Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Cherry Tomatoes... yum!

My appetizer tonight: raw cherry tomatoes cut in half, with a little kosher salt sprinkled on top!

I've only recently discovered the awesomeness of cherry tomatoes, having thought I hated raw tomatoes for my entire life till now. D'oh! Now I love these things, and I'm finding they work really well as a sort of appetite suppressant for me... definitely curbs whatever cravings I have. And they're like 50 calories for a whole pint of the things, I think, so I've finally found something I can eat the entire container of without feeling guilty. Yay cherry tomatoes!

Last edited by jajabee; 03-23-2009 at 09:41 PM.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #2  
fabulous southern belle

S/C/G: 268/215/165

Height: 5'10"

Cherry tomatoes are awesome raw, but you haven't experienced AMAZING until you slow-roast them!!! They are everything a sun-dried tomato wishes it were! I toss mine in a little bit of olive oil (or cooking spray), a bit of s&p, and occasionally some dried herbs (thyme, rosemary, etc). Pop them in an oven with some garlic cloves at 225 degrees for 3 hours or so... heaven!
miss scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/172/140

Height: 5'5''

My fave, too!, but w/ Simply Organic Garlic Salt
shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote