South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/173/135

Height: 5 5'

Question New to SBD and 3 Chicks! With Questions

Hi all!

My names Lisa and I just joined this forum. Looks like a great place and I expect I will become a regular in no time!

Anyways, my hubby and I are on day 1 of SBD.

I did read the book..although quickly and I will definately be going back to it.

I do have a couple of questions.

1st.
I know this phase calls for three meals plus 2 snacks and desert.

I was wondering though...could I have additional snacks of cheese/nuts/veggies/beans etc...if I get hungry during the day?

2nd.
Can I use sugar free coffee creamer with my coffee?

3rd.
could you let me know how my meal plan looks today...I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Thanks!

Breakfast:
2 eggs/cheese/ham omelette
Coffee with 1% milk and splenda
1/2 can of V8 (I need to get used to it...I could only stomach 1/2 of it!)

Snack:
String Cheese

Lunch:
Turkey rollup w/2 slices deli turkey/slice of swiss cheese/pickle/yellow mustard all rolled up in a giant romaine lettuce leaf.
About 2 tablespoons hummus w/red & green pepper slices and celery

Snack:
30 pistacios

Dinner:
Grilled pork chop w/McCormick seasoning for pork, broccolli w/cheese, salad w/ceasar dressing.

Snack:
Sugar Free Popsicle

Extras - 20oz diet coke, sugar free gum

THANKS!! And I look forward to getting to know you all!
lharvey180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome!
Just a quick reply from me, I need to run out but wanted to say hello.
Your menu looks good to me, but at breakfast you don't have to have the V8, you could make your omelette with veggies plus the ham and cheese, then you don't need the V8. You could add sliced bell peppers, green onions and maybe mushrooms to the omelette.
I don't like V8 either!

During Phase 1 don't allow yourself to get too hungry. So if you need to eat something it's fine to have some extra veggies or beans or whatever. Just watch your amounts of nuts - they can slow down weight loss for some Beachers - stick to the recommended amounts.

Some other Beachers will be along soon to add more advice

Last edited by Artemis__; 03-16-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lisa!

Yes, you can eat more if you are hungry on Phase 1. But stay away from cheese (which has a lot of calories and bad fats, even in the low fat form) and nuts (which need to be limited to one serving a day), and go with beans and veggies. My rule of thumb when I feel "hungry" is to ask if I want some veggies. If I'm eager to eat them, I know I'm really hungry and that's what I have. If they don't sound palatable, I know it's just "head hunger" (or possibly cravings, necessitating a round of P1) and I avoid eating.

In regards to creamer, no you shouldn't. Here are several threads that discuss this at length:
coffee creamers??
Coffee drinkers : what is your fav brand ? fav creamer ?
Moving to Phase II, Margarine, and Coffee Creamer

Artemis is right, your menu looks good. Consider adding some beans (the fiber helps a LOT in P1 and it also helps reduce the side effects of detoxing), some veggies to your snacks (you'll feel more full), and veggies in your omelet instead of the V8 if you don't like it (veggies are actually better than V8, since they have fiber and fill you up!).

You're on the right track! Check out the Taco Bake and Peanut Butter Cup (both in the recipe forum, Entrees-Phase 1 and Desserts-Phase 1, respectively), too...they are amazing!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/173/135

Height: 5 5'

So I shouldn't have cheese or nuts at all?? Or just limit the servings. So today I will have 3 cheese servings and one nuts...is that too much??
lharvey180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Lisa and to The Beach.

Cheese and nuts ARE allowed but in limited servings. Please read our Phase I Food List several times and check out the other stickies as well.

I do see hummus in your menu which is a small serving of legumes but there is no dairy.

By the way, dessert is an option. Some folks find that artificial sweeteners just stoke up their cravings for sugar.

Stick around and join the Phase I Thread where you'll find support and the answers to many questions. .
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach....
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Lisa! I see that your questions have all been answered, so I'll just wish you luck and hope to hear from you often!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote