General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default I just bought an e-bike!

Yup, I just took the plunge and bought an e-bike! This is an electric powered bike that goes around 50km on a charge (30 miles or so) and is PERFECT for booting around town. Now I know there will be some of you who say "just ride your bike" and I agree totally. But my hot yoga studio is downtown, and I live 16 km (11 miles) away and to bicycle there (which takes around 45 minutes on a fast day), do 90 minutes of yoga, and bicycle back just isn't workable. And I hate to use the car as parking is a real aggravation, as is the fuel emission issue. So e-bike it is! I'm so excited, because now I can also take advantage of the discount gym downtown, too (former staff members have access to a fabulous corporate gym with swimming pool for $16 per month all inclusive). The e-bike will save me over $100 per month in gas costs alone, not including parking!!!!
Yippee!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

wow those things are cool- i had never seen one before. i think that's pretty great. happy biking!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Very cool... Ed Begley Jr. has one of those, that's the first time I saw it, on "Living with Ed" (a show on Planet Green).

As it is, I live on the 3rd floor right now and bringing ANY bike down the stairs every day seems like far too much of a hassle. But I have to move in August, and if I find a place that is downstairs or has 1st floor storage (or an elevator!) I would definitely get my bike back from my MIL's house and use it all the time!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

very neat!

Saving money is always good!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #5  
Workin' It

Cool! I would love to live somewhere I could safely ride something like that. I'm afraid I would get squished in Atlanta!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I only live 8 miles from work and would love to buy a scooter to go to work but the roads I would need to travel on are fast roads (up to 60mph) so its not feasible.

I know with an e-bike, you are doing some pedaling/getting some exercise, but a scooter isn't much more and seems like a more stable option.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Our Costco has the most incredible electric scooter--I want it, but it's not practical because I have to take 3 boys to school every morning. But really? It is awesome. DH and I thought it would be a great addition to our household. We may still get it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote