations or the bashing! Like it's not hard enough to go through a weight loss journey anyway!

My biggest personality disorder is not opening up enough. The more I do that here, the more comfortable I am. I just can't do that anywhere else. And, I've met some really nice people here, some I hope to meet one day in real life (I did meet a girl AGES ago, who had a friend who lived right around the corner to me! She was in NYC and I'm in the Netherlands, so that was really random! I met her friend too, and then went on to meet other people through him. So it really is an amazing journey to be here on 3FC - you never know who you are going to meet, who's going to inspire you, who's going to kick you in the butt when you need it, but there are ALWAYS going to be people here who CARE!)
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

by the way Kelly, AMAZING progress pics you have!!!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I post on dietpower, and they're very friendly there but there's not the range of sections and threads that 3fc has.

I never found any forums to go with fitday.

I've just joined sparkpeople and the trackers n stuff are brilliant, the best I've come across. the people seem very friendly but I'm a wee bit intimidated by the complexity of the boards. or maybe I'm just busy with work and haven't had time to explore yet.

I like the range at 3fc, any I've never come across any snitty comments.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #5  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i will agree i felt the most welcome here. i have only signed up for on other site though but have read a lot of other ones. the one that i signed up for is sparkpeople. i really like the tools that they have to offer as far as posting i find them hard to follow and feel like an outsider looking in. however i do not post often even here just look at my post count here compared to when i joined. 3 years ago.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #6  

I agree.I was on WW site for a while, since I pay for etools.No offence please but wow there are some crabby people on there.I even read a post once when someone complained about the unfriendliness.Someone actually told her to go to 3FC if she wanted nice people........which is why I switched.I seriously could not believe it though.My goodness.No need to be rude.WOW.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

3FC is the best!

I like to look at the Joy Fit Club pictures on the Today show site for before and after pictures, http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25708021/.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I definitely like 3FC the best. The maintainers here are so helpful and really helped me on my journey. The Christian Encouragers are so faithful and their prayers have been amazingly helpful as well!

I don't recall any of the other sites that I have visited having such vast knowledge and genuine good will and encouragement!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote