Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Post Fibromyalgia #183

Please post here on the new thread. I will ask "meowee" to sticky this for us.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #2  

Good evening everyone. A beautiful windy day here in Florida! And I do mean windy! Always loved the wind....
I hope everyone is enjoying the spring and good health. I am hoping the "Quueen" is on the mend and will allow me a "full" night's sleep. So hard to get a good night's rest with one eye and ear open! Did you realize the order of a dog's senses? They smell first, hear second and see third. Humans see first, hear second and smell third. That bit of science has kept me awake waiting for the shoe to drop! Know what I mean??
Eye exam went very well today....now on a yearly schedule which suits me just fine. This pre-glaucoma thing can be a real pain but thankfully, my tests have should nothing progressive so all is well., The trip to and from the ophthalmologist nearly did me in...but it is over for another year now.
Hubby is working very long hours right now but I can't complain as so many peoiple here are out of work or laid off. I would feel ungrateful to complain but I am worried hubby is over doing. Men tend to get grumpy and irritated when they are tired and over-worked. Guess I will have to polish up on my diplomacy skills here.....as in "take this weekend off or else!!"
I am planning on a quiet day tomorrow getting a few bills paid and some laundry folded. Best laid plans...right? Hope eveyone is feeling healthy and happy tonight...will check back tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #3  

Happy B-day Happy! Hope your foot gets better...mine still hurts!

Meme....I'm hangin' too! LOL

Mima...glad you got Evans suit..I ahte to pay shipping but sometimes ya just gotta....hope the move downstairs goes smoothly.

Tammy..I love my Gloria Vjeans...the stretch is what I like. Queenieis Kates dog!

Beck...we hear ya...you sound just like us ...I know about over doing..I do it lot and My DH just stands there too! LOL Men...but we will never learn..part of Fibro I think...we are over achievers so often.

Kate..how is queenie...hope she didn't get any of that P N butter stuff. Jaz gets the runs too but right now I am dealing with peeing cats..they miss their box and it stinks!!!!!...so been cleaning that mess up.

Bought some pansies or violas to set out and some spring bulbs to pop in the ground already sprouting). Hope to do more in pots if I get time...

Joanne......did you get new jeans? North Florida so what ya do there on vacation?

Last edited by Candicej; 03-26-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  

Well-I certainly will look at those jeans but right now I have 2 new pair.
They left 2 stitches in and so we have to travel to get those out tomorrow.
But we will be near a health store so I can get some bread for traveling.
Hope Queenie is better, Dogs do react to foods. And cats. our friend cannot give her cat wheat.
We went to Golden Corral . It was ok and I was good . Then we went to church.
I keep planning about our move-we will get a storage place to put extra stuff I think. And buy a new couch,
Chiro this pm-results of tests and xrays. Hi candice!!! And all. Mima
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM   #5  

Kate, I've always liked the wind too unless it's a tornado type wind here in Ohio!! I also get the glaucoma testing done. My younger brother has it, and he has used eyedrops for years. Hope you get your quiet day!

Candice, with the stretch in your jeans, does it get too stretched out and looks bad? Mine do, and that's what I don't like.

Mima, Golden Corral is one of Tim's favorite places to eat. I always try to go for the vegies and baked fish, and then I don't feel so guilty eating ice cream.

Not doing much today. I like that.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Awww poor Queenie, hope she is feeling better soon.

Still raining and nasty here but no wind yet. Saturday the storms are supposed to move in.

Went to my meeting last night. learned a lot about exercise. She encouraged us to do body weight exercise (using your body weight as resistance) when watching tv or we had free time in the day. push ups, wall push ups, chair lifts, calf lifts, standing crunches, crunches, etc. etc. Every little bit adds up!

I lost 4.5 this week. My BMI went from 34.4 to 33.8 and my fat mass went from 45.3 to 44.1. Yippeee. This weeks struggles have defintely been worth it.

