Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #1  
ready 4 a re-birth ...

S/C/G: 5'2

Default My Update ...

Well guess I have been out of the loop for a few months, but here is my place/time for an update...

Saw a plastic surgeon I believe at the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. I was trying to go through the motions because my excessive skin is awful. I feel this is a step closer to my final product. I obviously can not see the result that I am working toward on a daily basis with all this skin in the way. I really need a whole body lift, but guess one step at a time. The surgeon told me that he would not do a whole body lift because he would not want to keep me under longer than five hours and he would be pulling the skin on my front and back sides in different directions. So during the consult he basically stated that he would do my thighs, tummy, and arms at once. He submitted the paperowork to the insurance company for a Abdominal Panniculectomy. He stated that he has never had any "cosmetic surgery" approved, but the Abdominal Panniculectomy and hernia repairs. He stated that if the Abdominal Panniculectomy was approved it would take $3,000 off the tummy tuck, $1,800 of the OR, and about $1,700 for the anesthesiologist. The proceedure would still cost me around $15,000 ( and that is just for the front of me).

Since I have had to fight the insurance co for everything I ignored my mail for about two months, because I wasn't ready to fight again and received a denial letter. About two weeks ago on a Sunday I was procrastinating (as I do so well) going to the gym and decided to start opening some of my mail. The second letter from the insurance co dated 2-10-09 (six weeks prior to when I opened the letter) was APPROVED the abdominal panniculectomy!!!!! Yes can you believe I said... APPROVED!!!! I think I am still in shock. I have my second consult on 4-13-09 (hopefully will schedule a surgery date) and I already got a loan approved.

I am excited, but anxious and worried. I definitely have had my sure of surgeries and complications, and I have heard how painful the recovery from the surgeries are so it is so hard to be happy about going under the knife. Guess I will only have half of a "bangin" body since I am not have the back side of me done, but you have to start somewhere.

hope to update again soon... hope all is well with everyone
redE2b1lessphatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

i'm speechless - and congratulations!!!!!! i have issues with opening mail, too - and LOOK - you actually had GOOD NEWS a while ago!!!!!! YAY!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I'm so happy for you. You are a tiger if you fought the insurance and won. If you have some spare bosom and want to give it away, remember me! lol
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

WOW!!!! I am sooo happy for you! I wish i could get my insurance to pay for my tummy!!!! You lucky thing, you!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote