South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Good deals on SBD books at SortFloorBooks.com

WARNING: This can be a HUGE addiction...you CANNOT buy just one book!

This is a favorite webstore of mine. I just bought The SBD Taste of Summer and The SBD Parties and Holidays cookbooks for $5 each (I think they are noarmally $35/each)...brand new with remainder marks. The selection varies daily as things sell out and then get restocked but they've consistently had these two cookbooks along with the teal SBD book (English and Spanish versions with variety of conditions), the Dining Guide (probably a little outdated d/t changing menus but possibly a good resource to have if you eat out a lot), Good Carbs and Bad Carbs Guide, and the Heart Program ($3). To check their current stock for SBD books, enter "South Beach Diet" in the search box and select "Title".

www.sortfloorbooks.com is a great online bookstore with brand new books or slightly damages books from shipping, etc (states in the description). The books are from a warehouse with a remainder mark on bottom and/or across the barcode. Totally giftable, IMO (have done so numerous times). They ahve a CRAZY annoying search engine but it is worth the frustration...lots of good deals to be had once you find what you are looking for! FREE Media Mail shipping with purchase of $14.99 or more. They currently have a coupon code for 10% off $25 or more. They usually have 10% off coupons every month...just call and ask.

Just thought I'd share for the newbies, so you can have a hard copy in front of you. The teal book obviously is not as updated as Supercharged but I like the way this one is worded better...it "speaks" to me. The "updated" food lists are on HERE...you are good to go!

HTH!

Last edited by 262mom2three; 03-13-2009 at 09:56 PM.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #2  
it's always something

What a great deal, thanks for posting! I love book bargains and will have fun browsing
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #3  
Returning to SBD!

I just bought 3 SBD books plus 2 others for 15.55...what a great site!
lydiaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #4  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Glad you found some good deals! Sorry, in advance, for the new addiction.

Last edited by 262mom2three; 03-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Great ideas! Thanks, 262Mom!

Another great resource is www.paperbackswap.com. You can list books you're willing to swap online--if you post 10 or more, you get free credits towards books of your choice. I've swapped more than 40 books so far and just love it! If you join, feel free to mention me (beachgal) as having recommended it, if you want. They have hardcovers as well as softcovers, so you should be able to find the SBD book there, too.

If you decide to pay full price and go to Amazon, don't forget to go through the 3FC link. It doesn't cost you any more, but it does donate a portion of your purchase to the sisters. It's a great way to thank them for creating and maintaining this great website for us! :

Last edited by beachgal; 03-19-2009 at 02:16 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote