View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #102
Karen31

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone, Well, we made it back to Colorado about 7:30 last night. It was a long trip but I'm glad that we were already back there when my Dad got sick. He had a really hard time after his surgery but is doing better. We did decide to have him go to skilled nursing right now at least until he gets his strength back. If any of us kids tried to take care of him at home i just know we wouldn't be able to make him get moving the way he needs to get better. In fact, I heard today that my older brother was there with him when a nurse came in and said it was time to go to rehab----my Dad said he just didn't think he was up to it today---she didn't take no for an answer and he ended up riding on a stationary bike and then lifting some weights. I know we wouldn't have been able to make him do that and I also know that this is what he needs!

Our realtor called this morning and people were coming this afternoon to see the house so I got moving pretty fast and got things put away and the house looked good to show. BUT I am pooped tonight. I am hoping the house sells soon and we can get moved back to MO. I'm so glad that we were already there when Dad had to be taken to the ER---it wouldn't have been much fun driving 700 miles worrying about him all the way!

Anyway, wanted to at least pop in and let you know I'm still hanging in there. Now I need to get focused on my eating and exercise again! May need a kick in the pants to get started again!

Take care.....

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~