Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/261/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Once again

Okay I posted here some on Dec and Jan, but mostly on 100lb board. I had a wonderful melt down, I am still insane but I am starting over again and I am going to take it in smaller steps and only think about it that way. I think I am going to stay away from the 100lb board for now, because it is kind of a reminder of the huge task in front of me. I am going to do WW on my own (without meetings ) and post here as much as I can. Anyway I'll be around and I hope I can get to know some of you.
Angie
angiemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #2  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Angie.

Good on you for taking smaller steps towards your goal. That's the best way to do it. As my sensei says "to eat a whale, you need to take one bite at a time". Probably not the best analogy, but it gets a giggle out of me.

Good luck and we'll be here if you need us.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Angie! Welcome back!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz View Post
Angie.

"to eat a whale, you need to take one bite at a time".
I'll have to remember that one!

Angie, small steps are important, because they add up to be BIG steps. So one lb at a time and eventually you will get to where you want to be!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey Angie! I was overwhelmed too, but someone on here told me to lose weight in decades, you know, ten pounds at a time. That changed my perspective of how much weight I had to lose. But anyway, we're here for ya sister!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/261/135

Height: 5'2"

thanks guys for the welcomes.
angiemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #7  

Welcome Angie!

I have a lot to lose too. One thing I've done is to do 3 month 'sessions'. The end of the session IS the long term goal for now. I try not to focus on anything beyond the session and a big part of 'winning' is actually making it through a whole session and to still be trying!

I just finished my second 12-week session. I 'only' lost 12 lbs. that session but I'm perfectly content with that. It's hard to say that as we always think that anything less than a grandiose effort is not enough. The main thing I'm doing differently now is learning to accept the smaller effort and be satisfied with it knowing it will create a long-term result.

It's working. 27 lbs. is the most weight I've ever lost while actually trying to lose. All those times I thought only a major life change would work and then burned out after 6 weeks. Who knew it could be simpler and easier if I were just willing to accept that it would take TIME? You can do this. Baby steps are really the best way to LONG TERM success. We'll be happy to see you around!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Hey, way to go on loosing 27 lbs bindersbee! i bet you look and feel alot different, it's nice isn't it?

Looking at all the wieght you want to loose can be defeating for me too. sometimes i feel like i should just be able to will it away cuz i never meant to gain it to begin with. That'd be nice ....

I like to look at it as 10lbs at a time too. and i celebrate each 5 lb milestone as well.

good luck this time around angiemo3. Weight loss is very achievable, we just have to make those small dedications to changing our ways. It all adds up in the end to better health and fitness.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote