Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1204

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

Last edited by voodoo1; 03-30-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #2  

Ummm Heather I think I mis-titled this week's thread, sorry!xxxxx
Well we went to visit my parents at the week-end & it was not much fun! I haven't been online as the pc was acting up again & hubby to do 'something' to it.
Anyway I'm losing inches, but the weight isn't shifting, must be something to do with 'toilet' stuff, or the lack thereof.
xxxxxxsharon
ps post more later, stil got laundry to sort from the holiday.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Its monday again...wow the weekends sure fly by.
I count myself as lucky to not have any real damage from the storms that went thru on sat. Just 20 min north of us was a horrible tornado. Alot of hail damage around me. Windows broke out, cars beat to death, and all we had was a few dings in our oldest car and a few screens knocked out. We were not at home at the time so our car wasnt here.
One of the kids i keep lives less than a mile from where the tornado hit. We are very lucky!!
I only lost 5.4lbs during out BL challenge.I am not happy with that but at least I did lose a bit.
I am looking for a big loss in the next few weeks...anyone with me??
Thanks for all the nice comments on my pic. It was taken at the wedding.
hugs to all and drink your water!!

Last edited by dgramie; 03-30-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #4  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone...dgramie, you look sensational! We didn't really have any storms here, just some thunder and a little wind. Other than that it was pretty tame. How big of a loss are you looking for?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #5  

devsmom our challenge was for 3 months...so my loss isnt much at all...but at least it wasnt a gain.
glad the storms missed you!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

quick fly by.

My weekend was busy busy. Sat night i babysat my niece and nephew while their partents went to a concert. Had fun. Yesterday was my niece 2nd birthday party. I did well on eating. I did have cake but it was a small piece and no ice cream.

Today is a week with no fast food. A whole week! I have thought about it though..rather sad. lol But I will make it through this 30 days.

Today i get my new glasses! I am so excited. My old ones, the polycarbon went bad adn they are all foggy. It is horrible. I think they ahve been this way a while, but only in the past few months have I really noticed soemthing was wrong. So yeah on getting to see the correct way.

dgramie: your avitar is wonderful! You look so pretty!

Debbie54: Are we going to do another weightloss challenge?

Last edited by azcyn; 03-30-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Happy Monday everyone! I hope it's warm and sunny where you are ~ it's not here.

I went out to eat with a friend Friday night. I stayed OP but clearly had waaaaaay too much sodium. Saturday I was up 10 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drank tons of water all weekend to try to shed the water I was retaining. This morning I'm still up 7 lbs. How long does it take for y'all to lose water weight when you're retaining?

Note to self: visits to the buffet must be Strictly Limited from now on!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #8  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote of the day...

Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
Henry Ford

Common gals lets get our groove on! We really need to focus on what we really want. How we are going to get it. And how we can help each other along the way! 3FC is here for motivation and support so lets give affirmation, motivation, butt kickin, and applause.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #9  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I already am in 3 challenges, two on another site and one personally. Let me know and we can kick fat in the behind. I'm ready!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #10  

DG, Debbie, TOLD YOU YOU LOOKED GREAT in the pics!! Now everyone can see it too.xxxxxx So glad you weren't affected by the tornado.xxxxxx
Annie how are you doing? Hope the panic attacks are getting better.xxxxxxps Ami emailed she is still getting Sweets & now more stuff as well, if you get time send her an email, I think she really beeds some tlc/chering up.xxxxxxx
Well should be busy so I'll post more in the morrow..
xxxxxsharon
Old 03-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

The final results are in!!

If you would like me to do another one, just convo me!

Last edited by Debbie54; 03-30-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 303/294/250

Hey there ladies!
Hope everybody had a great weekend. I took a yoga class for the first time and it was tough! But it was also a great way to stretch and strengthen. Think I'm gonna sign up for 6 weeks and see how I do. Did 11 minutes on the elliptical Saturday but also had a chicken crepe at the Original Pancake House, which was sooo good, but full of badness, I'm sure.

Did another 11 on the elliptical today, but I am up about 2.5 lbs. grrr. No more weighing until Friday!

Have a good Monday!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #13  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

My boys brought home awesome report cards today! So in the theme of rewards. DH and I are teaching the kids healthy ways to celebrate without food! They get to play video games until dinner on a school night! LOL. And if they get awesome 3rd term marks in June it will be a trip to the Toronto Blue Jays game. Smuggling in healthy food choices of course!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sharon -- Thanks for starting the thread this morning! I fixed the title!

We started a new term today, and it was busy with lots of little details... But I am happy to report that I've strung together more than a week of being on plan! Finally! I've not been consistent for, I think, over a year!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #15  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi everyone,

I had an appointment with the bariatric surgeon today and had the psych evaluation (re: my readiness to do this thing). Both went well. I've lost 6 of the 20 pounds the dr would like me to lose, and he'd like me to step it up a notch, getting more into the pre-surgery diet and more disciplined, all around, but overall he was encouraging. We're talking about a 'gastric sleeve' which is a pretty new procedure, comparatively.

Has anyone here had experience with gastric surgery?

Sweet dreams,
Closed Thread