Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #196  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

Well yesterday turned into a bad day. DONUTS! They had them sitting all day 10 feet from my desk. I was good until about 630pm. Then caved.
Was mad at myself and so the rest of the night did not go so well either.

But back on board today. Went to the gym this morning. Did my fitday and my calories are about 1700 for today. As long as I stick to it.

Not sure why my willpower disappears. I wish I knew the answer. This is the reason that I yo yo up and down the scale. I guess there is nothing magic about it. Just have to have some self control.
I think I get feeling lonely and food was always a comfort.

Congratulations Linda on that 5 pounds. Good for you. Everyone is losing and getting to classes. What a group.

The Fitday is certainly helping. And thanks Jada for the info on pyramid.com as that made me realize I was eating too much as well. Did not see a catagory for donuts there at all. hahahaha!

Why do I make this so hard on myself. Here is to a better day.

Any suggestions welcome.......Jude
Old 03-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #197  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Linda on the loss! That is AWESOME! You are doing well given the lovely weather this month! I find it harder to lose when I can't get outside and putter!

Jada - I love to sing, but being hearing impaired, I really can't sing in public. I can't carry a tune to save my life. In fact, I'm the only person I know that people at church kindly and politely asked me not to sing. I do sign, so I sing with my hands. Thus, my private concerts are abominable - but I am the only one that can hear them, and since I can't hear very well ...

Jude - willpower for me is often related to my hunger level. If I get too hungry, it goes out the window. I need a plan that includes healthy options at my fingertips when that office food calls my name. I finally had to make a rule - absolutely no free food at work unless it is plain fruits or vegetables. You weren't here when I shared my office food stories last year, but one of the memorable ones culminated in donuts going into the dishwasher while I ate my lunch in the break room

A productive day here. The office was quiet with only one phone call. I got so much done! Well, it is car repair month in my household. First my car, then DH, now DS2 needs about $300 of work done on his. That is $1200 in all Good thing I got my tax refund!!!
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 03-31-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Laurie: That was funny about your singing. Too bad they don't recognize a great singer when they hear one

Jude: I'm not in any position to be giving advice, but....it might help your will power to cut all caffeine out of your diet. Also, figure out how much money you need to buy enough food to meet your basic calorie needs, and then put the rest of your money in savings so it's not readily available for food. I was able to put an extra $300. into my savings this month, with all the money I saved in not eating out, cutting down on gas (I'm not constantly running to the store for food), and cutting my food budget. I was able to save extra money, and still buy extras for family (only once a month).

I also agree with Laurie in spreading out calories throughout the day, so that your snacking every two to three hours, so your not going hungry. I've had to get the bad habit out of my head of eating "meals," or eating everything at once.

I've read on 3FC that it's best to give in to our cravings, and then get back OP as soon as possible within a day or so. That was funny about not finding donuts on the food pyramid.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:42 PM   #199  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . how do you explain me. I'm not hearing impaired (well other than getting old) and I've never been able to sing a note. Got my terrible voice from my Mother. The difference -- I've always known how bad I sound; she always thought she sounded just fine.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #200  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey folks! Come on over to the new thread! See you there!

Jay
Closed Thread