General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #1  

Default Wow! A "swim dress" option that's actually elegant

and not geeky!

http://www.athleta.com/shopping/prod...&keyword=44451

I don't know about you but I'm always stuck for what to wear to the endless summer pool and beach social functions. Even if I was really thin - I've never been the type to want to run around half-naked and my sensible tank swimming suits seem so NOT festive.

Love the dresses made out swimsuit fabric here -- never thought I'd order anything for myself from my skinny daughter's fave catalog but I'm goin' for the halter swim dress in the "wave" blue fabric. I wouldn't want to swim laps in it, but for hanging poolside with friends, I think it's great.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I do love it!! Even after losing all this weight, my saddlebag areas are troublesome and I just can't bring myself to wear a regular tank. I can't tell - does it have a built in swim panty or do you need to buy one separately?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

That is pretty. I like tankini tops with either a skirt or shorts. I have been looking at these

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim...irtini+Set.jsp

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim...ortini+Set.jsp

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim...Shorts+Set.jsp

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim...irtini+Set.jsp
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Wow, I like those too! Nothing in my size, though I need a new swimsuit, my old one is baggy in the butt. I definitely want a swim skirt!!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I like all the suits. However, one pieces sometimes tend to focus on the belly part and always make me feel like I look like I am pregnant. I prefer the 2 piece suits just to break it up. Solids are quite sliming.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #6  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Very cute. I myself like the 2 pieces as well but the dress is nice. I really like the first suit that willow posted a link to.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #7  

k8eee-Thanks for web site!!!!Great clothes!!!!!!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I've always loved the swimdress style, it's so feminine, and I think modesty is underrated these days, regardless of what shape you're in. But it is so hard to find really great versions of it. I've been loving dark brown too!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #9  

I'm thinking you have to buy it although, I would just wear one of my existing "tankini" bottoms?

OK ANYBODY NEED SOME MOTIVATION?? Check out the youtube video of thIS catalog shoot -- I believe they use "real" models (ie, they have other jobs than modeling, mostly prof. athletes etc.) They are in shape and not the heroin addict looking models, and the clothes are wearable.....

VERY INSPIRING! CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AthletaChi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I do love it!! Even after losing all this weight, my saddlebag areas are troublesome and I just can't bring myself to wear a regular tank. I can't tell - does it have a built in swim panty or do you need to buy one separately?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #10  

It's hard to find a swim dress that isn't in bullet-proof fabric that looks like the pattern of a Sumbrella! LOL...my daughter orders from this catalog a lot as she is in school in Santa Cruz, CA and practically lives on the beach. The stuff isn't cheap but great quality and really holds up - some of the things she ordered two years ago have kept their color surprisingly well considering the sun, surf, sand she puts them through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
I've always loved the swimdress style, it's so feminine, and I think modesty is underrated these days, regardless of what shape you're in. But it is so hard to find really great versions of it. I've been loving dark brown too!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #11  
The spangled kind

S/C/G: 225/135/135

Height: 5'4"

K8-EEE, you mentioned wearing a tankini bottom under this? I think this is an actual dress, but just made out of bathing suit fabric. The description says it's 36 inches long, and from the little diagram, it looks like it hits at around the knee. So I don't think this is something you would swim in--just something you would look exceptionally cute in while hanging out by the pool.
Cotinga is offline   Reply With Quote