Old 03-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6

Default annoyed at myself, venting! (long)

For the last twelve weeks I have been doing great. I've lost 29 pounds and am only two pounds away from my 10% goal! My husband has been doing his own diet because his work did a biggest loser competition. He's down 28 pounds and is now at his goal.
For the last week since he hit goal he's been eating fast food again, and today he talked me into going out to lunch. We went to Jimmy Johns and I got an "unwich". Instead of bread, they wrap the sandwich ingredients in lettuce. I thought that this would be a low point option, but it was still 12 points. I also got the BBQ Chips for 4 points. Later this afternoon stopped at a gas station. I got a granola bar because I thought that would be the best option. Wrong! It was 4 points. When I got home and logged my lunch I was shocked. 20 points... It was not worth 20 points... I wish I would have just done what I wanted to and made my own sandwich at home. Not only would it have been a whole lot cheaper, it would have been on plan. I was starving and let myself get talked into going out to eat.
I'm also a little annoyed with my husband. Just because he's at goal doesn't mean he can go out to eat all the time. How does he think he gained weight to begin with? And why did he talk me into going with him? He knows I still have a long way to go.
I learned that I can NEVER go out to eat without looking up point values first. I also know that the next 12 weeks probably won't be as easy as the last, since my husband thinks he can eat whatever he wants again. The worst part is that I used all my weekly points at a work party last night so I cannot be off plan today... I need to hit my goal on monday. Grrr!
Thanks for letting me vent... I'm going to go work out now to make up for some of the damage

Last edited by MandiK; 03-28-2009 at 03:49 PM.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I'm sorry your husband isn't being supportive. What does he say when you tell him that asking you to go out for fast food hinders you reaching your goals?

I have a similar issue. My husband is very, very thin. He's supportive of my efforts to exercise and helps me out there, but isn't so great about helping me stay on plan when I'm starving and bad choices seem like a great idea.

Stay strong!
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

That's rough! I'm sorry. Maybe when he weighs himself he'll realize that he can't eat anything and everything!
My Dh is supportive in that he eats what I eat. But, if I decide to go crazy and not eat healthy, he doesn't usually try to stop me LOL.
Men.....
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6

Well I did talk to my husband about it and he said he was sorry for asking me to go out to eat, but he doesn't see it as a big deal. I guess it's because he loses weight more easily than I do. He weighed himself and he's the same weight as he was a week ago... before the fast food. Go figure!!!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

He may be seeing food as a reward. He made goal so he is rewarding himself and you've done so well you should get something special as well. I think maybe you could give him hints as to how to reward you for your efforts. Things that don't always include food. Maybe a nice body lotion. Or if he wants to eat out.... A nice walk at a local park followed by a home packed picnic. There are lots of tasty foods that are point friendly. A nice sandwich or wrap, a pretty salad or carrotts and celery with dip, fruit, etc. Even maybe some healthy pumpkin & spice cake muffins for dessert. You could have a feast for a lot less than 20 points. Maybe even a glass of wine..... And with the walk might even incorporate some activity points in there.
Anything to maybe have a little fun out and still enjoy the meal together.

Last edited by Ciarra; 03-29-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote