Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/196/135

Height: 5'7"

Default I binged like never before...

I can't believe it. And I was doing so well, as far as binging was concerned. I had planned 1/4 of a piece of tiramisu into my calories for today, but of course, I could not have just 1/4. Now that I look back, I'm not sure why I thought I could. I of course, ate the whole thing, telling myself I would just skip dinner in favor of eating that. After I was finished, was I satisfied? Of course not. I proceeded to eat 5 servings of hot cheetos, handfuls of honey-glazed chocolate macidamia nuts, a pepperoni hot pocket, and cheesy marinara chicken. I'm just so disgusted with myself and my stomach really hurts.

I think it was partially because I'd been eating an average of 500-600 calories this week (very bad, I know, and I have help for dealing with that), and partially because I've been stressing about my legal issues and freaking out over what the decision is going to be.

Hope you don't mind me sharing. It feels better to get it all out.
cammieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

cammie, we all have days like this..me included...If you food journal, i bet you will still be at a healthy range of calories (average) for the week based on some of your other posts..

I find I binge most often when I am not giving my body what it needs and am trying to be too conservative with calories and fats..the gals here at 3FC really do know what they are talking about when it comes to good fats in your body...

Btw, you are still doing great scale wise...and are progressing nicely..don't be down on yourself..this moment is new--that's opposed to saying, "tomorrow is a new day"....in other words, start again just this very moment.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

don't beat yourself up too hard..and Yes...500-600 CALORIES a day will cause your body to demand food...you are starving..you are still doing well calorie wise...it's ok...just be careful...

I have fasted before alternating days..so that is a good way to lose weight..if you can handle it...i would suggest that..rather than such low calories every day...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #4  

I know exactly what you mean. I ate yesterday and stuffed myself on fast food. Did good all day then had a melt. OMG, it tasted so good I couldn't believe it. Now today I have done better. It's all right. This is a war and on any given day we all do the best we can. You are fine. g
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #5  

Thanks guys. I feel a bit better already. I logged all that food into my tracker, which was very hard and slightly humiliating, and my total intake for the day is 2400 calories. I'm rounding up a bit. Ugh! I haven't eaten that much on maybe a month. Hopefully if I don't eat the rest of the day, I won't gain too much, though I'm sure I'm looking at 3 pounds at least, especially since I was at 600 calories all that week. Not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow, that's for sure.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

It's all about balancing, and you're learning how to balance. For me also, over-restricting can lead to a binge. When I starved myself like a prisoner, I rebelled agains the prison warden whenever food was available. When I was kinder to myself, and never let myself go hungry, I didn't feel so desperate & rebellious & I ate more moderately. This may be true for you, too.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #7  
ida

Binging and losing control over yourself is never fun. However, if you had been eating 600 calories all week, maybe that binge was good for you and may actually help you with your weight loss... I atleast find that if I almost starve myself during the week (which I don't do anymore, luckily) and binge at the end of it, my body thanks me for it... it's if I keep on binging during the whole following week that leads to a gain.

Anyway, you should try to eat more during the week.. eating less and less can only lead to becoming even heavier; I used to be bulimic, and that was when I really started to gain weight. Your metabolism gets so messed up, and you can't stay with a calorie intake like that forever...

Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy, I just don't want you getting an eating disorder.. They're really, really no fun.
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I think when you eat so low on a daily basis, it becomes very hard not to binge. Studies on people with no eating issues to start with have shown that when their food is restricted, they become obsessed with food and binge. It's your biology.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #9  

Ida - You don't sound preachy at all. I really appreciate the advice. I'm definitely going to try to eat more this week, even if I have to mentally force myself. And you were right, that binge helped in a weird way. I got on the scale the next day and lost 1/2 a pound. I checked 3 times to make sure it was right. So strange how our bodies work.

Julie - Wow, I didn't know they did studies on that. That's actually really interesting.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

umm yeah. just so you know you're not alone...i was on plan friday until i went out to an engagement part. i drank over on calories. and then was so starving when i got home at 2am i ordered and ate an entire thin crust dominos pizza. the whole thing. at 2am. amazing.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote