Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default March Medifast/Wonderslim/New Lifestyle etc. Chat

Hi All!

Wow! March already! I have to get busy. I have really been spinning my wheels this year so far. But I have been back OP for the past 3 days. Fighting to stay there. I'm so close!

Operator! Congrats on the 3 days smoke free! By this time the physical dependency is broken...It's all a mental battle from here. You CAN do this! Every day you put behind you, the closer you get to not thinking about them constantly. I have been smoke free since Oct. 2007. I rarely have a craving...even when I am around smokers....Especially when I am around smokers.

So welcome to March...Lets do this dang thing and get on with our healthy new lives!

DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/300/150

Height: 5'4"

DJ,

I feel so pepped up after reading your post. I have been staying on plan as well, and although I have reached a temporary plateau, I am sticking with it.

And Operator, congrats. DJ is right...so much of it is mental, but you can do it. Hang in there.
Woserit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #3  
Crazy fibre chick

S/C/G: 260/235/140

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Very quiet March so far. Quieter even than February. Where did everybody go? DH has been having a bit of a World of Warcraft binge lately so little computer time for everyone else! My weight has been crazy lately. Up and down and who knows where? But my second favorite pants have been boxed up with the goodwill stuff! I am sort of running out of things to wear although if I managed to conquer Mt. Washmore, I might discover some more items that are wearable lol!

So the better news of that is I strolled down to the bargain shop on Saturday to pick up something so I'd have more than 2 outfits for the next 20 or so pounds, and grabbed a denim skirt for only $8! It was a size 20, I was hoping it wouldn't be too small (no change room). I got it home, tried it on, and it is *loose*! And stretch to boot! Progress! And DH says he notices it, too. He says my "structure is emerging" Such a techie.
voluptuous6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #4  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi group,

Wow, 10 days into March and it is so quiet! I hope everyone is doing well. Well, I blew it again. I actually hit 201...no longer in Onederland. ...that did it. I started MF again yesterday and woke up today 4 pounds lighter. I know it is mainly water weight but it still feels good and I am now back in Onederland. I pulled out a pair of shorts I bought last year for my goal and now they are on my dresser. Hopefully that will be a motivator. Well, have a great week all!

Jen

abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #5  
Operator265

Hey Jen. Glad to see you're still hanging in. Yes, it probably is water weight, but remember, you do still keep losing after the initial burst, just a little slower. I've been going back and forth, but, I am maintaining when off plan. I still need to replace some of the WS Chix meals. I simply cannot tolerate them even going in my mouth.

Good luck to everyone. Remember, keep learning about healthy eating as you go along so that when you slip, you can still keep up a healthy lifestyle.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #6  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi group,

Last night was awful for me. My hubby wanted me to make brownies which are one of my favorites and right at about the same time, my teenager yelled, "Brownies!" from her bedroom. It was really hard. I was so hungry last night I could have eaten almost anything. I instead took a shower and went to bed. This morning was a breeze. I have a question though that I hope some may be able to answer. How detrimental will it be if I were to not eat a LG and if I chose not to, am I doing damage to my metabolism?

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #7  
Crazy fibre chick

S/C/G: 260/235/140

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Oh, Jen! You are so strong! Bravo for staying the course! I've been in the same situation (sort of--not brownies) and caved both times.

I don't know about the metabolism thing. Maybe the dieticians at MF could shed light? At any rate, I wouldn't do it as a regular thing.
voluptuous6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading this site for the past week and want to say thanks for all the great advise. I, myself, am torn between Wonderslim and NLD, but think I might go with Wonderslim based on the reviews they are similar and it costs less. I should be placing my order this weekend and for once im excited to start a diet. I have tried alot of different ones and I never stick to them, but I feel that since I have put alot of research into this, that I will stick to it this time (wish me luck).

I do have one question though. I tried slimfast a few years ago and i remember the Strawberry and Vanilla being absolutely discusting. I have noticed from posts and the sites that they have Capella drops that you can buy. I was thinking about trying some and adding them to the Vanilla WS or NLD hoping they didnt taste bad. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also are the strawberry shakes even worth trying?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jennifer28; 03-13-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Jennifer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #9  
*Lurker*

S/C/G: 314/253/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone... just checking in and wanted to tell you how great you are all doing and how motivational it is to read the threads that y'all have had going lately, like the weigh in thread. I still have several weeks before I can start but I am looking forward to it more and more. I'll have my baby via c-section next Monday, and the countdown begins from there. I am now looking forward to the 20-30 lb loss I will experience the week I have my LO.. Is it cheating if I use my pregnancy high as my starting weight so that it shows a fast loss alreasy?
losingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Just popping in to say "NO" my husband still hasn't found a job yet, but at least now he's able to draw unemployment. AND... of course I still cannot afford MediFast, but we talked about it, & I am going to try WonderSlim for 4 weeks (WS is much cheaper than MF). I've heard positive things about WS, the tastes of the foods, etc. So if I can lose at least 10-15 pounds in one month on WS, I will continue it another 2 months, & therefore (hopefully!!!!) be at my goal weight.

Wish me luck, y'all!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #11  
Operator265

Good Luck Beach. Still praying for you DH and his job situation.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #12  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Beachy~~ Just happened to check in briefly. I switched over to Wonderslim and some other high protein/low carb brands off dietdirect.com, because I was burned out on Medifast as far as the foods and lack of variety after so long. I am loving the new stuff! The BarWise bars are awesome, and the WS berry smoothie shakes are better than any MF shake. Also, I've been eating the nacho cheesy pasta, and spaghettini - really good, better than soup! I just picked things under 19 carbs and would not order anything over that. Anyway, it is awesome! I've lost 20 and have been holding steady/maintaining. Spinning my wheels a bit but also now running 3 miles and working on the fitness.
AshleyA is offline   Reply With Quote