Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #204

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

The final results are in!!

If you would like me to do another one, just convo me!

Last edited by Debbie54; 03-30-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #3  

Happy noon, ladies!

Lethargic is the word of the day. Both brain and body. Mostly brain though.

All of our snow is melted. I see that there was more in the city than what we got. But sheesh, we got so much rain before the snow started and then to have it melt off all in one day, it looks like a lake around our place. I was trapped in the house for two days with DH and the hounds. Egads! They needed some exercise last night so I took them for a walk. They loved running through the standing water. The backyard is a swamp so it will not be a good week for keeping the carpets clean.

We did get out for a drive yesterday since the sun was shining. We scouted out a local lake and found they have a nice horse riding area. I'm so excited about that since it isn't that far from home.

I had fun over the weekend scanning and sorting through old photos. I've gotten rid of a bunch. A lot I had forgotten that I had so it was fun to see them again. I have a lot of sorting and scanning to do before I actually create anymore photobooks. I'm in the deciding phase of how many and how to organize. Which is probably why I stalled out on scrapbooking a few years ago. I'm so anal about it all.

I was not happy about the scale this morning. Too much lethargy lately and too much being a dumbas$. I went screeching down the road of "I must have a personal trainer" to kick my butt and to help me get to my goal. Which I set at 210 by November 1st. Pretty lofty. But I do better when I've set something silly like that. Our fitness center doesn't have any personal trainers and I'm not willing to pay as much as they want otherwise. I want to find a way to make myself accountable to myself. I've read enough, seen enough Biggest Loser, etc to know what it takes and how to get there. I have all these great plans and then forget them within a day or two. "Oh yeah, I was going to....." That goes through my head a lot.

Okay, well my mind has gone blank again so I'll post this and be back later.

to all!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Goodness, I never got here all day!

Today our new (spring) term started, and I just got caught up in busy-ness.

As for eating, I have been having problems for over a year staying on plan consistently. I have finally put together over a week of being on plan. Not perfectly, but enough! Today should be another good day, and I think that will be 9 days. FINALLY! I feel more in control than I have for a long time -- and have even gone out to eat and stayed in control!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 AM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Oh jeez! I ate so much today! Just over 3000 calories! I was hungry, so hungry all day. In the morning I went with a lot of protein, hoping that I could curb my appetite with extra protein. I cooked some lean ground turkey and spinach. It held off my hunger till lunch, when I had the other half of what I had cooked for breakfast. Then just a couple hours later, I stopped at Starbucks on my way back to my vacation house for some iced tea, and caved and got a cookie. OMG! Those things are 450 calories!

So when I got to the house, I wasn't hungry for some time, wanting to wait until I was genuinely hungry. Well, that was too long, because the blood sugar had dropped and I had half an avocado, a cheese sandwich on whole wheat, and 4 oz. of whole wheat pasta with pesto for dinner. And then, a handful of dark chocolate chips for dessert.

So all that was way over the top, but I really was hungry. Except for the cookie. I will never have one of those again!

So. I've got 40 minutes till midnight. I can bounce on the Fitball for a little longer so I can burn that cookie off.

Georgia
Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #6  

Good Morning,
Had another good day yesterday. I didnt get as much exercise as I had planned. Allergy season is in full swing and my head is and was pounding. Youngest DD went to the dr yesterday with a bad throat infection and ears and sinus..the joys of spring!!
I pretty much didnt do any laundry yesterday so today will have to catch that up even if i dont feel like it. We have more rain coming at us today. So guess I will be entertaining the kids inside again today. I think we all got spoilt to being outside daily.
Teri-HI

Heather_ way to go on 9 days in a row!!

georgia- today is a new day..be sure and drink extra water today to help flush out the extra stuff.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #7  

Morning!

to Carol for being the biggest loser for last week! And to Carol, Barb, and Debi for hanging in there for the whole challenge! Good job!

Debi - Love the avatar. Beautiful pic!

George - Yikes on the cookie! How did the bouncing go? Maybe you need more water to help curb some of the hunger??

Lilion - Are the hormones and moods settling down? Hope that you're having better days.

Better get busy. to all!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #8  

OH NO!!! ITs going to be a HUNGRY day for me!! Chugging water to fight off the urge to eat!!! NOT sure what triggered this!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Terri, I am with you. I want a personal trainer too! I think I need someone to kick my butt every day and MAKE me do it!

Today is good with water so far. Gotta get my body moving. i hope everyone had a good weekend. We went to see hubby this weekend and that was north! Only a few snow flurries in the air! At home 4 hours south they go almost 4 inches! Yeah, good thing we went north. Weird though as usually they get more than us! It was a good weekend. Gotta figure out what's for dinner.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Terri for the congrats. It was a giant loss for me. It's sinking in that I am no longer morbidly obese - which happened this week. This was a big one for me - I wish I could forget about these momentous numbers.

I'm here and reading - the end of the quarter always kicks my tail so hopefully things will settle a bit and I'll have more time to post.

Lots of good things going on here - great to see.

Barb - how's the visit going - hope you are having a great time.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #11  

No foolin'! It's time to exercise!! We are doing well at our 300+ exercise challenge for 2009, but we can still use MORE minutes!!

Please think about recording your minutes any time you exercise in April! You don't need to commit to a goal or anything!!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #12  

Carol == Congrats on no longer being morbidly obese!!! Too bad there isn't a Hallmark card for that!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #13  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Good idea, Heather, we need a line of weight-loss greeting cards.

Yes, congrats, good job, well done, Carol!

DG: Lovely picture.

Well, it's a new month here, so I think I'll take the time to recommit. The thing I really most need to focus on is exercise. I'm eating reasonably, if not perfectly, and I've lost a few pounds very, very slowly. If I can up the exercise, I know I can kick the losses up a little.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #14  

Had a great day today..even though I overslept and got up about 2 mn before my 1stkid got here.LOL
Calories are good and i was satified.I did great yesterday considering i could have eaten the house...lol water really does help !!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #15  

You know, I think I should have studied up on menopause. I just had no idea it would be like this. #1 - I'm just so TENSE! I'm ready to bite people's heads off at the drop of a hat! #2 - I'm MOODY! I want to cry when I don't want to scream at people...or at no one at all!!! #3 - I'm HUNGRY. That doesn't seem to be a normal one from what I'm reading, but I am. I think it's not "real" hunger so much as tension release...but I want to eat. #4 - I'm EXHAUSTED. Not sleeping well thanks to the tension and the night sweats. And when I'm tired I want to eat...see #3.

I picked one heck of a time to try to stop smoking again. I want a cigarette, a glass of vodka and a dark chocolate cake with fudge icing! Mostly the cigarette and vodka.

Good Morning Ladies! Is my mood obvious? My poor husband. He's going to divorce me if I keep snapping at him. Seriously, I say stuff and then after it's out of my mouth I think "Where did THAT come from?"

I think I'm having one of those days.

Last edited by Lilion; 04-02-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Closed Thread