That's about it here.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #7  

Default Hey There

If I don't reply I won't find you again.. This week has been really busy.. Today I go get coumadin check.. Friday I may go out to lunch with my sister . Yesterday I went to Dr. and had a chest xray. I have been having some pain in right lung area. may be nothing..Bur concidering what I have been through I thought it best to have it checked out.
It is windy here too.. I live just over a mile from the gulf so we get it a lot..
They are trying to get me off the predisone.. I am retaining fluid and that isn't good. makes the scale go up. Maybe they can get me off some of these meds. I don't care to stick my fingers 4 times a day and take insulin at least once.
My yard needs attention. I just haven't felt like getting to it yet.. Bushes need trimming and that's a lot of work.. maybe if I can do just one a day..
Good weight loss Squeak..
Mima.. Moving even down stairs seems like a lot of work.. hope you have lots of help..
Tammy- I like Golden Corral too. We haven't been there in a while. there is one here just several miles away.. We always eat too much..
Candice- I have a pair of G V jeans. like them too. North Florida vacations are just that. Sitting on the beach, reading and just being with family. Not much where we go.. St George Island has no big stores. Just a pick Quick and some small tourist stores.. One small Grocery.. A few eating places.. We always take what we need with us ,rent a house and just rest..
Kate- Hope Queenie is better.. Christie got sick once and the rice helped..Christie is a Pug and a handful.. Wants to chase everything moving and gets a big smile on her face when I finally get her under control.. I don't think there is any training of her.. She is good in the house. bad as she can be outdoors..
Hello Happy
Meme- How did the talk go with Ross's parents? I hope they are able to take him home.. I found those jeans in my Penny's book.. I am going to see if they are in the store.. I won't have to pay shipping that way.
Joanne
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #8  

Good morning all. Another one of those dry windy days here. Our wildfire threat has increased significantly. We are desperate for some rain and there doesn't seem to be any in sight. Queenie gave me a peaceful night last night and is almost back to normal. I'm still not sure what created the problem. She never has had any issues like this before with minor food changes....but there is always a first I guess. I will be more mindful about this in the future, believe me.
I admire you gals who can wear those jeans! I just bought a few tops at Bealls here to fill in my dwindling wardrobe. I can still wear some of my knit pants and shorts but needed to find some coordinating tops in a smaller size. I'm taking it slow with the clothes thing as I do have some smaller sizes left from WAY before that could still be considered stylish. I'm going for my monthly weigh-in at the doc's tomorrow and he probably won't be too pleased because I haven't lost much this month. But at least it is going down, not up. I just wish I could shake off this tired feeling I've had lately. I am sure it is from not sleeping too well over the Queen, but I am just feeling so tired and listless. Very hard to get motivated to do anything. Maybe I can play catch-up this weekend! Yeah, right!
Mima, did the dermatologist give you anything to put on the incision area to prevent scarring? If it is healed enough, you could try some pure vitamin E oil. That would minimize any scarring. We used that for my mom's radiation "burns" on her neck when she had treatment for a small tumor there. It worked wonders!
Tammy, I'm watching your "ticker" go downward....good job! I hope mine moves this next week! I have really been enjoying these windy days but they are definitely not good for this wildfire threat we are in. There is something about the wind that I connect with. That is one of the reasons I chose this area to move to. We had lots of wind on the Cape too. I don't have any experiences with tornados though, only hurricanes. I get a bit nervous when we get those tornado watches...not comfortable with those.
Candice, funny you should mention that about PButter. Queenie does get one of her biscuits in a pbutter flavor. I did think about it at the onset but I bought a new box of cookies recently so I couldn't imagine it would be that. My pet food store is really great about keeping us informed of any recalls too.Just for giggles though, I will check out the biscuit's website.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day. I need to get the bookwork caught up and pay a few bills, download my bank stuff and fold that laundry. I put some homemade baked beans in the oven this am for hubby. We're going to have fish tonight and he can have beans with his. I'll have brown rice and salad. Bye for now ladies! And thanks for the "sticky", meowee!!

Last edited by Kate53; 03-26-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #9  

Lining up the help!!!My right thumb is hurting-feels like it needs a shot. Too much needlework. Going to borrow a brace-then see if it helps.
It's 50 ish back home. We till don't know if our water is unfrozen.Evan is coming today.
I think lack of sleep interferes with weight loss-at least it does when you have apnea.
Going to get other 2 stitches out. Went to chiro and had another adjustment. That's an ouch!!! At home, I get ES and ultrasound first-all for the same price.
Joanne-take it easy. Hire someone!!!!!!!!!!
Hey beth-you are doing great!!!
Brad is growing a beard because it's the town's 250th this year. He just looks scruffy now.
Bye Mima
Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #10  

Beth, that is a fantastic loss! Way to go!

Joanne, I agree with you about getting things checked out. It doesn't hurt to be safe rather than sorry later. I think that I'd like St. George Island. sounds like Jekyll Island, and I love it there.

Kate, we have had so many field fires in the area lately. Some have been caused by people throwing cigarettes out car windows, and then others have been caused by people burning brush and the fire gets out of control. Tim heard the dispatcher on the scanner tell one fire dept. that the address they were going to was the 3rd time in as many days. One of the fire crew radioed back and asked for a deputy sheriff to please come to the site. Hopefully they won't be called back there again.

Mima, I used to do cross stitch, but I can't anymore. Hurts too much.

Tim has gone to his gf's house for the weekend. They haven't seen each other for a few weeks.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #11  

Good morning. there are a lot of fires here also. Doc took rest of stitches out and put 2 butterfly bandages on it-can't get it wet for 2 days and I NEED to wash my hair.
Evan is here-we went to DQ last night. His choice. Then he and I walked home.
Hope it all worked out Joanne.
I am having fun going on Facebook-all my family is on there.
Mima
Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #12  

Hi everyone. Finally got hubby home for a full weekend....so much to get accomplished I don't know where to start. Have to be careful not to scare him with my list!! Just got back from Sam's Club getting many supplies. Now I won't have to lug these items home from Publix!
Mima, I am on facebook too. I honestly don't go on it that much. My GF invited me and I set it up but I might visit maybe once a week. I wonder how we get to be "friends" without divulging our e-mail addresses on this forum? Something to think about....
Tammy, we still are having very windy weather here so the fire alert is high. Some people can be so ignorant....throwing a lit cigarrette out of a car window. How stupid can one get with that? That and not picking up after their dogs really irks me. Just plain "stuck in stupid" is what that is.
Tomorrow we are going to pull the salt generator off the pool and clean it for the season. That and cleaning the filter is all that is left to do before using the pool. The water temp is up to 80 degrees but still a little cool for me. Had to turn the A/C on this afternoon with the humidity and temps here. I can't believe all the daily dust/dirt that accumulates on things by just having the windows opened. I guess I will wait until the A/C is on for the season before doing a deep-down cleaning.
Hope everyone is enjoying the day. Mima, you must be getting ready to head back up north. Are you looking forward to it?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #13  

Well-there is a lot of stuff on the guest bed.Leaving a lot of clothes here.

Just read about a new drug called Sevilla that's coming out at the end of the year for fibro.
We are going to Olive Garden after church for SS teacher's bd and Pastor may come too. Don't know what I can eat because my stomache is not good.
I did wash my hair. Our pool is about 90. The pool at the campground will be cool I think-it's indoors and solar heated.
Gotta leave early. Mima
Old 03-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. We finally have some rain here...a nice steady rainfall that should really perk up those dry lawns. Got all the "honey-do list" chores done with hubby today and now I might just go for a short nap with the Queen. She's getting better, slowly but surely. I gave her a dose of pepto bismol last evening....what a God awful mess! Pink crap everywhere...on her, the rug, the sheet on her bed. Hopefully I won't need to repeat that episode!
Had a terrible time sleeping last night too. I kept waking up and trying to get comfortable. I ached all over, especially my shoulders and hips. Mima, that new drug called "Savella" is very similar to an antidepressant. They call it a "selective dual reuptake inhibitor". It seems to be effective in managing FM pain in the studies. I also read it should not be taken with drugs such as Tramadol. The NFA web site has a news release about it. It sounds like the FDA has approved it's use but I don't know anyone who has tried it yet.
Not setting the world on fire with weight loss this month. I think I have been lax in my routine. I need to get back to just veggies, salads and meats for a couple of weeks. Too tired to think about making salads every night so I've been buying that bagged stuff. Hubby doesn't like all those "strange weeds" on his plate. He's an iceburg man...(which I can't stand of course)... so I end up having to wash and prepare two different salads. That gets to be a chore after awhile. Tonight, he gets what I make and that's it. I'll steam up some green beans to go with the steak and salad. Off to try and get in a nap. Need to walk the princess again soon. Hope everyone enjoys their day....and hi to all!!

Last edited by Kate53; 03-29-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #15  

Good afternoon or evening, depending ob where you are.

Mima - I guess you will be busy closing down everything and making your way back home soon. Glad you have your "movers" in place. No matter how far you are moving it, it is always work. The only good thing, is you don't really have to box up the kitchen, which for me, is the biggest room in the house. It ends up with the most boxes. You just have to carry it from upstairs and downstairs and it is put away. Hope your tummy starts to feel better. I had a mole removed almost a month ago, by laser, but there is still some of it left, so I have to go back again on the 6th to have it finished. It was a little deeper than he thought, but it was perfectly round, small and brown, so it was good to go.

Kate - I had to laugh about your hubby and the "strange weeds" on his plate. Sounds just like my hubby, who also like Iceberg best, but rarely gets it. Sometimes I buy the mixed lettuce and iceberg is in it, so he is happy. Glad you got your "honey do" chores done.

The weather changes are driving me crazy. Have had a lot of pain the last couple of days, and my toes are not FIXED yet. Still very sore, but I can't just sit here and baby them, so off they go, walking through stores Hoping the orthodics will help a lot.

Good for those of you who have had a weight loss. I am joinging you. Down 2 pounds. Been doing Nutri System. Food is mediocor, but I don't have to cook it and that really helps keep me on track. Also, bought some FULL BARS and they help as well.

Well, it is suppertime here soon, and hubby is doing Atkins, so I had better think about something for him to eat.

Have a nice evening.
Closed Thread