General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #1  

Default Wacky billboard ad for lap band surgery

Driving in North Hollywood CA today I saw this billboard that had a skinny guy eating a giant hamburger with the caption "dieting sucks" and the phone number to call "to get a lap band."

Why would they want to give the impression that you can have this surgery and then eat giant hamburgers and not have to deal with dieting and food plans etc.? How misleading. Has anybody else seen this? The one I saw was on Sherman Way around Laurel Canyon.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

That sucks. You'd think they'd want to fight off the stereotype that any kind of gastric surgery is a quick and easy fix. They're the ones who will have to deal with the patients after the surgery! I guess it's all about getting people in the door. But it still sucks.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #3  
Operator265

Isn't it dangerous to eat like that after the surgery? I thought people could get sick or injured from having a couple of beers too fast.