Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Thurs. 3/26

Hey Guys!

Had to start us off because I am so excited!

Last night's meeting was very helpful. It was on Home and Vacation exercise and what you can do. She demonstrated exercises and said a lot of things I needed to hear. For example, you don't have to go to the gym or run five miles a day to get your exercise in. I always had the "thinking" that you had to do a exercise program, dvd, go to a gym, walk a track etc. Now I know that's not true but I also thought the excercise I did wasn't good enough. Now I know that's not true. She explained body weight exercises and said if we only did those during commericals and ended up with 20 minutes a day we would still see results. Of course she recommended more if you are able but let's face it we all aren't able to run, go to a gym etc.

One thing that really hit home " You can't let holidays, vacations, occasions, eating out, etc. throw you off track. If you give your self permission to overeat at any occassion then you'll always struggle" That makes sense because there is always "something" going on. She said go ahead and have a bite or two and make better choices don't overeat or choose the wrong foods. It's learning how to manage those occasions that will make us successful at our weight loss efforts.

So... do you wanna know how I did....

Last week weight- 213 this week 209.5
last week BMI- 34.4 this week 33.8
Last week Fat % 45.3 this week 44.1

I honestly didn't think I was doing that great. But even with my one little slip up it seems like I did WAY better than I thought.

Next week's meeting we meet with the dietican at a restaurant.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #2  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning- That's good news to hear, I'm going on a cruise in June so I will make sure to at least walk the track or do some squats while in my cabin. For now I am going to the gym once the ibueprofen kicks in, the arthiritis in my ankle is kicking my butt.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Beth, Congrats!!! You did awesome!

It's dreary here today. But warmer. I just hope the rain holds off.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello, hello, hello!!!

Doing much better today. AF kicked my but the past two days, but I am not letting it take me down today. Once I get my butt in gear, I am heading off to the gym to do my Arc Trainer routine. A lighter, not so complex routine, compared to my other routines.

I am steady on the weight, considering the old hag is here too. Figure that out.

That is awesome Beth!! Keep it up!!!

Lauren ---- I am hoping the rain holds off here too. I don't want the dark grey, dull sky to come and invade this bright blue sky I am enjoying now.

Last edited by PearFreak; 03-26-2009 at 11:05 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hello everyone. We have blizzard warnings here, but they didn't close the schools, and I'm sitting here at work. However, I think the boss is going to let me go early.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #6  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody, just got back from the gym, I ran three sprints!! I really pushed myself today. It's still raining here, it's been raining for 2 days, but I guess we need it. After that I played basketball 'til I got run off the court by a bunch of 5th graders..lol...but I did get in 2 hours worth of work, so I'm good.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Hello to all..

I saw your chat and decided to take a look as I am a 30-somthing trying to lose weight. i need exercise motivation and a lot of it. I do not have an oppurtunity to join a gym but I do walk when the weather permits and I have a exercise DVD I am trying to complete. Last night I did not have time so I just did 200 sit ups and some quick arm and legs wrokout I figure something has to be better than just watching TV?
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Amy,
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I haven't been posting lately because I am soooo busy. I am feeling slighlty overwhelmed with work, family and all of concentrating on my health. I wish my health was just 2nd nature and I didn't have to plan out my meal and force myself to run. The good news is I am still doing it.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote