Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:37 AM   #1  
Wanting the dream body

S/C/G: 200/ticker/110

Height: 5'1

Default Binged today. Upset. Need Advice on tomorrow! Help?

Hi girls I Binged today. I was so in control for 3 months and i let go.

I ate sushi today, Ice cream and 5 protein bars (all chocolate)

so tomorrow Should i just eat an apple? or should i go back to my original diet?
Reset??? will it make any difference? I dont know... Help?? I never binged before since my diet,
so i dont know what to do now.

Im thinking of just eating an apple tomorrow hahaha. and then reset on wednesday and follow my diet on wed....

i dunno!

Last edited by ZelZel; 03-17-2009 at 03:38 AM.
ZelZel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Whenever I binge cutting out food from the next day never helps, I just feel MORE hungry than ever. I have to have healthy foods around and try to stay within a lax calorie limit after binges.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

You don't want to just eat an apple tomorrow. One of two things will happen. You'll either be extra hungry and set yourself up to binge again, or you'll fall into a restrictive cycle. The latter happened to me. I was restricting too much, and so I got a dietitian to help me get back to normal. I was slowly getting back up to my normal calorie range, but then I binged on Saturday, and so I ended up eating 400 calories on Sunday and 300 today, totally ruining all of the progress I've made. It's very frustrating and it just makes you feel worse. Just let it go and continue along how you've been doing. We all have bad days.

((hugs))
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/190-ish/140

Height: 5'7"

Definitely don't just not eat tomorrow. I know it's tempting, but it'll make it worse on you in the long run, because you'll be starving the day after. Just eat normally or a little less than normal.

I've been binging a LOT in the past few months, and I've found that not eating enough the next day just makes it worse.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:07 AM   #5  
Wanting the dream body

thank you girls. but i totally failed again. I binged today again but I am planning to run tomorrow morning. and cut down on the food. THANK you so much!!!
but i have to stop binging. Will power come back!!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #6  

Attempting not to eat will make it even harder not to binge because your body craves nutrients and when you get ravenous you're more likely to just unleash on food rather than having controlled meals. I can say from experience that planning out a healthy day's worth of food helps a lot more to combat binging than holding out on food or exercising too much without having eaten first. Here's to a better day tomorrow!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

1st don't beat yourself up, 2nd...don't restrict yourself. I understand the need to feel light in your stomach again, however, your body will demand food even more if you do that...I have gone on terrible binges before...

you say you eat sushi, ice cream and 5 protein bars? Ok so what did that put your total calories for the day at? And what have you been restricting yourself to?

I ask because if your calories are set too low..you will binge. The binge may have been your body's way of telling you...you are asking too much of me with what I have right now, if you want me to keep going I need extra food and nutrients...

the correct answer is just to pick up where you left off...if you ate a maddening amount of food..and just feel heavy in your digestive track ...a liquid fast with breakfast replacer, boost, or whatever with your NORMAL amt of calories should help.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #8  
Wanting the dream body

thank you Jendiet!
the last 3 days i binged, its cause in the morning i figure i shouldnt eat much and then at night i binge, i see where my problem comes in.

so im trying to span out and diet like i used to before i snapped.

and its true, i realize i binge without stopping because i set calories too low before that. And when i get the chance i binge. i got back on track today though, so i hope my willpoer is with me again.

thank you!!!