Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1203

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #2  

Morning everyone!

Did you know that we've collectively exercised over 10,000 minutes this month!! Come join us if you haven't already!! We are really on a roll, but still need more help!

I had a good weekend, and am technically on "break" this week. But Spring Break is the time for professors to get their next courses prepped, and get some other work done that there's no time for during the term...
Old 03-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I had a great week last week. DID everything right..water , exercise and calories..and still no loss!! I will increase exercise this week!! I also have been snacking on frozen grapes alone...i will add some protien to that snack...maybe a better balance will help.
hugs to all
Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debi: Hang in there with that loss a coming! How was it at your DD house putting the gifts away etc. I hope you had fun.

Sharon: Woo hoo -9!!! That is awesome. You go girl.

Cyn: Glad that you had fun at the candle party.

debbie: WOo hoo on -7 keep your focus and go for it doll.

Rat: It was so nice and warm here on Saturday that I thought of you everytime My thoughts turned to riding my bike. lol. Glad that you got to go out.

Caro: Sorry about the 1.75 gain. I'm sure it is muscle that will be burning up the fat soon. Hugs.

Mainah: Yummy. Banana on top of your french toasts sounds great.

Shimmer: Sorry about your cousin. Glad that chore is overwith.

Heather: I will post my exercise minutes soon. I keep forgetting but I am keeping track from Feb and March. Sorry. They are coming.

Well all, I will be gone most of the day with work then training on the new job. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies..

Our family has decided to take the 30 day challenge. What is that you say? NO FAST FOOD FOR 30 days! Now this is really really hard for us. My kids know that I am trying to lose weight and hubby knows it too. So we were chatting last night about how easy it is to "run through taco bell" when we are too lazy to cook. Mind you a whole pantry full of food. So my youngest says lets just not eat fast food. I said how about we make it a 30 day challenge. This will be very hard for us, but if we all committ the we just might make it. My hubby and both boys, ages 14 and 18, or no where near over weight, but they know that I struggle. And as you all know fast food is not good for anyone. SO it is not like I am depriving them from something. I am going to add it to my ticker.hehe if I can remember how.

Today back to work after 4 days off. I hope i can still see my desk.

Last edited by azcyn; 03-23-2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #6  

Cyn -- What an awesome challenge!

Do you have a plan so that you can avoid the fast food on the days when you will be really busy and want it??
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Good for you Cyn!! When I was at my highest weight I probably ate fast food more than 5 times a week. Every once in a while I will have a double cheezburger plain from Burger King and take the bread off but fast food tends to give me tummy-aches now that I am only doing unprocessed foods...maybe it's the grease, maybe there are additives, I don't know. Still tastes pretty yummy but just makes me feel gross (and serious tummy issues, yuck) so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

That said, I do break down and go to Popeye's every now and then... but I haven't been in quite a while. Just chicken, no sides, but it sure does make me feel sick. Yummy though!!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcyn View Post

Our family has decided to take the 30 day challenge. What is that you say? NO FAST FOOD FOR 30 days! Now this is really really hard for us. My kids know that I am trying to lose weight and hubby knows it too. So we were chatting last night about how easy it is to "run through taco bell" when we are too lazy to cook. Mind you a whole pantry full of food. So my youngest says lets just not eat fast food. I said how about we make it a 30 day challenge. This will be very hard for us, but if we all committ the we just might make it. My hubby and both boys, ages 14 and 18, or no where near over weight, but they know that I struggle. And as you all know fast food is not good for anyone. SO it is not like I am depriving them from something.
I hope that you and your family are successful with this.
I haven't eaten in a fast food place in a couple of years now and I don't miss it one bit.
Good luck!!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #9  

I had never considered myself lucky to live in a rural town. BUt i guess it keeps me from having to deal with fast foods often. We have to drive 20min to get to any real fast food place. We do have a few mom and pop type restraunts that offer more home cooking like foods. I try to stay away from them except for getting my baked fish meal.
I do struggle with eating at nice restraunts ..even though we dont get to go often. We are going on sat to an all you can eat chinnese seafood place. I have made my mind up to stick with the seafood and stay away from the butter...
good luck cyn!! Keep us posted on how its going!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

I just wanted to pop in here and confess that I have not been on plan (calorie counting) much lately.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 03-23-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #11  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Cyn-that's how I lost my first 80 pounds, just stopping fast food and ordering in. I used that time to learn how to cook the right way, but didn't really cut my calories any.

Getting a bit better every day. I have my hand padded, and that helps over the bruise in my palm. I haven't gone stir crazy yet. Having a major winter storm and over a foot of new snow hasn't inspired me to escape from my captor. It's only -11 though. Here it has to warm up to snow. I'm not going to the pool tomorrow, but since I've arranged a ride, I get to go to a meeting Thursday night. In the meantime, I guess I'll just putter around the house.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

The results are in!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #13  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Great Job done Debbie!
I really want to be the BL next week! So here I am off to get the job done! DH checked out the bikes and we need alittle air then we are ready to go cycling. But I gotta finish up the taxes in the next day or two. I cant let my self get too distracted!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #14  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Looking for motivation!
Quote of the day!

"We all have ability. The difference is how we use it."
Stevie Wonder
Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #15  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

I'm so stressed right now and so wanting to eat, eat, eat!

I decided to go back to grad school for library science. However, I want to get into the fall program at a certain school which deadlines on April 15th - which means I need to take the GRE exam by next week. Ack! I hate taking tests, particularly those involving math which makes up a good portion of this test. I know it's my own fault that I've put myself under this time constraint, and I should have planned better or put off until next year. But it is what it is. I've cut it so close I don't even know if it's possible to get the test results in time - waiting to hear from the school on that. Not to mention all the other paperwork and things I'll need to get to complete the application process. Ugh, ugh, ugh! Maybe I should just wait, I dunno.

I hope everyone else's week is going well. I'll be back later on to check in and see how everyone's doing. I just needed to vent for a minute!
Closed Thread